whistling/sqealing noise coming from front end
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: whistling/sqealing noise coming from front end

Driver's Ed

whistling/sqealing noise coming from front end

I have a 2011 Cruze that is only about 4 months old - only had 24 miles on it when i bought it.
    For about a 1-2 months I have noticed when my windows are down I can hear a whistling/squealing noise from the front end.. At first it was only on the drivers side and it was very faint.. Over the course of a few weeks it has became louder. So I took into the dealer and they said it was from the wind hitting off my side mirrors and they put padding it. But it was still happening, I called them and said its still making the noise and I dont get how it can be a whistling noise going at 10-15 mph.. So I took it back into the dealership a second time, when a several test drives with a tech and they shaved down my drivers side rotor.. I didn't notice it for a few days untill I had a passenger and they put down their window and then I could hear it from the passenger side. So... obviously I called again and took back in.. And they shaved down the passenger side rotor.. which now, its coming from both sides and its louder than ever.. It starts at 15mph and escalates from there and then slowly fades away as I get to 15 mph.The dealershop told me that if I brought it back in for the same problem I would have to pay for the service because it wouldn't be under warranty or I would have to call GM.

So anyways, I was just curious if anyone else had this problem? - I don't hear it when the windows are up and it is not an option for me to not put my windows down! lol..

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Learning about my Cruze
    I'm having the same issue. My noise is the same noise youre describing but its all the way up to 40mph. Then after that I can't hear it as much bc of the wind. Idk what it is but a technician at my local dealer said maybe the sway bar links? Or something along those lines. Did you ever get it figured out?
    Current Rides:
    2014 Chevy Malibu 2LZ
    1993 Buick Century (work car)

Past Rides:
    2011 Chevy Silverado X-Cab 4x4
    2011 Chevy Cruze 1LT
    2007 Chevy Impala SS
    2006 Pontiac G6 V6
    2000 Chevy Cavalier Coupe
    1989 Chevy S-10 Blazer 2-Door
    1985 Chevy Celebrity

This is not true, you are STILL covered by warranty, take it to another dealer. You took it in so they can fix it, and they didn't fix it, how can this not be covered under any warranty... Seriously?
    -Danny

4th Gear
    I had a repetitive noise on my LS that I tracked down to one of the wheel covers. But it didn't squeal continuously and it wouldn't apply to the cars with alloy wheels. You'd think it would be possible to prove/disprove the brakes by dragging them when it was acting up. If the noise went away you'd know for sure it was the brakes.

Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
    Quote Originally Posted by mj1015 View Post
    I have a 2011 Cruze that is only about 4 months old - only had 24 miles on it when i bought it.
    For about a 1-2 months I have noticed when my windows are down I can hear a whistling/squealing noise from the front end.. At first it was only on the drivers side and it was very faint.. Over the course of a few weeks it has became louder. So I took into the dealer and they said it was from the wind hitting off my side mirrors and they put padding it. But it was still happening, I called them and said its still making the noise and I dont get how it can be a whistling noise going at 10-15 mph.. So I took it back into the dealership a second time, when a several test drives with a tech and they shaved down my drivers side rotor.. I didn't notice it for a few days untill I had a passenger and they put down their window and then I could hear it from the passenger side. So... obviously I called again and took back in.. And they shaved down the passenger side rotor.. which now, its coming from both sides and its louder than ever.. It starts at 15mph and escalates from there and then slowly fades away as I get to 15 mph.The dealershop told me that if I brought it back in for the same problem I would have to pay for the service because it wouldn't be under warranty or I would have to call GM.

So anyways, I was just curious if anyone else had this problem? - I don't hear it when the windows are up and it is not an option for me to not put my windows down! lol..

mj1015,
    I understand that this can be frustrating to deal with. I would like to look into this for you. Can you please send me a PM with your contact information, VIN, current mileage and the name of your dealership? If you would like to visit a different dealership please provide me with both of the dealerships please. I look forward to hearing back from you.
    Thank you,
    Stacy Chevrolet Customer Service

Quote Originally Posted by bh04 View Post
    I'm having the same issue. My noise is the same noise youre describing but its all the way up to 40mph. Then after that I can't hear it as much bc of the wind. Idk what it is but a technician at my local dealer said maybe the sway bar links? Or something along those lines. Did you ever get it figured out?

bh04,
    Have you taken your vehicle into your dealer regarding this issue? If you have not I would suggest that you do. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me. Please keep me posted on this issue.
    Thank you,

Driver's Ed
    My 2012 Cruze makes a whistle noise around 60/65 mph and doesn't always do it . It might do it today and not again for a couple days ! Does anyone know what it might be ? I took it to dealer and of course they either couldn't hear it or it didn't do it that speciFic day ! I need help goin on vacation and don't wanna hear it for700miles please help!

JVH
    Driver's Ed
    I have the same problem - especially on windy days - the noise is a high-pitched whistle so constant it almost sounds like an electronic beep. It comes from the front dash area, when I get above 65 mph. Anyone have a solution to this?

Quote Originally Posted by Sherrie View Post
    My 2012 Cruze makes a whistle noise around 60/65 mph and doesn't always do it . It might do it today and not again for a couple days ! Does anyone know what it might be ? I took it to dealer and of course they either couldn't hear it or it didn't do it that speciFic day ! I need help goin on vacation and don't wanna hear it for700miles please help!

Sherrie,
    I understand your concerns with this issue. I would like to look into this further for you. Can you please send me a PM with your name, address, phone number, VIN, current mileage and the name of your dealer? I look forward to hearing back from you as well as assisting you with your concerns.
    Thank you,

Quote Originally Posted by JVH View Post
    I have the same problem - especially on windy days - the noise is a high-pitched whistle so constant it almost sounds like an electronic beep. It comes from the front dash area, when I get above 65 mph. Anyone have a solution to this?

JVH,
    Have you taken your Cruze into your dealer to have them look into this for you? If you have not I would suggest that you have them take a look at this. Also can you please send me a PM with your VIN and the name of your dealer? Please keep me posted. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me anytime.
    Thank you,

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast