Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Got a CEL

Tags
cel
2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  smallheadz 
#1 ·
At 20 months and 25,000 miles of ownership, I finally got a CEL this morning. No drivability issues or anything, so I'm guessing it's one of the sensors as others have had issues with. I don't have OnStar or a code reader, so I'll be taking it in tomorrow to find out what it is.

This is the first CEL I've had on one of my own vehicles, well, ever. Including my currently owned Subaru, I've owned a total of four different cars in my life and driven a collective 236,000 miles on them, and this is my first CEL. It doesn't mean anything...just an observation that I just realized this morning. I guess I've had good luck so far.

#3 ·
Glad there's no drivability issues. Please keep us posted as to what it is.

Reactions: Tomko
#4 · (Edited)
Turns out it was P0133, slow O2 sensor. The service guy said the procedure was to update the ECM to fix it, so we'll see. It's off for now. No sensors were replaced.

#5 ·
I've noticed this ECM update coming up more and more the past few weeks. What is the update? Seeing that it is in fact an update, is this something all CTD owners should be getting?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.