Engine Shield after recall - Page 2
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Engine Shield after recall

That is a Butcher job. Perhaps we should have a forum with photos and dealer names as to who will be the best GM saw hacker winner of the Chevy Cruze.
    steve333, Starks8, Calintz and 3 others like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Retired Moderator

LOL.

Still waiting for the redesign. If there is ever going to be one.

I told the dealer not to hack mine the last time I was in there for a warranty issue. They didn't, and made me sign something taking the liability off them. Perfectly fair, IMO.
    2012 Chevrolet Cruze Eco
    2009 Honda Fit Sport

Learn from the mistakes of others, so when you err it can be in new and interesting ways.

Epic Beard Man
    Quote Originally Posted by HisandHers View Post
    That's just sad,my 2012 was built in July so it is one of the last 2012's and it has the horrible hack job.Chevy should be ashamed to call that customer service.
    Yep, the build out for the 2012 was on 8/7.

I have a horrible hack job too, and I don't know what dealer to blame it on.

Jon-
    "You say the strangest things" -jblackburn
    2012 Cruze LTZ EcoRS 1.4L 6A, Autumn Metallic with Cocoa/Light Neutral, Built 2/23/2012 at Lordstown 19078!
    Trifecta, shiny Injen, Forge Atmo BOV, Collins Big 3, Homelink, RS/Turbo/Eco badges, Huskys, Curt hitch, LTZ Grill, Korean sunglasses holder, ZZP gauge pod & down/mid pipes
    2005 Ford Excursion Limited V10, soon a 7.3 PSD. 2007 Sunline Solaris T-286SR.

This is something that will become a non-issue in about a year. All of the older Cruzes will have been modified, and production from here foward will not have the shield.
    Going out for a CRUZE

Accelerating to 6th gear!

Hey blame that one on GM (Chevy) They do not want to pay anyone to do anything right.I think they should have sent out redesigned parts for the cars myself. You will see them have a big problem as the economy inproves.They will have a tough time to get anyone to work for them.It has turned into a complete joke there times on repairs.There day is comeing !

ImageUploadedByAG Free1354392565.444641.jpgImageUploadedByAG Free1354392586.315406.jpg
    Bought mine with it pre-cut. Not a bad job.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
    gt_cristian and Bohdan like this.
    I enjoy doing what most wouldn't, and if most did then i wouldn't.

Red 12' Chevy Cruze RS manual w/ convenience pkg

Learning about my Cruze
    Why can't GM offer (at no cost i might add) a replacement shield to those cars that had theirs butchered? A shield is still a good Idea, they just need to perforate it to allow spills to drip through.

Driver's Ed
    Wow that "repair" is an embarrassing joke... I just had mine done a week ago with my oil change, and now I'm wishing I would have seen this thread beforehand. I have yet to look at my shield, but now that is the first thing I'm going to do when I leave work today.

I'm hoping it doesn't look like a 4 year old did it, because my father is the GM at the store where I purchase and service my cars and I'd rather not have to be unsatisfied with the level of service I've recieved. Never have been before, but with GM handling recalls this way, what can you expect?!

Also, Haven't been on the forum in a LONG time, so I have a lot of catching up to do!

1st Gear
    I have so far refused to have mine done and told the dealer I do my own oil changes and clean up after myself if needed. So now they cut the shield,, so are they saying it s no longer needed? LOL. Wasn t it designed to be there for a reason? Now the reason is gone? They just dont care and think people are dumb. Now water and salt can get to areas which were first designed to be covered.
    mmontini6289 likes this.

Driver's Ed
    I was told that if it isn't done it could possibly void the warranty in the case of fire. I change my own oil and do it cleanly but I didn't want to give them any ammo. My wife relies on this car too much.
    2011 Cruze Eco
    2006 Mercury Mariner
    1993 FS Chevy Blazer
    1984 Chevy Monte Carlo

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast