Radio shuts off and turns on randomly.. Service Stabilitrac, Service TC, etc..
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Radio shuts off and turns on randomly.. Service Stabilitrac, Service TC, etc..

Driver's Ed

Radio shuts off and turns on randomly.. Service Stabilitrac, Service TC, etc..

Go back to COMG- The Cruze Owner's Maintenance Guide

So I need help. I have a 2012 ltz rs 1.4t with an auto tranny. bought the car the 25th of Jan. with 24xxx miles. 2 days ago my radio and whole radio display started turning off and back on by itself as i was sitting at a stoplight. It continued as i turned through the intersection and my power steering went out and instantly came back. Radio continued to come on and off. Stopped doing it all after about a block. Drove about 4 miles to the house. Pulled in the garage and shut off the car. Radio stayed on even after i opened the driver door. Shut the door and locked the car.. Radio still on. Unlocked and opened door.. Radio still on. Disconnected the negative terminal and reconnected the terminal after about 2 hours (watched a movie with the wifey..) and everything was back to normal.

Yesterday.
    Drove the car off and on throughout the day with no issues. Drove about 2 hours to Springfield with no issues. Car ran great, no electronic issues. Had my OBDII and Torque app monitoring the car the whole time. No Issues.. 13ish psi boost, normal coolant temps, normal car right?
    Eat dinner then drive to movie theater less than 10 miles down the road. Gassed on it leaving a light then this happens;
    - Radio doing its on/off thing again
    - Service Traction Control message
    - Service Stabilitrac message
    After the messages are displayed everything calms down. No check engine light on or anything. Next light i stop and turn right. Step on the gas to pull out and the car repeats the whole sequence again. No I'm annoyed. Pull into parking lot and step back on the gas and get whole sequence again plus Service Power Steering. Radio is still doing crazy things this whole time. Turn down an aisle to park. Find a spot. Turn into parking spot and whole sequence repeats itself;
    - Radio doing its on/off thing again
    - Service Traction Control message
    - Service Stabilitrac message PLUS
    - Service Power Steering PLUS
    - I LOOSE POWER STEERING FOR MOST OF THE TURN
    Power Steering comes back midway through parking. Turn off the car and go watch the movie....
    2 hours later..........
    Start car with remote start as we exit the movie and drive it 2 hours home with no issues.. ZERO issues. It was like it never even happened. Drove it today with no issues..

HELP ME!!!!!!!
    Last edited by iKermit; 12-21-2013 at 12:02 PM.
    courtneyzahora and cvega like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Administrator

Are you losing electrical power as well or just the warnings and radio? This could be the BCM or a loose connection. I'd take it in as the car is still under B2B warranty and hope it repeats for the service department.

2012 ECO MT - Black Granite/Cloth; 814 mile range; Bluetooth Stereo AUX; OEM Fogs w/Chrome Covers; GM Spare tire; VG Shark Fin
    2010 Mit Lancer GT MT (traded for ECO @31K miles)
    2002 Pont Montana AWD (traded for 2012 LS @182K miles)
    1990 Pont Transport (traded for Montana @240K miles)
    1986 Fiero GT MT (traded for Transport - needed more seats)
    1985 Fiero 2M4 MT (traded for Fiero GT @8K miles)

Driver's Ed
    It still has electrical power. My climate control stays on and my lights all stay on. Only thing that goes off is the radio and the radio display screen. Stays off for a second or two.. Sometimes it does it 2 or 3 times back to back then comes back on for a bit. I'll be taking it in on monday to see if they will look at it but I know they are going to make an appointment for another day. It has the b2b warranty plus I bought a 7 year 100k warranty on top of it

3rd Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by JTedrow View Post
    Had my OBDII and Torque app monitoring the car the whole time. No
    Besides taking it in, just for kicks, what if you run w/o anything connected to the OBD2 port?

Someone at ScanGauge II and TPMS interaction | PriusChat (who I personally know and have met) reported a suspicious problem that he believed might be the fault of his Scangauge II. Someone at ScanGauge II and TPMS interaction | PriusChat complained of his SG II causing probs on his 02 Camry.

I've heard, but haven't intentionally tried it myself that if one presses buttons too rapidly on a SG II while attached to a Prius that it could trigger check engine and "red triangle of death" warning lights by causing a lot of "bad traffic"/corruption on the CAN bus.

I've personally hit a few times Just hooked up ScanGauge II & immediately got these error codes | PriusChat by not following directions.
    Last edited by cwerdna; 02-17-2013 at 07:39 AM.

Driver's Ed
    I first started having this issue with the scanner not even in the car. After it happened I plugged in my scanner to see if it would show a code or something. It does this with the scanner plugged in and it does it with the scanner unplugged

There are four hot leads connected to the positive post of the battery. One of them is the main, the other three go elsewhere. At least make sure those connections are tight.
    Going out for a CRUZE

Accelerating to 6th gear!

Loose connections in the underhood fuse box where the upper and lower half are put together. The problem is worse when the car gets warm correct?
    13 Cyber Gray Cruze LT RS Auto

Driver's Ed
    I really dont know what is going on. I havent been able to get it to do anything at all for 2 days now. Been driving it around all weekend and havent had a single issue. I dont know what to think now

Driver's Ed
    Update to earlier issues. Got in the car to drive home from work and lost the radio, power steering, service TC, service power steering, service stabilitrac. Currently at dealership awaiting an answer

Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
    Quote Originally Posted by JTedrow View Post
    Update to earlier issues. Got in the car to drive home from work and lost the radio, power steering, service TC, service power steering, service stabilitrac. Currently at dealership awaiting an answer

JTedrow,
    I would like to apologize for the issues that you are experiencing with your Cruze. I would like you to keep me posted on the progress with your dealer. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me anytime.
    Thank you,
    Stacy Chevrolet Customer Service

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.