CHECK ENGINE LIGHT INDICATOR turns on Cruze 2011/2012
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Thread: CHECK ENGINE LIGHT INDICATOR turns on Cruze 2011/2012

Driver's Ed

CHECK ENGINE LIGHT INDICATOR turns on Cruze 2011/2012

Please respond if you area having problems with your check engine light

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Off-Road Champion
    ???

What problems do you speak of?
    2012 Cruze RS-T 6M
    Performance
    - Tuned for E85 @ 24psi, 440cc Bosch Injectors, Spec Stage 3 Clutch, CXRacing FMIC, ZZP Down and Catted Midpipe, Forge BOV, K&N Typhoon SRI, Custom Magnaflow Catback, Big 3 Ground Kit, Mobil 1 Oil, RP 75w90 Trans Fluid.
    Exterior - Plastidip Wheels, Stripes, Rear Chrome, RS badge relocation

210hp/270tq on E85.
    OnlyTaurus's Build Thread

November 2012 Cruze Of The Month
    March 2013 Member Of The Month

I'm Building the Very First... Cruze SS!

Driver's Ed
    Hi,

I am having a similiar problem with my Cruze 2011. In my case the Check Engine Light has turned 5 times after recall 12081 (removal of section of bottom engine shield or belly pan). The 5 times that this situation has occurred is when it is or has rained. I am very sure that the water that is now getting into the engine compartment (because of recall 12081) is what is causing the check engine light to turn on. The car's manual does state that moistue/ water is a probable cause.

Did you have recal 12081 performed and by any chance was it raining when the check engine indicator went on? Please let me know.

Thanks,
    Nelly

Quote Originally Posted by Cruz View Post
    Hi,

I am having a similiar problem with my Cruze 2011. In my case the Check Engine Light has turned 5 times after recall 12081 (removal of section of bottom engine shield or belly pan). The 5 times that this situation has occurred is when it is or has rained. I am very sure that the water that is now getting into the engine compartment (because of recall 12081) is what is causing the check engine light to turn on. The car's manual does state that moistue/ water is a probable cause.

Did you have recal 12081 performed and by any chance was it raining when the check engine indicator went on? Please let me know.

Thanks,
    Nelly
    Can't tell if trolling...

If not, best place to start is your dealer

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1.4t - 35% tint, K&N Intake & Black Bowties.

Same deal for me rain no sheild = CEL
    It goes away but pops up intermittent
    Sent from my MB886 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Off-Road Champion
    Once on start up. This was following a 180 mile trip the evening before. Recall for splash sheild has not been done. I happened to have a code reader in my glove box and it indicated bank 1 lean. Cleared the code and have driven 200+ miles since and no recurrence yet.

Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruz View Post
    Hi,

Thanks,
    Nelly
    Nelly,
    I would suggest that you take your Cruze into your dealer to have them look into this for you. They are in the best position to get this issue taken care of for you. Please keep me posted on this. If you have any questions, comments or concerns please feel free to contact me anytime.
    Thank you,
    Stacy Chevrolet Customer Service

BOOOOST!
    Go to Autozone....get the code read and tell us what it is.

Driver's Ed
    I have the exact same thing, drove my cruze for 36,000 miles with no issues. got the recall done they cut of most of the shield, now when it rains my check engine light comes on, this last rain, now the radiator fan comes on full power as soon as I start my car. have an appointment with Connell Cheverolet on Monday, we'll see what they say...

Driver's Ed
    I have this issue. I did have the recall done but my check engine light just started coming on at 38560 miles less than 2000 miles out of warranty. Rain does not appear to be a factor here, although humidity is high. Code is P0171 fuel system running extremely lean.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements