I have an appt for service on monday.

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: I have an appt for service on monday.

A&J Cruzin is offline [OP]
    Handbrake Released

I have an appt for service on monday.

when i went to get the oil changed,i told them about the weird grinding noise the car makes at idle...how it pulses with each rotation of the pulleys or belt...or whatever it does...i know others here have had the same issue..and have even got it on video...and others have had their a/c compressors replaced and the noise went away....but of course it didnt make ther noise that day....

so today it was,so i took it in...and a service rep even heard it....finally...so its going in mon morning...i brought up the issue that people are having with the a/t trans...and he described exactly what everyone says...then procedes to say.." thats how they normally operate"...bs...so i then said..really??..so i then said..the trans messing up..and working like crap is normal??...he just looked at me...i just laughed and said..gmill have to come up with a better line of bs to feed to people cause that doesnt fly.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by A&J Cruzin View Post
    when i went to get the oil changed,i told them about the weird grinding noise the car makes at idle...how it pulses with each rotation of the pulleys or belt...or whatever it does...i know others here have had the same issue..and have even got it on video...and others have had their a/c compressors replaced and the noise went away....but of course it didnt make ther noise that day....

so today it was,so i took it in...and a service rep even heard it....finally...so its going in mon morning...i brought up the issue that people are having with the a/t trans...and he described exactly what everyone says...then procedes to say.." thats how they normally operate"...bs...so i then said..really??..so i then said..the trans messing up..and working like crap is normal??...he just looked at me...i just laughed and said..gmill have to come up with a better line of bs to feed to people cause that doesnt fly.
    maybe in 1980 that would fly but not in 2011!!!! good luck!

Lyrical Wordsmith
    They told me the same thing and honestly its very annoying...

4th Gear
    Hey, let me know how the pulsation noise abatement turns out. Allen Tillery replaced my A/C compressor (at least they said they did) but it didn't do any good for my car. If it's the same noise I hear, you can make it stop almost instantly by turning on the A/C - even at its weakest setting.

If your dealer actually fixes yours I might have to drive to Benton and visit your dealer. Is it Lander's?

Off-Road Champion

While I don't disagree with you, being a jerk to the service people will gain you nothing and just makes you look bad.
    Nick
    USAF
    Hidden Content
    2011 Cruze Eco
    1988 Pontiac Trans Am GTA Hidden Content
    In the recent past:
    2002 Trans Am WS6 346CI of unbridled fury! 469RWH/434RWTQ 11.01 @ 123MPHHidden Content You will be missed!
    2005 Subaru Legacy GT 309WHP/357RWTQ 12.21 @ 113
    2000 Subaru Impreza RS 203WHP/201WTQ 14.2 @ 103

Hidden Content

Handbrake Released
    i went to crain....and i wasnt being a jerk...i just hate when service people try to bs me...**** i prob know more about the cars than he does...id rather talk to the shop foreman..at least he is honost and doesnt bs me.....like when the service rep said that its normal for the trans on these cars to slip...and rev to 5k before shifting and such.....so does that mean there is something wrong with my trans...sence it doesnt do anything like that...heck mine is sooth..usually i dont even feel when it shifts...
    as for the vibration/pulse thing...ill know some time tomorrow..and hopefully the shop manager will be there..and i can just talk to him...rather than service people.....heck i used to sell cars for crain...i know what goes on there...

Handbrake Released
    That pulsating noise has gotten louder on my car over time. now 5K KM's on it.

Handbrake Released
    yeah..im at almost 7k on mt car...i didnt bother going in today..my car doesnt turn into a boat...or fly...excuse the chitty chitty bang bang reference...my kids just saw the movie and loved it...

VGT
    Handbrake Released
    I wonder how some people in this thread keep the drool off their chins.

Handbrake Released
    VGT...such nice words....but who ever your refering to..ill make sure to send them your way..sence you have figured out how to do it.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.