Car won't unlock or lock!!!! HELP

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Car won't unlock or lock!!!! HELP

Car won't unlock or lock!!!! HELP

Ok guys really quick it's simple my car won't lock or unlock from the fob or even from the console under the radio it just doesn't do anything when pressed I have to use my key and to unlock the door I have to literally open from inside... Any advise?!?! Please help me!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    US Army Veteran - Rochester, NY | Instagram : @mastercanine
    2011 Cruze Eco 1.4T M/T
    Mods : -Trifecta Tune - Dual Borla Exhaust - Premium Aftermarket Audio System - ZZP Pillar Gauge Pod - Drop in K&N - Resonator Delete - Custom Vinyl Work (Hood, Roof, Trunk, Front/Rear Bowtie) - Interior L.E.D. Lighting (All) - Exterior L.E.D. Lighting (License plate, GlowTie) - 20% Tint All Around

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Learning about my Cruze
    i would start by looking at the fuze(s)...im at work so i dont have my manual handy to give you the exact ones...then i would check the lock settings...if you have my link there settings for your locks ie..child locks..key fob lock..etc...sorry i cant be much help right now..i did have an issue with my Yukon once with no power at all to the door panels which didnt allow the key fob to work at all..it turned out to be the main fuze to the PCM for the doors....R2d fuze and i was good to go...just start simple and hope for the best......good luck

Learning about my Cruze
    does everything else on your key fob work? Trunk? Panic alarm?

Formula One Champion
    Take the car to the dealer to be fixed? Doesn't unlocking from the inside of door or using key in door set off the alarm? it should.

Lifetime: 10.4 cents per mile @ $3.67 average price over 61K miles

Quote Originally Posted by spacedout View Post
    Take the car to the dealer to be fixed? Doesn't unlocking from the inside of door or using key in door set off the alarm? it should.
    I was just about to ask this, it has happened to me before and it would randomly fix itself... (only from key fob though). It has to be something opening the circuit (a fuse most likely).
    -Danny

I can unlock and lock ONLY with the key... Where is this fuze in question? Is it a cheap fuze? Sorry I know nothing lmao.. Both the fob and button on the inside console do nothing. The key fob the lights still blink and the horn sounds but no locking or unlock action is being made... Please advise

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    US Army Veteran - Rochester, NY | Instagram : @mastercanine
    2011 Cruze Eco 1.4T M/T
    Mods : -Trifecta Tune - Dual Borla Exhaust - Premium Aftermarket Audio System - ZZP Pillar Gauge Pod - Drop in K&N - Resonator Delete - Custom Vinyl Work (Hood, Roof, Trunk, Front/Rear Bowtie) - Interior L.E.D. Lighting (All) - Exterior L.E.D. Lighting (License plate, GlowTie) - 20% Tint All Around

Formula One Champion
    why not make an appointment with the dealer?

Lifetime: 10.4 cents per mile @ $3.67 average price over 61K miles

Retired Moderator

The fuse covers under the hood and under the headlight switch have descriptions of the functions. Finding the one the powers the door locks should be doable.
    2012 Chevrolet Cruze Eco
    2009 Honda Fit Sport

Learn from the mistakes of others, so when you err it can be in new and interesting ways.

Take a look at the small cover for the ignition lock cylinder. When you pull the key out it should shut. If you pull the key out and the cover stays open your remote will not work.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Some things I know, some things I don't
    Current Rides:

2010 Chevrolet Malibu
    2011 Equinox
    2012 Cruze LT
    2013 Cruze RS

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.