Water Pump Out!!!!
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Water Pump Out!!!!

Handbrake Released Caballero777's Avatar

Water Pump Out!!!!

Well I noticed several days ago that I had a small puddle of antifreeze in my garage. I was taking my Cruze LTZ RS in for an oil change only and told the service guy that I noticed the leak. He told me I had to make an appointment to have the car looked at.

Well today was the appointment and it was scheduled for 11:30am. On the way to work this morning(6:40am) the check engine light came on and then on the display it showed, "Turn AC Off, Engine Over Heating". I took 1 look at the needle and it started to head toward the "H". Pulled over right away and shut car off, called dealer and they towed my car in.

Just received a call from the dealership(11:00am), and they told me it was the Water Pump and it is Back Ordered for 2-10 days and they cannot tell me exactly when they will received it.

Anyway car is still under warranty and they gave me a rental till then.
    CHEVYCRUZE RS likes this.
    2011 CRYSTAL RED METTALIC LTZ WITH RS PACKAGE
    6000K HID HEAD AND FOG LIGHTS
    LED XENON WHITE(LICENSE PLATE, DOME, TRUNK)
    18" DOUBLE SPOKE HYPER SILVER WHEELS

2008 LEXUS ES350

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Duke of Oil

Where the stars and stripes and eagles fly.
    Sounds like a manufacturing defect. This is why warranties exist. I do believe you're the first one I've read about who's had a water pump fail.
    Amsoil Products Info, Ordering, & CruzeTalk.com Discounts

XtremeRevolution & Co. Mobile Audio Parts :: XtremeRevolution.net

"When freedom is at odds with government policy, one of two things eventually happens: Either freedom is crushed, or political leaders are forced out in disgrace and replaced with guardians of individual liberty."

"...the Supreme Court has ruled that the right to keep and bear arms exists independently of the Second Amendment...the Bill of Rights is a reminder to the government, not [an] authorization..."

Quote Originally Posted by XtremeRevolution View Post
    Sounds like a manufacturing defect. This is why warranties exist. I do believe you're the first one I've read about who's had a water pump fail.
    I was surprised also. I thought it might have been something simple, like a hose or hose connection somewhere....

2008 LEXUS ES350

There has been other failures of water pumps...

Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballero777 View Post
    Well I noticed several days ago that I had a small puddle of antifreeze in my garage. I was taking my Cruze LTZ RS in for an oil change only and told the service guy that I noticed the leak. He told me I had to make an appointment to have the car looked at.

Well today was the appointment and it was scheduled for 11:30am. On the way to work this morning(6:40am) the check engine light came on and then on the display it showed, "Turn AC Off, Engine Over Heating". I took 1 look at the needle and it started to head toward the "H". Pulled over right away and shut car off, called dealer and they towed my car in.

Just received a call from the dealership(11:00am), and they told me it was the Water Pump and it is Back Ordered for 2-10 days and they cannot tell me exactly when they will received it.

Anyway car is still under warranty and they gave me a rental till then.

Caballero777,
    I would like to apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused you. I would like you to keep me updated on this issue. If you have any questions, comments or concerns please feel free to contact me.
    Thank you,
    Stacy Chevrolet Customer Service

Driver's Ed
    Bought a 2011 LT. Water pump failed at 1,200 miles. Was part of a Service Release -
    Description: GM: ON SOME 2011 CRUZ MODELS THERE IS A SERVICE PROCEDURE FOR FIXING THE CONDITION WHERE THE THERMOSTAT STICKS IN THE OPEN POSITION. *RM UPDATED 6/7/11. *PE
    2011 Chevrolet Cruze TSBs (Technical Service Bulletins) | ChevroletProblems.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cruze_Ohio View Post
    Bought a 2011 LT. Water pump failed at 1,200 miles. Was part of a Service Release -
    Description: GM: ON SOME 2011 CRUZ MODELS THERE IS A SERVICE PROCEDURE FOR FIXING THE CONDITION WHERE THE THERMOSTAT STICKS IN THE OPEN POSITION. *RM UPDATED 6/7/11. *PE
    2011 Chevrolet Cruze TSBs (Technical Service Bulletins) | ChevroletProblems.com

Just got my car back yesterday and thank God that it did not take 2 weeks to get the water pump as the dealer told me because it was back ordered.

They also replaced the Thermostat.

Hopefully no more issues....
    gman19 and Patman like this.

2008 LEXUS ES350

Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballero777 View Post
    Just got my car back yesterday and thank God that it did not take 2 weeks to get the water pump as the dealer told me because it was back ordered.

They also replaced the Thermostat.

Hopefully no more issues....

Caballero777,
    That is great to hear!! Now it's time to go and enjoy your Cruze! If you have any other questions, comments or concerns please feel free to contact me.
    Thank you,
    Stacy Chevrolet Customer Service

Driver's Ed

Me Too!

2011 Cruze 1LT water pump also went out on mine. I noticed that the engine fans were running really heavy, even when I first started the engine. After I turned the car off, the would continue to run for a few minutes. I could hear them running continuously while driving also. No engine light and temperature gauge was where it always is on the left side of the middle line toward the cool side.

I have it serviced regularly, but I added some water and it fixed the fans from coming on. Thought that maybe the service place I took it to just never checked the radiator water like they were supposed to. 30 days later, I started getting the same behavior. I've not noticed any leakage. I took it to my dealer and they said I was out of warranty, but if it was an internal problem than it would be covered under the drive train warranty.

Service advisor called a few hours later and said it was the water pump and that they would cover it under warranty. He said that they were busy and it wouldn't be until the next day that I would get my car back. They did give me a rental, which was nice of them. I got a Chevy Aveo for a day and man it really made me appreciate my Cruze, the Aveo rides horribly and the trim of the car is straight out of the 80's.

So here's a list of the issues since the car was new:
    Heat blasting from below the center console since day 1 - fixed
    Several misc TSB services, including possible loose steering wheel - fixed
    Wind noise from cross winds while driving freeway speeds - some what fixed
    Rattle noise in dash - caused by hoses in engine compartment rattling - fixed myself by putting cardboard between the hoses.
    Brake squeak at about 12,000 miles - went into service dept. at dealer about 6 times for this. They turned the rotors, sent me home. It happened again. They wanted to replace rotors, but had none in stock, sent me home. They replaced the rotors, sent me home, it happened again. They replaced the pads, sent me home, it happened again. They replaced the calipers, sent me home, it happened again. Finally complained to BBB and corporate called me and worked with the dealer to get it fixed. Had something to do with a rattle from the brakes vibrating through the chasis thereby, I was hearing normal brake noise amplified through the chasis of the car.
    Waterpump as mention above - fixed.
    Still experiencing a hot hose or something near my right leg from the center console when my leg touches it while driving.

Now that I'm out of warranty, I'm scared for what is next.

Driver's Ed
    I had bought my car used with 29,000km on it.. shortly after I noticed the coolant was leaking took it in and the water pump needed replacement, they changed thermostat aswell. I had to wait an extra day because the waterpump didnt come with the gasket. I am no just over 38,000km and started hearing a grinding noise. took it into the dealer and yet again the waterpump is leaking. They are also replacing the belt tensioner this time too.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast