Low to no heat winter is coming!!!! - Page 2
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Low to no heat winter is coming!!!!

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTopaz View Post
    It should be under powertrain warranty. At least it was in our 2008 Acadia. The dealer replaced it with no issues. Funny thing was that the water pump went out a day later. Go figure.
    Doesn't surprise me your water pump went out as well. I suspect an open thermostat puts a lot of excessive load on the water pump and a bad water pump will cause the thermostat to do strange things.

2012 ECO MT - Black Granite/Cloth; 814 mile range; Bluetooth Stereo AUX; OEM Fogs w/Chrome Covers; GM Spare tire; VG Shark Fin
    2010 Mit Lancer GT MT (traded for ECO @31K miles)
    2002 Pont Montana AWD (traded for 2012 LS @182K miles)
    1990 Pont Transport (traded for Montana @240K miles)
    1986 Fiero GT MT (traded for Transport)
    1985 Fiero 2M4 MT (traded for Fiero GT @8K miles)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Handbrake Released
    This morning I had heat. So I dont get it. Also since this is an electric thermostat shouldn't this set off a check engine light if it was stuck open? i know there is a tsb for it. But it seems to be working again. odd

Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
    Quote Originally Posted by unitednations161 View Post
    This morning I had heat. So I dont get it. Also since this is an electric thermostat shouldn't this set off a check engine light if it was stuck open? i know there is a tsb for it. But it seems to be working again. odd

unitednations16,
    If you experience this issue again I would suggest that you take your Cruze into your dealer to have them look into this for you. They will be in the best position to get this issue diagnosed for you. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me anytime.
    Thank you,
    Stacy Chevrolet Customer Service

Off-Road Champion
    Thermostat is covered under Powertrain.
    2012 Cruze RS-T 6M
    Performance
    - Tuned for E85 @ 24psi, 440cc Bosch Injectors, Spec Stage 3 Clutch, CXRacing FMIC, ZZP Down and Catted Midpipe, Forge BOV, K&N Typhoon SRI, Custom Magnaflow Catback, Big 3 Ground Kit, Mobil 1 Oil, RP 75w90 Trans Fluid.
    Exterior - Plastidip Wheels, Stripes, Rear Chrome, RS badge relocation

210hp/270tq on E85.
    OnlyTaurus's Build Thread

November 2012 Cruze Of The Month
    March 2013 Member Of The Month

I'm Building the Very First... Cruze SS!

If anything the heat in my car is working too well.

'12 Cruze Eco 6M Topaz Blue

Handbrake Released
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
    If anything the heat in my car is working too well.
    yeah last year it was hotter then **** in my car. This winter it is on then off then on then off.

Handbrake Released
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevy Customer Service View Post
    unitednations16,
    If you experience this issue again I would suggest that you take your Cruze into your dealer to have them look into this for you. They will be in the best position to get this issue diagnosed for you. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me anytime.
    Thank you,

Yeah I know but I DO NOT WANT TO SPEND ANY MONEY ON A NEW CAR THAT THE HEAT WAS USED ONLY ONE WINTER. if this is out of warranty. Ill be so mad ill trade it in for something else.

Resident Tater Salad
    ? It's a thermostat and you put a ton of miles on your car already. You're going to trade it over a MINOR repair like that that you could easily do yourself???

That makes no sense but ok.
    Last edited by jblackburn; 11-20-2012 at 12:52 PM.
    2012 Cruze 1LT 6M

Handbrake Released
    The TSB says That it needs a computer flash that a dealer has to do. Plus they said it should of set off the engine light in which it didn't. Yes I can replace a thermostat if thats the problem, is a electric thermostat the same as an old wax one? and a ton of miles? 40,000 isnt a ton of miles. LOL. my 84 AMC eagle has a TON of miles. Not my cruze.

Well when your 2011 cruze has already had the transmission replaced and now no heat. and my 84 amc eagle runs great, it kind of makes a person mad. Right?
    Last edited by unitednations161; 11-20-2012 at 01:03 PM.

Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
    Quote Originally Posted by unitednations161 View Post
    Yeah I know but I DO NOT WANT TO SPEND ANY MONEY ON A NEW CAR THAT THE HEAT WAS USED ONLY ONE WINTER. if this is out of warranty. Ill be so mad ill trade it in for something else.

unitednations161,
    I do understand your concerns with this. The only way to determine if your repairs are going to be covered under your warranty is to visit your dealer. I am sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause you. Please keep me posted on the progress with your dealer. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me anytime.
    Thank you,

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast