New TSB: PI0645 - front suspension popping noise - Page 14

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: New TSB: PI0645 - front suspension popping noise

World Rally Champion
    I they never even attemted to fx mine just sprayed aresol grease or something which didn't help

Sent from my Droid using AutoGuide.Com Free App
    GO FOR GOLD

http://www.youtube.com/user/H377ON3ARTH?feature=mhee

2012 ECO 6MT

Current Mods:
    K&N Typhoon Short Ram Intake,Tinted Windows, Custom Made Cat Back Exhaust With IMCO High Flow Muffler, Trifecta Performance Tune Plasti-dipped stock ECO rims, ZZP Down-pipe, M-Tech Shifter Shortener, 15" Incriminator Audio Subwoofer in Custom Built Box pushed by a Hifonics BRZ-2100.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Duke of Oil

Where the stars and stripes and eagles fly.
    Quote Originally Posted by H3LLON3ARTH View Post
    I they never even attemted to fx mine just sprayed aresol grease or something which didn't help

Time to file a case with GM customer support. That's just plain unacceptable. Show them the PI, or a TSB if it has been posted (I don't remember).
    Amsoil Products Info, Ordering, & CruzeTalk.com Discounts

XtremeRevolution & Co. Mobile Audio Parts :: XtremeRevolution.net

"When freedom is at odds with government policy, one of two things eventually happens: Either freedom is crushed, or political leaders are forced out in disgrace and replaced with guardians of individual liberty."

"...the Supreme Court has ruled that the right to keep and bear arms exists independently of the Second Amendment...the Bill of Rights is a reminder to the government, not [an] authorization..."

World Rally Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by XtremeRevolution View Post
    Time to file a case with GM customer support. That's just plain unacceptable. Show them the PI, or a TSB if it has been posted (I don't remember).
    Yea this was awhile back I'm guessing before this tsb the tsb I found when I took it in was for them to put aresol lubrication on the upper strut mounts but it pops going over every bump I am going to replace the sway bar links so hopefully that will help some atupid plastic crap just loke the mtor mounts

GO FOR GOLD

http://www.youtube.com/user/H377ON3ARTH?feature=mhee

2012 ECO 6MT

Current Mods:
    K&N Typhoon Short Ram Intake,Tinted Windows, Custom Made Cat Back Exhaust With IMCO High Flow Muffler, Trifecta Performance Tune Plasti-dipped stock ECO rims, ZZP Down-pipe, M-Tech Shifter Shortener, 15" Incriminator Audio Subwoofer in Custom Built Box pushed by a Hifonics BRZ-2100.

Handbrake Released
    Quote Originally Posted by rbtec View Post
    I had new struts put on as well, but the funny thing is there are shorter than the old ones. The front of my car is now 3/4 " lower than the rear. Are your new ones shorter as well?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
    I don't know how it compares to the rear, but the front of my car is now about 3/4" lower than it was before the strut replacement. In my case, the springs were NOT replaced. My struts were replaced under the following bulletin which does not call for spring replacement:

PSB#12-03-08-001: Clunk or Thump Type Noise from Front Suspension.

I have also compared the height of my MT Eco to two other used MT Eco's, and both of them sit about 3/4" higher in front than mine. I may go back to the dealer and see if I should have received new springs too, especially since my car falls under the VIN cutoff on TSB PI0645.
    '11 White Eco Mt w/ titanium int.

Handbrake Released
    Bump from the dead....anyone ever find out what the new parts are? Looking at my paperwork today I have the "old" part number.
    Mods - Custom Cabin Cold Air Intake(Can turn AC on and get power) - Weight Reduction(Took back floor mats out)

Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
    Gh0st,

You can private message me your old part number and I can check out what the new part number is for you if you would like.

Erica Tiffany
    Chevrolet Customer Care

Handbrake Released
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevy Customer Care View Post
    Gh0st,

You can private message me your old part number and I can check out what the new part number is for you if you would like.

Erica Tiffany
    Chevrolet Customer Care
    Hi Erica,

I found some other posts and did some cross checking and it looks like the part numbers I received are correct -

2 x 19260802(Springs for LT)
    13354009 Strut
    13354010 Strut

I will PM to verify.
    Mods - Custom Cabin Cold Air Intake(Can turn AC on and get power) - Weight Reduction(Took back floor mats out)

Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
    Gh0st,

Not a problem. I will look for your PM.

Erica Tiffany
    Chevrolet Customer Care

5th Gear
    I also hear the thud and clunk while driving in my neighborhood when driving over the section breaks in the concrete.. I work at the dealership and have gone in to ask about the tsb and they have told me that it is not a recall and that its just to advise the techs of the situation and that they will not fix or even look at my car as it is out of warranty.. I have had this problem with my car from the day I drove it home.. I WORK AT THE DEALERSHIP and they wont even look at it!!! Any suggestions for me or am I just screwed since I am out of my B2B??? Chevy Customer Service where are you??
    -Casey

2012 Cruze LTZ w/ Nav & Cashmere Int. 700+ Mile Club
    Mods- Trifecta tuned, K&N Short Ram, ZZP Downpipe, ZZP Midpipe, H&R springs, Eco Front Air Dam, Painted Factory 18's, Painted Calipers, Big 3 kit, Boost gauge in Column Pod, Ultra-Gauge, 3K HID's, 3K fogs, Vinyl Bowties, Debadged, Intake reso delete, Autolite Coppers to .028, 41 psi in tires, Amsoil in the Tranny

5th Gear
    So I just went to talk with service one more time before I do anything and I was explaining what it was doing and he said yea but you have it lowered and that changes it and makes it not work properly, I agreed but at the same time it did it before I put the springs on and there are multiple people saying that their cars are doing the exact same thing mine is.. He told me that I would have to put the stock springs back on so that they could look at it and then determine what the next step is.. So I paid someone to put my lowering springs on now in order to get a known problem on the front suspension fixed I will have to pay him again to put my stock springs back on for them to look at it and decide what they are going to do then pay him to put the other springs back on.. Let me say this again, I WORK FOR GENERAL MOTORS and am having to jump through hoops to get something even looked at..
    -Casey

2012 Cruze LTZ w/ Nav & Cashmere Int. 700+ Mile Club
    Mods- Trifecta tuned, K&N Short Ram, ZZP Downpipe, ZZP Midpipe, H&R springs, Eco Front Air Dam, Painted Factory 18's, Painted Calipers, Big 3 kit, Boost gauge in Column Pod, Ultra-Gauge, 3K HID's, 3K fogs, Vinyl Bowties, Debadged, Intake reso delete, Autolite Coppers to .028, 41 psi in tires, Amsoil in the Tranny

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.