Antifreeze Smell Thread - Page 96
NEWS
 

  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

    Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!
     
Page 96 of 109 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast
Results 951 to 960 of 1081
Like Tree329Likes

Thread: Antifreeze Smell Thread

  1. #951
    Driver's Ed
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    16
    Frankly, being given a $2 plastic tube & a 25 cent piece of tape to fix a car that is emitting antifreeze fumes is downright insulting.
    Starks8 likes this.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements
     

  3. #952
    6th Gear
    Hoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,229
    Quote Originally Posted by ConsideringACruze View Post
    Frankly, being given a $2 plastic tube & a 25 cent piece of tape to fix a car that is emitting antifreeze fumes is downright insulting.
    If that's insulting, what is being given "We've checked the car from top to bottom and there are no issues, and we couldn't duplicate the smell"


    Only to have the car stinking 10 miles later, and when you get home you find a decent oil leak in addition to the coolant issue?

    Lol.
    jblackburn likes this.
    '12 Cruze 1LT M6 - K&N Drop In, Intake Resonator Delete, Black Label Tuned - 162whp/186wtq @ 18.5psi

    '05 GSXR750 - Big ole turbo.

  4. #953
    Resident Tater Salad
    jblackburn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    6,711
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoon View Post
    If that's insulting, what is being given "We've checked the car from top to bottom and there are no issues, and we couldn't duplicate the smell"


    Only to have the car stinking 10 miles later, and when you get home you find a decent oil leak in addition to the coolant issue?

    Lol.
    I specifically asked for an oil change and software update to be done to our Toyota. I even printed out the TSB and took it in.

    They had the car from 10 AM - 5:30 PM. Picked it up just to find out they rotated the tires and the other services weren't "necessary".

    Boy, did they get an earful. I thought the GM dealers were bad, but that really pissed me off.

    Service departments are full of incompetent morons.

    XR, I hope this gets escalated up the chain of command. Put some of their engineers to good use.
    Last edited by jblackburn; 01-23-2013 at 04:04 PM.
    2012 Cruze 1LT 6M


  5. #954
    Resident Tater Salad
    jblackburn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    6,711
    FWIW, mine smells anywhere from 3/4-full heat.

    It was much worse yesterday when it was 12 degrees outside and finally got to full operating temp on the highway. Once around town, the temperature drops to below 190 and I can't smell it from inside the car anymore, but still on the highway.

    I fashioned a little vent tube of my own Monday, but it still doesn't really help alleviate the smell that's coming from the cap on mine.
    2012 Cruze 1LT 6M


  6. #955
    6th Gear
    Hoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,229
    my vent tube seem to make a problem little better, but its still clearly there. I'm going to recap the top like I did before with the vent tube in place, and see if I can force all of the vapor out from under the car.

    Hopefully XR can light some asses on fire at GM.
    Starks8 and jadedgamerx like this.
    '12 Cruze 1LT M6 - K&N Drop In, Intake Resonator Delete, Black Label Tuned - 162whp/186wtq @ 18.5psi

    '05 GSXR750 - Big ole turbo.

  7. #956
    1st Gear
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    277
    Imagine how much of an insult is it for GM to buy back a lemon 2012 Cruze with 32,000 miles and hand it's owner a check for thousands of dollars because they could not fix the coolant smell 16,000 miles ago. Can't wait to see them watch me walk to the dealer next store and drive off in a new Dart Limited.

  8. #957
    Administrator
    XtremeRevolution's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    SW Chicago Suburbs
    Posts
    11,085
    Quote Originally Posted by dby2011 View Post
    Imagine how much of an insult is it for GM to buy back a lemon 2012 Cruze with 32,000 miles and hand it's owner a check for thousands of dollars because they could not fix the coolant smell 16,000 miles ago. Can't wait to see them watch me walk to the dealer next store and drive off in a new Dart Limited.
    And the purpose of this post is?
    Sunline Fan likes this.
    Amsoil Products Info, Ordering, & CruzeTalk.com Discounts


    XtremeRevolution & Co. Mobile Audio Parts :: XtremeRevolution.net



    I pledge allegiance to the flag, of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands. One nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

  9. #958
    Learning about my Cruze
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by XtremeRevolution View Post
    And the purpose of this post is?
    I think to gloat. As in GM jerked him around figuring he would go away. Obviously not in a new Dodge though. Now, let me tell you what I know.

    I am being jerked around. I called GM on the 19th. Was bumped up to a district specialist who was calling me on the 21st "between noon and 9pm". They called me at 10:30 could not answer as I was at a funeral all morning. I called the specialist at 3pm and got voice mail. No return call. I call 800# on Tuesday around 4pm as I received no call. Was informed that they called at 2pm and left a message. They did not, was at home all afternoon. Was also told that today at 2pm was the "final attempt" to contact me. 4pm today I called them and was sent to another voice mail. Once again I received no call or message.

    It seems illogical that anyone would have faith in GM helping them with their antifreeze smell after all the b.s. they have put some of us through.
    steve333 and jblackburn like this.
    [URL=http://www.fuelly.com/driver/upstater/cruze][/URL

  10. #959
    Administrator
    XtremeRevolution's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    SW Chicago Suburbs
    Posts
    11,085
    Quote Originally Posted by upstater View Post
    I think to gloat. As in GM jerked him around figuring he would go away. Obviously not in a new Dodge though. Now, let me tell you what I know.

    I am being jerked around. I called GM on the 19th. Was bumped up to a district specialist who was calling me on the 21st "between noon and 9pm". They called me at 10:30 could not answer as I was at a funeral all morning. I called the specialist at 3pm and got voice mail. No return call. I call 800# on Tuesday around 4pm as I received no call. Was informed that they called at 2pm and left a message. They did not, was at home all afternoon. Was also told that today at 2pm was the "final attempt" to contact me. 4pm today I called them and was sent to another voice mail. Once again I received no call or message.

    It seems illogical that anyone would have faith in GM helping them with their antifreeze smell after all the b.s. they have put some of us through.
    What you're experiencing is not BS by any means. When you were busy calling them back, they were busy calling someone else and helping them with their problem. You're not their only customer and you have to remember that. You cannot and should not expect a response within 24 hours. The fact is that they are calling you and leaving you voice mails. Should you actually answer the phone next time they call, I can assure you that you will not be "jerked around." This is from personal experience.

    As for those with antifreeze smell issues, I cannot fathom why anyone would pick their car up from a dealership before actually verifying that the problem has been resolved. Refuse to take the car back until the issue is fixed while GM pays the bill on your rental car and you'll find out very quickly how hard GM will start trying to fix your car correctly.
    Amsoil Products Info, Ordering, & CruzeTalk.com Discounts


    XtremeRevolution & Co. Mobile Audio Parts :: XtremeRevolution.net



    I pledge allegiance to the flag, of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands. One nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

  11. #960
    Learning about my Cruze
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by XtremeRevolution View Post
    What you're experiencing is not BS by any means. When you were busy calling them back, they were busy calling someone else and helping them with their problem. You're not their only customer and you have to remember that. You cannot and should not expect a response within 24 hours. The fact is that they are calling you and leaving you voice mails. Should you actually answer the phone next time they call, I can assure you that you will not be "jerked around." This is from personal experience.

    As for those with antifreeze smell issues, I cannot fathom why anyone would pick their car up from a dealership before actually verifying that the problem has been resolved. Refuse to take the car back until the issue is fixed while GM pays the bill on your rental car and you'll find out very quickly how hard GM will start trying to fix your car correctly.
    Wow. You missed the point. They set the times to call me. They did not follow through. They called only once, before the agreed time. With your attitude sir, I am sure they would hire you on the spot.

    Aw, F it. No more typing for me. Back I go to dealer for third attempt (on paper). First repair was " just move to recirculate and your all set" which does not count.
    jblackburn likes this.
    [URL=http://www.fuelly.com/driver/upstater/cruze][/URL

  12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements
     

Page 96 of 109 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Gas smell on restart??
    By pianoman in forum General Discussion Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Yesterday, 10:40 AM
  2. Replies: 65
    Last Post: 03-28-2014, 01:46 PM
  3. oil smell at Idle
    By rcclockman in forum General Discussion Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 03-14-2014, 05:41 PM
  4. Antifreeze Smell in Cabin
    By herdiamond in forum Powertrain
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 01-29-2013, 11:50 PM
  5. Antifreeze Smell
    By Farmer Fran in forum Powertrain
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 01-15-2013, 09:29 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2