Car jumping while in drive and stopped
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Car jumping while in drive and stopped

Handbrake Released

Car jumping while in drive and stopped

So this has only happened twice and not for a while but I'm kind of curious. Twice now I've been in drive with the brakes on and my car will start to jump like a manual is about to stall. (Automatic) To fix the problem I throw it into park and back into drive. Any ideas on what it could be and if its serious?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Off-Road Champion
    What year and model is it? Have you had it in for any software refreshes?
    2013 Crystal Black Pearl Civic EX-L Sedan w/Nav: K&N Drop In
    14,000 Mi., Avg. MPG: 34 City; 45 Hiway; 87 E10; ECON On
    22 months old, not a single problem, issue, or recall.

I went out to find myself. If I return before I get back, have me wait for me.

I'm not apathetic, I'm just too old to matter anymore.
    41,468 August '14 YTD

How fast are you going when you apply the brakes? How hard are you applying the brakes? What is the road surface when you apply the brakes?

Or are you stopped, like at a stop light/sign and the car begins to idle rough? What do you mean jumping? To me, that indicates the car is leaving the ground repeatedly. Is that the case?
    2011 LTZ

Driver's Ed
    I'm having the same issue on my 2012 LT. It happenes when I'm stopped or just rolling (no gas), runs rough as if it's about to stall. Dropping it off tonight at the dealership and I'm back in a rental... AGAIN!

Just had the struts replaced in March, alignment fixed and rotors machined in May, not even @12,000 kms! Really?!?!?!

I've had too many problems on this BUY BACK!!

Handbrake Released
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    How fast are you going when you apply the brakes? How hard are you applying the brakes? What is the road surface when you apply the brakes?

Or are you stopped, like at a stop light/sign and the car begins to idle rough? What do you mean jumping? To me, that indicates the car is leaving the ground repeatedly. Is that the case?
    Guess I could have put more details. I'm talking like stopped at a light. It just starts rocking similar to how a standard feels when its about to stall.

Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightz39 View Post
    So this has only happened twice and not for a while but I'm kind of curious. Twice now I've been in drive with the brakes on and my car will start to jump like a manual is about to stall. (Automatic) To fix the problem I throw it into park and back into drive. Any ideas on what it could be and if its serious?

Lightz39,
    I would suggest that you contact your local dealership and have them look into this for you. If you would like me to contact your dealer and set up an appointment for you please send me a PM with your name, phone number, VIN, dealer and the days and times that you are available. Either way, please keep me posted. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me anytime.
    Thank you,
    Stacy Chevrolet Customer Service

Does it do it with the AC on and off or just on? May people have noticed the AC compressor "vibrates" sometimes when it cycles on for a while. My car does it too. Of course, I can't say for sure what yours is doing. My keyboard can only check spark timing, not driveability concerns.
    2011 LTZ

If it does it with the AC on, there is a sensor that increases the idle when the AC is turned on so the engine does not stall under the added load of the AC compressor. It is possible there is a problem with the sensor that adjusts the idle when the AC kicks on. On old carburated cars
    the sensor advanced the throttle a little more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    Does it do it with the AC on and off or just on? May people have noticed the AC compressor "vibrates" sometimes when it cycles on for a while. My car does it too. Of course, I can't say for sure what yours is doing. My keyboard can only check spark timing, not driveability concerns.

Sounds like the torque converter may be binding.

Quote Originally Posted by Patman View Post
    If it does it with the AC on, there is a sensor that increases the idle when the AC is turned on so the engine does not stall under the added load of the AC compressor. It is possible there is a problem with the sensor that adjusts the idle when the AC kicks on. On old carburated cars
    the sensor advanced the throttle a little more.
    well, these days, that sensor is the ECU itself, and all it does it open the throttle blade a bit more to add a few grams of airflow. ;-)
    2011 LTZ

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast