Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Driving with No Shocks, I'm Shocked

3K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  Colt45 
#1 ·
Thank god the Mouse Ears they use these days don't look like an old Flintstones Drive In Movie speaker. They actually looked like that until the 80s! The Mouse Ears are probably wireless, broadcast on the Radio? I'm not sure but I think my CRUZE has problems. Currently they are driving it with no rear shocks trying to find the pop they now hear from both corners. I was claiming all 4, its a start. Does any other CRUZE POP? I mean it is loud, nasty sounding, and sounds like a bad Shock. I haven't had Shock problems in 30 years so I forgot what it sounds like?

#2 ·
Nah It's just the NUT behind the wheel .

Reactions: jblackburn
#4 ·
Good thing I'M going to be on Vacation .

#7 ·
Eddy, I thought you'd be shockless by now. :)

Hopefully they find the noise and fix it.

#8 ·
Thank you very much. By the time the rental car is returned it will be at least a week after the Holiday Weekend. I'm ok but I'm a little concerned. I'm not sure every problem can always be fixed at the dealer level. With that said I feel I'm in good hands, I like this shop!

#9 ·
I have had a minor popping sound in the rear of my car, even though my coilovers and suspension is looked over often, I thought there was something loose from day one. Never asked the dealer because I really don't have time for the dealer games. As of now, everything is tight, rods, spring, perches etc... it might be some metal to metal contact. I usually hear it only when my suspension is hard flexxxxxing, other then that feels solid.

#10 ·
When you say flexing are you speaking bouncing up and down or tilting? The Pop only happens with the up and down movement, and my front left arm after the front left axle work just makes noise while tilting. My guys are concerned. Of course when you complain of a noise at all 4 corners they give you that evil eye look. We are able to duplicate the loud pop noise in the rear at the entrance to their shop. I was not too compelling with my front control arm and or bushing argument at least for now. Plus I understand lower arms are harder to work on than upper arms which we don't have. Again they only get paid 33% on the dollar for our warranty concerns, thus a reason for Dealer games. Warranty work can put them out of business?

#11 ·
Here I thought Trevor was the only one with some sort of flex issues. Sup Ed...wait for it to flex...dy!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.