What is wrong with Chevy? - Page 3
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: What is wrong with Chevy?

Weird, we've had numerous Chevrolets pass 200,000 miles with only minor problems. Never towed and never lengthy downtime. But when you buy $20,000 it should be expected. It's what I tell people with Cobalts and Cavaliers, you didn't want cheap? They make Malibus and Impalas for that. I've never had anyone I know personally experience that with their Cruze, kinda shocking to me.

• 1986 Chevrolet C10, 3 on the tree (sold)
    • 2013 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT/RS 6-Speed Auto
    GO HOME IMPORTS!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Off-Road Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Jammin View Post
    Weird, we've had numerous Chevrolets pass 200,000 miles with only minor problems. Never towed and never lengthy downtime. But when you buy $20,000 it should be expected. It's what I tell people with Cobalts and Cavaliers, you didn't want cheap? They make Malibus and Impalas for that. I've never had anyone I know personally experience that with their Cruze, kinda shocking to me.
    This will not get Chevy competitive in the compact car class. People buy compacts because they want a small car, not necessarily a "cheap" car. The Cruze was intended to do away with the Cavalier/Cobalt image. The Cruze owners I've talked to haven't had issues either, but that doesn't excuse the manufacturer from correcting the ones that do have problems.
    2013 Crystal Black Pearl Civic EX-L Sedan w/Nav: K&N Drop In
    16,100 Mi., Avg. MPG: 33 City; 44 Hiway; 87 E10; ECON On
    24 months old, not a single problem, issue, or recall.

I went out to find myself. If I return before I get back, have me wait for me.

I'm not apathetic, I'm just too old to matter anymore.
    45,151 October '14 YTD

Are you really that ignorant? $20,000 buys you nothing? Maybe Chevy should tell me I'm a cheap ba****d and I got what I paid for. My wifes $56,000 Audi had three warranty issues. So how does your idea of you get what you pay for work for our Audi?
    jblackburn likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sciphi View Post
    So the cylinder head is on backorder? Lovely.

At least you have wheels during all this, and it sounds like your dealer is treating you fairly.

No its not the cylinder head, they have that back. He didn't tell me what they couldn't locate and I didn't ask. The rental helps, and their service treats me good, no complaints there. I am going to call them tommorow and see if they had any luck, and if they didn't I'll ask them what parts they can't find. I'll keep everyone updated.

Retired Moderator

Uhh, $20k isn't exactly chump change. And, the Cruze isn't meant to be cheap. It's meant to lead the compact car segment, and give folks lots of features without a large exterior footprint or fuel bill. Cheap cars these are not. If one wants cheap with a bowtie, buy a Spark or base Sonic.

And, a base Malibu starts at right around $22k, or just a few hundred more than MSRP on a mid-level Cruze Eco/1LT/2LT.

Problems happen with every car, every company, and just because they didn't happen to you doesn't mean they didn't happen. It's how the company and their dealers step up and respond when problems do occue that makes or breaks the ownership experience.

These are mass-produced, some tiny fraction is bound to have problems. It stinks if yours is one of that 0.12% that has that particular severe issue, and takes weeks to get resolved.
    Starks8 and jblackburn like this.
    2012 Chevrolet Cruze Eco
    2009 Honda Fit Sport

Learn from the mistakes of others, so when you err it can be in new and interesting ways.

World Rally Champion
    I have also had quite a few GM cars with more than 200,000 with just basic maintenance. However I completely disagree with your assumption that cheap means low quality. I have had my cruze in the shop more in 6 months than my 2004 cavalier was in 6 years.

In 100,000miles on the cavalier I only did regular maintenance(oil change, clean air filter), tires, front brakes, front sway bar end links(less than $20). Had one warranty issue, the window switch failed before I even drove off the dealers lot.

Lifetime: 10.5 cents per mile @ $3.69 average price over 59K miles

In 50,000 miles I have added 1 gallon of anti freeze and never seen a drop on the ground. My heater does smell but not getting any steam inside. I do not trust my dealer to find or fix anything so I will drive and keep adding till I can trade it off.
    2011 Cruze LTZ RS Crystal Red Metallic Tintcoat. Picked up 1/28/2011. All options except nav.

Resident Tater Salad

People pay $17-20,000 for a Honda civic and they don't expect the car to fall apart around them. They expect good, reliable transportation. Why should we expect less of a Cruze?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
    Starks8, sciphi and obermd like this.
    2012 Cruze 1LT 6M

I'm wondering what I should do here. I'm on day 16 with the car in the shop. I spoke with the Service Manager, and they are waiting for gaskets that are back ordered, they have no clue when they will be available. I have a 2010 Impala as a rental, what a POS, no XM HORRIBLE fuel mileage (V6) and the most boring car i have ever had the displeasure of driving. How long should I wait until I start complaining? We go to the Pittsburgh area over Christmas, we don't take the wifes Audi, and the Impala sucks on gas, any input?

Resident Tater Salad

Quote Originally Posted by ZZR12 View Post
    I'm wondering what I should do here. I'm on day 16 with the car in the shop. I spoke with the Service Manager, and they are waiting for gaskets that are back ordered, they have no clue when they will be available. I have a 2010 Impala as a rental, what a POS, no XM HORRIBLE fuel mileage (V6) and the most boring car i have ever had the displeasure of driving. How long should I wait until I start complaining? We go to the Pittsburgh area over Christmas, we don't take the wifes Audi, and the Impala sucks on gas, any input?
    Sic chevrolet customer service on em and tell them to get-r-done already. That is ridiculous. You should see customer service around the site here; send them a PM or just give them a call tomorrow.

Then never, ever go back to that dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
    2012 Cruze 1LT 6M

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.