Cruze catches fire - Page 5

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Cruze catches fire

3rd Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by iCruze2 View Post
    So 2 Cruze's now have caught fire....uht oh
    Out of 220k sold.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Most likely, just about every model of car has had some units that burned. I've seen several cars on fire, including a limo. The fact that one or two of the model that I own has burned does not worry me.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenCruze View Post
    Most likely, just about every model of car has had some units that burned. I've seen several cars on fire, including a limo. The fact that one or two of the model that I own has burned does not worry me.

Ditto to that. Plus that's why you carry insurance.

Driver's Ed
    12-06-11_1649.jpg12-07-11_1213.jpg12-07-11_1215.jpg

Here are before and after pictures. As you can see the only identifiable is the trunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Ann1172 View Post
    12-06-11_1649.jpg12-07-11_1213.jpg12-07-11_1215.jpg

Here are before and after pictures. As you can see the only identifiable is the trunk.
    Thats scary
    -Danny

4th Gear
    Looks like it started under the hood. I remember Honda having a problem and recall on CRV's a couple of years ago where they tended to catch fire immediately following the first oil change. Turned out the factory applied oil filter gasket could stick to the motor and then after the new filter was on there would be 2 gaskets stacked one on top of the other. The double gasket would blow out and the oil would spray on the exhaust and catch fire. Not saying that's what happened to the Cruze but motor fires happen to new cars occasionally.

Driver's Ed
    Redirect Notice

Scary stuff

Driver's Ed
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenCruze View Post
    I agree. Even though it burnt to the ground I bought a 2012 model.

Learning about my Cruze
    As an aside, on another forum there was discussion about which brand is most likely to be seen in flames. VW/Audi was the unanimous winner.

Learning about my Cruze
    Completely off topic, but **** that blue cruze must have been burning for a long ass time! I just had a near perfect '99 Camaro SS with only 41K on it light up. I was in the middle of tuning and it caught on fire due to a aftermarket fuel line that came off due tothe owner not fully making sure it snapped on the factory feed line which is right next to the header. This car burned for 20 min including the call to 911 before the local FD got it put out in 30 sec with foam. You can see the main heat was on the driver side, took 10 min to burn thru the fiberglass hood and catch the top of the dash and head liner which took out any usuable parts in the interior.

Last edited by BAD LS1; 01-17-2012 at 11:28 AM.
    2012 Cruze ECO: Crystal Red/Jet Black, M6, Driver Conv package.

2007 Suburban: 1500 4WD LT, Navy blue/Cashmiere

2001 Camaro SS: Rallye red/Ebony Leather, work in progress! 5.3, 4l60E, and single turbo on E85.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.