Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Leak in my trunk

Tags
leak trunk
13K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  pslover 
#1 ·
Been noticing moisture in my trunk, boxes and papers damp....
Didnt think too much of it at the time, but went down to where my
spare tire is and found the pad on the bottom soaking wet, so much
that there is water pooling on top.....

I've seen a few other threads and a TSB for 2011's thats expired,
and a few discussions about 2012's..

Is there an actual TSB for this problem, and how many others are
affected by a leaky trunk??

MY CAR: 2012 LT/RS

#3 ·
Early in the '11 production, there was manufacturing problem with insufficient sealant being applied to a body seam in the taillight socket. I don't recall which side. That was corrected back then. There was another thread here about moisture getting into the trunk area. I think that was corrected by having new weather stripping installed around the trunk opening. I'd take it to the dealer if it was my car.

I was rear ended some time ago and after getting the car back from the body shop, I had water in the trunk when it rained. Body shop found the leak by putting a worker in the trunk with a shop light and spraying the car from the outside with a high pressure hose. They had to tweak some body work to get it sealed up.

#5 ·
I did notice the previous posts for the 2011's. Wonder how many 2012's are leaking, and how many are going un noticed by the owner..
Bringing it to the dealer on Monday. Said they need it for 3-7 days... Ugh... Atleast they have a loaner car for me...
But I guess it's better than the alternative..... Wet stuff, stinky, mold...

I will keep you filled in on the outcome....

#6 ·
Dropped her off this morning and despite their original quote of keeping the car for 7 days, they phoned me at 4pm to advise that they think they've found the spot... There was a 6 inch part of the rolled metal connecting the upper sill of the trunk that was not sealed. They have now sealed it but still keeping the car til Wednesday to make sure it is all dried out so they can do another hose test to make sure that was the spot...

SO, EVERYONE should check their spare tire area for water... It's not just the 2011's with the problem...

#7 ·
Christrit,
I would like to apologize for the issues that you experienced with your Cruze. Was your dealer able to get this issue resolved for you? If you have any questions please feel free to contact me anytime.
Thank you,
Stacy Chevrolet Customer Service

#10 ·
Christrit;,
Thank you for the update. I am happy to hear that this issue is being resolved for you. If you have any other questions please feel free to contact me anytime.
Thank you,

#12 ·
cruze2012owner,
I would like to apologize for the issues that you are experiencing with your Cruze. I would like you to keep me posted on the progress with your dealer. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me anytime.
Thank you,

#13 ·
Did you guys hear where the trunk was leaking?

I have had my 2012 for a week now, opened trunk today and would bet its leaking. There is no puddle yet. Water was past weatherstrip and puddled in rear panel where the trunk height stops are.

I'm gonna take a look tomorrow and check weatherstrip seal as the leak is up high. I have fixed alot of leaks on Gm's in the fleet at work.

#17 ·
Ellie needs an automotive grade tampon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.