Radiator or cooler line issue? - Page 2

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Radiator or cooler line issue?

Driver's Ed
    Hello!

It was plastic. If you go under you will see it clipped on with a weird clip that you have to pull apart to remove. I didn't touch the radiator hoses which is why I got scared when coolant came out. The plastic part is very hard to move out of the way. I finally managed to push it down with a lot of force but I didn't realize that it had some flexibility to it.

Thanks

Also I don't trust dealers. Took my 06 impala in for a recall and they "mixed my car up with another impala" and drained my oil. They refilled it and didn't tighten the drain bolt so I developed an engine knock. My dad was a gm mechanic so I learned a lot growing up. Smart to do it myself? Probably not. Fun? Yes.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Driver's Ed
    Oh sorry, I didn't remove my battery, but if you're not gonna go under then it may have to be. Those crimps go bad all the time. Every GM vehicle I've owned had them go bad at some point except my impala.

Driver's Ed
    I did not take the bumper off either... I jacked it up and took the tire off. It's tight and I cut my hand but it can be done.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

4th Gear
    Thanks for the replies, the site didn't notify me of your responses earlier. I have a hose ordered off amazon, but I haven't figured out if/how I'm going to do this. It's currently 5F for a high, and the car is sitting.

Pulling the battery is not hard, if it gives you access to the lower radiator fitting.

I'm assuming you used a pick to remove the clip to get the line free vs. removing the fitting all together from the radiator, and then removing the connector from the old line.

I can see how you may have done it I think. It's very tight, and will take lot's of patience. Which is ok if the garage is warm!

Thanks!
    How to add OEM Factory Heated Seats to a Cloth LT
    Hidden Content
    2012 Cruze LT, 1.4L, AT 58,000 Miles as of 12/16

Previous Rides
    2002 Intrigue 3.5L,LX5, AT 135,000- Owned for 10 years.. PM for Intrigue help. P1811 also a problem with this car.
    2000 Intrigue 3.5L, LX5, AT, 89,000- Owned for 12 years.. Dreaded P1811 killed this transmission.

Driver's Ed
    Hello!

It took me a while, but I spent a long time trying to figure out how to push that intake pipe thing out of the way. The clip was pretty easy to remove, but to bring both hands in to pull it is a little tight. I think when you see where it's connected you'll be fine lol. I know I am making it sound confusing but honestly it wasn't that bad. 90% of the time I was freaking out about coolant coming out xD

8. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.