Turbo Leaking Oil - I Hate Dealerships
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Turbo Leaking Oil - I Hate Dealerships

Angry Turbo Leaking Oil - I Hate Dealerships

Hello.

I have been having issues lately with my Cruze. I have been noticing blue smoke coming out of my exhaust. What happens is that I will go WOT to get onto interstate, get up to about 75 MPH, and then if I slow down and then re-accelerate under light throttel, the blue smoke pours out of my exhaust for 1 or 2 seconds and my car runs very rough. In normal everyday driving and acceleration I have no issues. Iin the past month I have had to add at least 2 quarts of oil to my engine.

I inspected my spark plugs and they have oil fouling. I took off the pipe that connects to my throttle body and a good deal of oil poured out of the tube and the throttle body. I do know that most of the turbocharged ecotech engines get a small amount of oil in the throttle body, intercooler and piping and that it is normal but the amount of oil that poured out of mine definitely is not.

I crawled under my car to see if I could see anything there, and I found that oil is leaking from the joint between the intercooler and the piping between the turbo and the intercooler. It makes sense as that is the lowest point and is where the oil is pooling.

So I think that my turbo is leaking oil from the bearing and seals and it gets worse when the turbo is at full boost. By the way, my car does this completely stock.

I took it to the dealership and they told me that they have to replace the air piping between the turbo and the intercooler because that is the cause of the leak!! Last I checked, a pipe that is only supposed to have air flowing through it shouldn't spontaneously leak oil. But because my car is under warranty, I am going to have to let them screw around with it and waste my time and hope that I get someone who knows what they are doing.

I hate dealerships.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Banned
    Wow that sucks!!! Better now than out of warranty!
    titan2782 likes this.

2nd Gear
    rofl.. sooooo a pipe that only funnels air, is leaking out oil and the pipe is problem? holy crap.. i'd find another dealership QUICK. There has to a better dealership around.

Off-Road Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceme View Post
    But because my car is under warranty, I am going to have to let them screw around with it and waste my time and hope that I get someone who knows what they are doing.
    Quick! Name the dealership, so no one else here goes to them. I am convinced that there are a lot of Chevy service departments that are NOT up to spec. on the Cruze yet.
    2013 Crystal Black Pearl Civic EX-L Sedan w/Nav: K&N Drop In
    14,900 Mi., Avg. MPG: 34 City; 45 Hiway; 87 E10; ECON On
    23 months old, not a single problem, issue, or recall.

I went out to find myself. If I return before I get back, have me wait for me.

I'm not apathetic, I'm just too old to matter anymore.
    45,316 September '14 YTD

problem with turbo cars,the turbo wont last forever

Quote Originally Posted by TravsCruze View Post
    rofl.. sooooo a pipe that only funnels air, is leaking out oil and the pipe is problem? holy crap.. i'd find another dealership QUICK. There has to a better dealership around.
    X2! Go to a dealership without retards working in the shop...

Your intercooler is probably full of oil too.

Quote Originally Posted by jakkaroo View Post
    It should last at least 100,000 miles, its also pretty easy to replace on this car.
    Last edited by Skilz10179; 10-28-2011 at 02:23 PM.

Most mechanical parts in a car don't last forever.
    Cruze LTZ RS Silver Ice Metallic, Black Leather interior, connectivity package, sunroof, pioneer premium sound system, 18" split star wheels

Sucks to hear that. Hopefully they'll fix you up and make the process as painless as possible.
    Cruze LTZ RS Silver Ice Metallic, Black Leather interior, connectivity package, sunroof, pioneer premium sound system, 18" split star wheels

Quote Originally Posted by Crewz View Post
    Most mechanical parts in a car don't last forever.
    dude your a doche,you should get my point that most cars that come turbo rom factory do not have the greatest turbos,look at the audis my buddys girlfriend has one has 50k miles on it she drives well really slow,we went out one night and she gassed it hard and it smoked as bad as a diesel and you can feel the car lose boost,and look at disels there turbos go out alot they are very weak for what people want from them

dude your a doche,you should get my point that most cars that come turbo rom factory do not have the greatest turbos,look at the audis my buddys girlfriend has one has 50k miles on it she drives well really slow,we went out one night and she gassed it hard and it smoked as bad as a diesel and you can feel the car lose boost,and look at disels there turbos go out alot they are very weak for what people want from them
    You're a dumb@ss and need to lighten up. No, I don't get your point. Learn how to type like an adult.

That's what warranties are for. What people want from their turbo and what they're designed to do are two different things. If you want a performance car with a turbo, don't buy a Cruze. If you want a family car that gets good gas milage, then buy one.
    bartonmd, Cleck and bbdhomer like this.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast