Chevy Cruze Transmission Update - Page 15
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Chevy Cruze Transmission Update

3rd Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by apsb21 View Post
    If they cannot change gear ratios (which I AGREE), the only way to smooth the gear shifts is reduce the final ratio(which I am sure what happened). If we can alter the shift points isnt that already changing the overall ratio.
    No.

Changing the shift points just changes at what RPM the car will shift from one gear to another. It's program controlled and can be changed somewhat easily.

The final drive ratio is the ratio is the gear ratio in the vehicles differential and cannot be changed without tearing the car apart and replacing gears. The same is true of the trans gear ratio.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Driver's Ed
    Got the Dyno done, K&N filter really works(+4 whp and +10 wtq). The dyno was pain in the rear, you cannot have the e-brake on, if u left the e-brake, the ABS goes on fault. so until you move the car it will not recognize everything is normal. Very filthy. But the peak Torque is at 3500 rpm i.e 145 wtq no wonder it feel sluggish until u step on it. that 1850 rpm is nothing but a pure flywheel TQ. (I will post the dyno quickly)
    Last edited by apsb21; 07-08-2011 at 03:43 PM.

Driver's Ed
    Can you guys confirm the RPM's you get at 62mph or 100kmph.

3rd Gear
    Thank looks about right. The theoretical amount for your car (assuming 225/45/R18) would be 2317.

Driver's Ed
    Quote Originally Posted by apsb21 View Post
    Got the Dyno done, K&N filter really works(+4 whp and +10 wtq). The dyno was pain in the rear, you cannot have the e-brake on, if u left the e-brake, the ABS goes on fault. so until you move the car it will not recognize everything is normal. Very filthy. But the peak Torque is at 3500 rpm i.e 145 wtq no wonder it feel sluggish until u step on it. that 1850 rpm is nothing but a pure flywheel TQ. (I will post the dyno quickly)
    Is this just the drop in K&N filter with nothing else done? those are some good numbers from a $40 dollar filter than!!

Driver's Ed
    bone stock,nothing done to engine, just K&N filter(no con/ no CAI, just $50 dollar filter). see trifecta tune graph, the graph has stock numbers on it. + 4hp and + 8 TQ at the wheels
    Last edited by apsb21; 07-08-2011 at 04:53 PM.

Driver's Ed

Angry Another Transmission Problem...Texas!

So I've been reading posts on transmission problems and before that I thought it was just the way my car shifts. Well now my family is car sick to ride in this car due to the erratic shifting. I took it in today at 7:30 a.m. to have it checked out and 10 hours later the service manager said he see's and feel's nothing wrong with it. So I took him on a city drive and he carefully watched the tach rev up to 2000-3000 RPM causing us to do the "chinese bow" upon stopping. Well he's stumped...

This car shifts perfect when on manual shifting but I purchased this car for automatic. Any suggestions?

Off-Road Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by DREWCITY75 View Post
    So I've been reading posts on transmission problems and before that I thought it was just the way my car shifts. Well now my family is car sick to ride in this car due to the erratic shifting. I took it in today at 7:30 a.m. to have it checked out and 10 hours later the service manager said he see's and feel's nothing wrong with it. So I took him on a city drive and he carefully watched the tach rev up to 2000-3000 RPM causing us to do the "chinese bow" upon stopping. Well he's stumped...

This car shifts perfect when on manual shifting but I purchased this car for automatic. Any suggestions?
    First question. How many miles do you have on your Cruze? From what I've been reading here, it takes from 3,000 to 5,000 miles before the TCM figures out how you drive and alters its programming to suit.

Second question. Have the necessary upgrades to the transmission been applied to your car? Check the Technical Service Bulletins thread at the top of this forum:
    Technical Service Bulletins (TSB) "lite"-version

A comment if I may. From what I've read here, there seems to be a fairly wide range of service skills available at the various dealerships for the Cruze. It is almost like some dealer's service departments haven't seen the training materials for the Cruze. So if you are playing "Stump The Band" with the service techs., don't give up and keep after them (politely, of course) to make you a satisfied customer.

Jim
    2013 Crystal Black Pearl Civic EX-L Sedan w/Nav: K&N Drop In
    13,000 Mi., Avg. MPG: 33 City; 45 Hiway; 87 E10; ECON On
    21 months old, not a single problem, issue, or recall.

I went out to find myself. If I return before I get back, have me wait for me.

I'm not apathetic, I'm just too old to matter anymore.
    21,759 June '14 YTD

1st Gear
    I just got myself a nice and beatiful white LS *automatic*, good mileage beautiful car and it soars like a bird on a highway.

BUT!!! (_i_)

as soon as I get OFF the highway I feel like the car is being driven by a half drunk kid trying to learn how to drive stick!.

I took it back to the dealer after 5 days! they already have no clue how to deal with me. I tried to get rid of it or even exchange it for one with manual trans` but they wouldnt have any of that no way.

I wish I was more thorough with my test drives, I was too caught up in the excitement and what I thought was just my over excited foot was really just an over finicky transmission!

God I hope all of you guys saying it will smooth out after 5+ kms are right because I financed this thing and I would take a huge bite in the #$% if I sold it now.

*cry*

3rd Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaycruze View Post
    I just got myself a nice and beatiful white LS *automatic*, good mileage beautiful car and it soars like a bird on a highway.

BUT!!! (_i_)

as soon as I get OFF the highway I feel like the car is being driven by a half drunk kid trying to learn how to drive stick!.

I took it back to the dealer after 5 days! they already have no clue how to deal with me. I tried to get rid of it or even exchange it for one with manual trans` but they wouldnt have any of that no way.

I wish I was more thorough with my test drives, I was too caught up in the excitement and what I thought was just my over excited foot was really just an over finicky transmission!

God I hope all of you guys saying it will smooth out after 5+ kms are right because I financed this thing and I would take a huge bite in the #$% if I sold it now.

*cry*
    Everyone says it smooths out, no worries.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast