Turbo Leaking Oil - I Hate Dealerships - Page 8
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Turbo Leaking Oil - I Hate Dealerships

Resident Tater Salad
    Quote Originally Posted by Eco View Post
    ^ Could very well be, however I'd be a little suspect at this amount of oil inside my charge piping honestly, it's quite a bit.
    I'd venture a guess that Chevy took much of their design of this engine from their previous stake in Saab (and then ditched them, jerks). One of the first signs of a faulty PCV system on Saabs/Volvos is lots of oil in the intercooler pipes. There's a hose into the side of the turbo intake hose that provides negative pressure for the rest of the PCV system when the intake manifold is under boost. Get rid of that vacuum, the oil that escapes past the turbo seals...and everywhere else...gets sucked through there and makes a mess.

My hoses were practically seeping at the connections.
    2012 Cruze 1LT 6M

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

ImageUploadedByAG Free1355083894.611293.jpg This is how much I had and it was a piston issue .

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
    jblackburn likes this.
    2011 Black LTZ 1.4l turbo. Black leather interior, Pioneer system

Mods:Flowmaster 80 series catback dual exhaust w/ resonator delete, 35% tint, and Blue LED interior lights.

Mods to come: Rims & tire package, boost gauge, HID headlights, LED brake lights

Eco
    Handbrake Released
    ^ Yeah that's pretty severe. Mine could just be an accumulation of PCV bypass over time honestly.
    How is your repaired motor going?

Eco
    Handbrake Released
    Ok so this is new. I've received a call back from the dealership. Apparently they state I need "a new intake feed" and that "the stock one has a restriction according to this TSB. So a "new one" is being ordered. I don't believe it is an updated part, just that the old one is "restricted and cannot be cleaned"

Now having designed turbo systems in the past, I will admit sometimes PCV system can confused me as far as what does the engineer who designed it think about the parameters of operation. Apply vac under boost, how much, perhaps none with just no restriction, blah blah...

But I don't think I've ever heard of a "restriction in a turbo feed" which I presume they are referring to an intake elbow which probably has a PCV line going into it has anything to do with wether or not I have too much oil coming out of the turbo, UNLESS perhaps the PCV system was plugged up due to a failed check valve or something. An intake elbow would likey have very little if nothing to do with it.

I'm going to have them fax me over the TSB in the morning see if I can get more info. Just seems so weird.

Ok just got off the phone, apparently it is a "revised part"
    Anyone have any info on this?

Eco
    Handbrake Released
    Ok here is my TSB. Apparently my sweet service advisor misspoke saying it was a turbo feed, but neglecting to tell me it as an oil feed. She also said it was a new part, I'm unsure if it is or not, perhaps you can tell by the TSB, I cannot

Resident Tater Salad
    0_o coking oil in the lines, eh?

Guess GM's semi-syn oil isn't all its made out to be. I'll stick to using a good quality synthetic.
    2012 Cruze 1LT 6M

Autocross Champion
    0_o coking oil in the lines, eh?

Guess GM's semi-syn oil isn't all its made out to be. I'll stick to using a good quality synthetic.
    Agreed - I switched to Mobil 1 @ 1500 miles.

Switched to Mobil 1 at 500 miles and I still had issues unfortunately. But I now have 3k on the motor since rebuild and runs decent

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
    2011 Black LTZ 1.4l turbo. Black leather interior, Pioneer system

Mods:Flowmaster 80 series catback dual exhaust w/ resonator delete, 35% tint, and Blue LED interior lights.

Mods to come: Rims & tire package, boost gauge, HID headlights, LED brake lights

Eco
    Handbrake Released
    I use royal purple, it's impossible to coke up that stuff, it won't even burn.
    Like I said this probably has nothing to do with why I have oil leaking out of my chargepipe so... The really weird part is that this is a ball bearing turbo I'm almost positive, and BB turbos require oil restriction...

Eco
    Handbrake Released
    Back from the dealership.
    Ok just as I thought. I knew there was no way Royal Purple was coking in the turbo oil feed. My service advisor got it wrong. She told me the wrong thing.
    So what they replaced was INDEED the revised CAM COVER. Since it has the PCV vent inside of it. It is an updated part.

So we'll see how that goes.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast