no power steering, stabilitrak, traction control, speedometer
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: no power steering, stabilitrak, traction control, speedometer

Driver's Ed

no power steering, stabilitrak, traction control, speedometer

While driving tonight the stabilitrack, and traction control light came on, dic saved service both, service power steering and the speedometer stayed pinned at the speed I was going. I pulled over twice turned the car on and off and none of the above went off and the speedometer did not change. So, I get home turn it off for 30 seconds and the car will not start, tried it about 5 times and than it finally did. Anyone have any clue what is going on?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Learning about my Cruze
    My guess is there's some sort of serious electrical panel issue. Likely there's something going on with the underhood electrical panel.

2012 Victory Red/Jet Black Cruze 2LT RS 1.4T 6M
    2004 Colorado LS ZQ8 3.5 I5 5M
    1970 Plymouth Duster 360/4M

Get your codes checked out by your dealer. When a moderate/serious failure occurs, your car will disable ABS, Stabilitrak, Traction instantly. As for the other disables, I don't know, maybe a critter got to your underhood wires.
    2012 Cruze RS-T 6M
    Performance
    - Tuned for E85 @ 24psi, 440cc Bosch Injectors, Spec Stage 3 Clutch, CXRacing FMIC, ZZP Down and Catted Midpipe, Forge BOV, K&N Typhoon SRI, Custom Magnaflow Catback, Big 3 Ground Kit, Mobil 1 Oil, RP 75w90 Trans Fluid.
    Exterior - Plastidip Wheels, Stripes, Rear Chrome, RS badge relocation

210hp/270tq on E85.
    OnlyTaurus's Build Thread

November 2012 Cruze Of The Month
    March 2013 Member Of The Month

I'm Building the Very First... Cruze SS!

ECU or EBCM problem. I had the same thing happen to my car, without the speedometer issue though. Turns out it was as faulty EBCM module and had to be replaced... twice....

Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
    Quote Originally Posted by rich2173 View Post
    While driving tonight the stabilitrack, and traction control light came on, dic saved service both, service power steering and the speedometer stayed pinned at the speed I was going. I pulled over twice turned the car on and off and none of the above went off and the speedometer did not change. So, I get home turn it off for 30 seconds and the car will not start, tried it about 5 times and than it finally did. Anyone have any clue what is going on?

rich2173,
    I would suggest that you take your Cruze into your dealership and have them look into this for you. If you would like I can contact your dealer and schedule an appointment for you. If you would like me to do so please send me a PM with your name, phone number and VIN. Please keep me posted on this issue. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.
    Thank you,
    Stacy Chevrolet Customer Service

Driver's Ed

Same issue -- three times!

I have same issue - this is the third time now - and my car only has 3900 miles on it. The first time I took it in they said a sensor had corrosion... really? With less than 1000 miles on it? Second time it happened it only happened for about 10-15 minutes but didn't take car in. Well today same issue but warning haven't turned off ... taking it in again this evening and not looking forward to the same BS I am sure I will receive. And to think, how awesome, I haven't even made my first payment. I bought this as a third reliable vehicle to just drive back and forth to work and for running family errands so we do not put a ton of miles on our luxury vehicles. The dealership's solution for my inconvenience was to give me a new Cadillac for a rental since the top of the model Cruze was not available... really?! How ridiculous... No one ever called me or anything other than to want me to rate them a 5. Not going to happen. The dealership has been less than accomodating and no one seems to really care. Thanks Bill Jacobs of Joliet.

Quote Originally Posted by IrritatedCruzeDriver View Post
    I have same issue - this is the third time now - and my car only has 3900 miles on it. The first time I took it in they said a sensor had corrosion... really? With less than 1000 miles on it? Second time it happened it only happened for about 10-15 minutes but didn't take car in. Well today same issue but warning haven't turned off ... taking it in again this evening and not looking forward to the same BS I am sure I will receive. And to think, how awesome, I haven't even made my first payment. I bought this as a third reliable vehicle to just drive back and forth to work and for running family errands so we do not put a ton of miles on our luxury vehicles. The dealership's solution for my inconvenience was to give me a new Cadillac for a rental since the top of the model Cruze was not available... really?! How ridiculous... No one ever called me or anything other than to want me to rate them a 5. Not going to happen. The dealership has been less than accomodating and no one seems to really care. Thanks Bill Jacobs of Joliet.

I would like to apologize for the issues that you have experienced with your vehicle. I understand your concern as well as frustration with this issue. I would like to look into this further for you. Can you please send me a PM with your name, address, phone number, VIN, current mileage and the name of your dealership? I look forward to hearing back from you.
    Thank you,
    Stacy Chevrolet Customer Service

Driver's Ed

Angry Almost the same issue

I am the owner of a pre-owned 2012 Cruze LT without 18,000 kms.
    I have been experiencing some similar issues. After starting the car and putting it into drive, I went about 20 feet and the car seemed liked it stalled or came close to stalling. I lost power steering, radio went off and service stability track message displayed on the DIC. This all lasted only for about a second or two then the car went back to normal. I stopped the car and put it into park. All seemed fine so I put it into drive, still with brake applied and it all happened again but the car never actually stalled. Put back into park and waited about 30 seconds, put it back in drive and all was fine. Until I pulled into a drive through to order lunch and it all happened again and I almost ended up driving threw the menu.
    I took it to my dealer and of course they couldn't replicate the problem. Nothing showed up on any of their computers. Test drive after test drive they couldn't find anything. I am now scared to death to drive this car and even more scared to let my son drive it.

has anyone else experience this type of issue?
    Last edited by Leonard2012; 03-07-2013 at 06:42 PM.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by IrritatedCruzeDriver View Post
    Find a different dealership immediately. The fact that they haven't found a problem this serious in two previous tries tells me the chances of them finding the problem on the third try are somewhere between fat and slim chance.

2012 ECO MT - Black Granite/Cloth; 814 mile range; Bluetooth Stereo AUX; OEM Fogs w/Chrome Covers; GM Spare tire; VG Shark Fin
    2010 Mit Lancer GT MT (traded for ECO @31K miles)
    2002 Pont Montana AWD (traded for 2012 LS @182K miles)
    1990 Pont Transport (traded for Montana @240K miles)
    1986 Fiero GT MT (traded for Transport - needed more seats)
    1985 Fiero 2M4 MT (traded for Fiero GT @8K miles)

Quote Originally Posted by Leonard2012 View Post
    I am the owner of a pre-owned 2012 Cruze LT without 18,000 kms.
    I have been experiencing some similar issues. After starting the car and putting it into drive, I went about 20 feet and the car seemed liked it stalled or came close to stalling. I lost power steering, radio went off and service stability track message displayed on the DIC. This all lasted only for about a second or two then the car went back to normal. I stopped the car and put it into park. All seemed fine so I put it into drive, still with brake applied and it all happened again but the car never actually stalled. Put back into park and waited about 30 seconds, put it back in drive and all was fine. Until I pulled into a drive through to order lunch and it all happened again and I almost ended up driving threw the menu.
    I took it to my dealer and of course they couldn't replicate the problem. Nothing showed up on any of their computers. Test drive after test drive they couldn't find anything. I am now scared to death to drive this car and even more scared to let my son drive it.

has anyone else experience this type of issue?
    I am very sorry to hear that you're having these same concerns with your vehicle and that it has caused you to feel unsafe. I notice in your post that you mention Kilometers. Are you located outside the U.S.? I just want to be sure that I direct you to the appropriate directory for any assistance you may need.

Ashley (assisting Stacy)
    Chevy Customer Service

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast