OnStar "My Link" phone app....

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OnStar "My Link" phone app....

Question OnStar "My Link" phone app....

Those using the OnStar "My Link" app. for smart phones: Did anyone have problems at first getting the Cruze to report the data to the system? I've downloaded the app and performed the activation steps....still waiting for the data to be displayed on the app. We have received a diagnostic print out on-line from OnStar with no problems. I did contact OnStar and they said the problem is being sent to techs to check out. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced any activation quirks? I will update this as the problem is resolved. It's probably something I didn't do correctly!
    jaygeo1 - Keep Cruze'in

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

My Cruze synced up right away with the OnStar Mylink app, but it took a day or two to be recognized by the MyChevrolet app. It looks like sometimes it can take a day or two for a VIN to be registered as "sold" and the apps are looking for this before they connect. Give a day and see if it will connect then.

Thanks...I'll do just that. The wife said that the car started remotely by phone ok this afternoon, but still no data showing up.
    jaygeo1 - Keep Cruze'in

The dta is generates is always "old" for me, seems it randomly generates.
    When you open the Onstar app, there's a small "refresh" button at the very top, if you click that it will refresh the data

Learning about my Cruze
    I use a droid to run the app and have had no issues. Activation went smooth and data comes in after hitting the refresh.

Thumbs up Thank You!!

Love this Forum. Shawn672, thanks for the heads up on the refresh button at the top of the home screen. I touched the symbol, it made me sign back in the app., downloaded and displayed perfectly! (I had a feeling it would be something I didn't do)
    jaygeo1 - Keep Cruze'in

Driver's Ed
    Anyone know if there will be an app for Blackberrys. I bought the new Blackberry Torch two weeks before I bought my new Cruze. I probably would have upgraded to a Droid if I knew this app was available and I wouldn't be able to use it with my Blackberry.

Quote Originally Posted by cruzetroy View Post
    Anyone know if there will be an app for Blackberrys. I bought the new Blackberry Torch two weeks before I bought my new Cruze. I probably would have upgraded to a Droid if I knew this app was available and I wouldn't be able to use it with my Blackberry.
    Back in Jan. of 2010 Onstar showed off a demonstration of an Android, Apple, and Blackberry app.

In (I believe) June, they launched the app on Android and Apple OS. There hasn't been word from Onstar about BB since last Jan. but some people speculated it might coincide with the 2.0 launch, no clue what version is out now or when the next version might come out

Current version of the App (for iOS anyway) is 1.0.8, which was released last week I think. Not sure if that's much of an indicator though....

Driver's Ed
    I was able to sync my phone (Samsung Fascinate Galaxy S), but it will NOT download my contacts like the dealer said it would.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast