Water Pump Out!!!! - Page 8
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Water Pump Out!!!!

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by XtremeRevolution View Post
    Isnt the coolant more of an orange? I thought atf is red.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using AutoGuide App
    I think you're correct. In either case, orange or red is an immediate trip to the dealer. Green and blue (washer fluid) are the only leak colors that don't require an immediate trip to the dealership.

2012 ECO MT - Black Granite/Cloth; 814 mile range; Bluetooth Stereo AUX; OEM Fogs w/Chrome Covers; GM Spare tire; VG Shark Fin
    2010 Mit Lancer GT MT (traded for ECO @31K miles)
    2002 Pont Montana AWD (traded for 2012 LS @182K miles)
    1990 Pont Transport (traded for Montana @240K miles)
    1986 Fiero GT MT (traded for Transport)
    1985 Fiero 2M4 MT (traded for Fiero GT @8K miles)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

My fiance noticed a spot on my garage floor and told me about it. I was out of town the last few days and was able to finally get my car to the dealership that services it. They just sent me a text telling me "water pump starting to leak. Pump is ordered. Will install tomorrow AM"
    They also told me it was covered under the powertrain warranty.

this is the first mechanical issue I've had. I have just over 50k miles on my 2011 2LT.
    spacedout and obermd like this.

Learning about my Cruze
    My cruze LTZs water pump went out too huh I wonder if there's a problem with these cars

Driver's Ed
    Quote Originally Posted by upstater View Post
    Add me to the water pump failure list. 2011 LT2 with 20,100 miles. Built 2/11. Brought it in for the trunk release not working and the dreaded coolant smell with the heat temperature set on high. They laughed off the coolant reservoir vent repair and stated there have been a rash of water pump leaking complaints. Next thing I know there was a loaner just outside the waiting area with my name on it. Said my pump was leaking more than most.
    Interesting that my Eco - also built 2/11 - now with 22,000 miles - had a water pump failure this week.
    This comes on the heels of last month's transmission removal for repair (conv pump seal leak) .
    And 3 recalls previously.

I will say that Hare Chevrolet in Noblesville, Indiana is BY FAR the best store I've ever dealt with, they are super.
    But I really hadn't planned on being on a first name basis with the service writers, LOL.

Learning about my Cruze
    [QUOTE=nascarnation;160774]Interesting that my Eco - also built 2/11 - now with 22,000 miles - had a water pump failure this week.
    This comes on the heels of last month's transmission removal for repair (conv pump seal leak) .

I have also had the tranny out but it's still not right I think my service department is doing a great job as well GM on the other hand not so great now the engine knocks bad as well

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by nascarnation View Post
    Interesting that my Eco - also built 2/11 - now with 22,000 miles - had a water pump failure this week.

I will say that Hare Chevrolet in Noblesville, Indiana is BY FAR the best store I've ever dealt with, they are super.
    But I really hadn't planned on being on a first name basis with the service writers, LOL.
    It's not a bad thing to be on a first name basis with the service advisors and manager. You tend to get better service because you not just a phone number.

2012 ECO MT - Black Granite/Cloth; 814 mile range; Bluetooth Stereo AUX; OEM Fogs w/Chrome Covers; GM Spare tire; VG Shark Fin

Got my car back yesterday after the water pump was replaced. They brought it to where I work so I didn't even have to pick it up. Washed and fixed, all is well for now. Hopefully I don't have any issues going forward. I'm already itching for a new car, but I don't need one...might as well keep putting the miles on this one.

Administrator

What dealership? Let's give them some positive PR.

Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
    Quote Originally Posted by 98sonoma View Post
    Got my car back yesterday after the water pump was replaced. They brought it to where I work so I didn't even have to pick it up. Washed and fixed, all is well for now. Hopefully I don't have any issues going forward. I'm already itching for a new car, but I don't need one...might as well keep putting the miles on this one.

98sonoma,
    I am happy to hear that your dealer was able to get your concerns addressed for you. I am also happy to hear that they took good care of your car for you! If you ever have any questions, comments or concerns please feel free to contact me anytime.
    Thank you,
    Stacy Chevrolet Customer Service

Apple Chevrolet in tiny Covington, IN

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast