Last gen 2.0 TDI/Gen 1 CTD emissions

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Last gen 2.0 TDI/Gen 1 CTD emissions

pavulon is offline [OP]
    Driver's Ed

Last gen 2.0 TDI/Gen 1 CTD emissions

Am aware of the TDI debacle and have looked but am unable to locate the emissions numbers for comparison. Any help? Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

as in tailpipe readings?
    Hidden Content

2014 Cruze Diesel - White 102,000 km

1998 XJ 3" 31" Hakka LT 340,000 km
    1998 XJ 3" 31" Hakka LT 290,000 km

pavulon is offline [OP]
    Driver's Ed
    correct.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Handbrake Released
    The on road test that discovered the VW cheat tested 3 cars. 2 VWs and a BMW X5 Diesel. The BMW passed. I'm not aware of on road testing for CTD, but you can be pretty sure that it's dyno test would be it's on road like the BMW. The dyno test was used to achieve EPA certification.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    2015 Cruze TD (x2), 2009 Dodge Ram Cummins, former 2012 VW Jetta TDI

Emissions are complicated, but it does somewhere around 0.03 to 0.04 g NOx / km when driving at pretty much any speed really.

I dont know what the hard number limit is, they aren't measured in g NOx /km, but that is under it.

The EPA will perform a road test on our Cruzes at some point if they haven't already as part of the diesels retests. I doubt they will ever release the numbers. We will only hear about it if the car fails.
    2014 Cruze Clean Turbo Diesel

Handbrake Released
    Quote Originally Posted by CruzeDan View Post
    The EPA will perform a road test on our Cruzes at some point if they haven't already as part of the diesels retests. I doubt they will ever release the numbers. We will only hear about it if the car fails.

Testing is ongoing all the time. Last year,I gave up a newer car for a month for a loaner and compensation for EPA testing. They came, flatbedded the vehicle and one month later I got it back with less than 1000 more miles on it, cleaned and in perfect condition. It was a positive experience.
    2015 CTD, all options including block heater. Built 12/14. Dual Stir-O Beltronics, the best of the best in RDs, not even a V1C can hang with the O. ALP quint.

Super Moderator

I know several months ago some people filed a bandwagon lawsuit against Chevy for diesel Cruze emissions. Nothing more was ever heard about it.
    2014 Chevy Cruze Clean Turbo Diesel 202K (Domenic), 1986 Mercedes 300E 5 Speed odo broken (Rammstein - Sold and then repurchased), 2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback 6M 7K (Gordon), 2004 Mercedes S430 4Matic - Going to be the daily grinder for now, but I still love my Cruze!!

Quote Originally Posted by diesel View Post
    I know several months ago some people filed a bandwagon lawsuit against Chevy for diesel Cruze emissions. Nothing more was ever heard about it.
    Correct, because it was all a money-grab - there wasn't any actual evidence.
    2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel - MSR 013 17" wheels
    Hidden Content
    2007 Chevy Cobalt LT Coupe - M62 w/ 2.9" pulley, Header/Downpipe/Exhaust, FE5 Struts/Shocks/Control Arms/Front Swaybar, SSC Springs, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, MSR 045 18" wheels w/ Direzza ZIIs, G85 Recaros + much more
    Hidden Content
    2017 Chevy Volt LT - Stock
    Hidden Content
    1998 Chevy Cavalier Sedan - Cold Air Intake, '01 Camaro Front Seats, MES 2.25" Downpipe, Dents, Rust.
    Hidden Content
    1981 Chevy Camaro Z28 - Zapco Amp & Pre-Amp/Equilizer, Kenwood Tape Deck, Pyle 8" Woofers & SEAS 4.5" Mids in Deck, JVC Ribbon Tweeters in Doors
    Hidden Content

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.