Water Leak
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Water Leak

Driver's Ed

Water Leak

2011 Cruze Eco and I just had to add to the overflow. Took almost a half gallon. A little concerning since the car is only 1.5 years old. I looked and could not find any visible leaks but am not able to get the car in the air since we are 500 miles from home. I need to change the oil next week and I'll look under it then. If memory serves the water pump is only covered for the first 36000 miles? Ours has 61000 on it right now. If it's the water pump are there any how to bulletins? I will do it myself before paying a dealer.

Thanks in advance.....

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

World Rally Champion
    There's "Good News" for you, the water-pump is actually covered under the 100K-mile "Powertrain Warranty" not the 36K-mile "Bumper-to-Bumper" Warranty:

"Powertrain Coverage
    In addition to the 3-year/36,000 mile protection, many of your powertrain components are protected even further with coverage extending to 5 years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first.

Engine
    Engine coverage includes all internally lubricated parts, engine oil cooling hoses, and lines. Also included are all actuators and electrical components internal to the engine (e.g., Active Fuel Management valve, lifter and oil manifold) cylinder head, block, timing gears, timing chain, timing cover, oil pump/oil pump housing, OHC carriers, valve covers, oil pan, seals, gaskets, manifolds, flywheel, water pump, harmonic balancer, engine mount, turbocharger, and supercharger. Timing belts are covered until the first scheduled maintenance interval. Exclusions: Excluded from the powertrain coverage are sensors, wiring, connectors, engine radiator, coolant hoses, coolant, and heater core. Coverage on the engine cooling system begins at the inlet to the water pump and ends with the thermostat housing and/or outlet that attaches to the return hose. Also excluded is the starter motor, entire pressurized fuel system (in-tank fuel pump, pressure lines, fuel rail(s), regulator, injectors, and return line), as well as the Engine/ Powertrain Control Module and/or module programming.

- For trucks equipped with a 6.6L Duramax diesel engine, the diesel engine, except those items listed under “What Is Not Covered” later in this section, is covered for 5 years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first."

• source: http://www.chevrolet.com/owners/warranty.html
    Last edited by 70AARCUDA; 11-21-2012 at 11:12 PM.
    gt_cristian likes this.
    2011 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 1.4LT 6A
    2009 Pontiac Vibe 1.8L/SFI 4A
    2004 Pontiac Vibe 1.8L/MFI 4A

1971 Dodge Charger 318 3A
    1970 Plymouth AAR 'Cuda 340/6BBL 4M
    1968 Dodge Charger 383 3A
    1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula-S 383 4M
    1965 Plymouth Barracuda Formula-S 273 4M

Driver's Ed
    I have noticed the same problem with my 2011 LT. I have owned mine since march of this year and have filled the overflow twice. No visible leaks and no coolant smell. Would like to see if anyone else having a similar problem and what the dealers have done to correct if anything.

Driver's Ed
    That is very good to hear. It needs to go in for the last 2 recalls so I'll let them deal with it. Wife can use my Mariner a day or 2.

Driver's Ed
    Djc83 - I will post what the dealership says.

Administrator

My ECO has florescent dye in my coolant right now. I dropped about an inch in 4,000 miles of driving. Waiting for it to drop enough to be able to hunt down the leak.

2012 ECO MT - Black Granite/Cloth; 814 mile range; Bluetooth Stereo AUX; OEM Fogs w/Chrome Covers; GM Spare tire; VG Shark Fin
    2010 Mit Lancer GT MT (traded for ECO @31K miles)
    2002 Pont Montana AWD (traded for 2012 LS @182K miles)
    1990 Pont Transport (traded for Montana @240K miles)
    1986 Fiero GT MT (traded for Transport)
    1985 Fiero 2M4 MT (traded for Fiero GT @8K miles)

Driver's Ed
    This is my wife's commuter. It goes 120 miles a day if she only goes to work and back. Don't want her having troubles and I don't want to have to work on something this new.
    2011 Cruze Eco
    2006 Mercury Mariner
    1993 FS Chevy Blazer
    1984 Chevy Monte Carlo

Administrator
    GM is aware that Cruzes were shipped with defective water pumps and are working on the problem. I'm in direct contact with two people from GM powertrain regarding this issue and will create a new thread as soon as I get some information.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using AutoGuide App
    Amsoil Products Info, Ordering, & CruzeTalk.com Discounts

XtremeRevolution & Co. Mobile Audio Parts :: XtremeRevolution.net

I pledge allegiance to the flag, of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands. One nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

I noticed mine was getting low when I changed the oil last weekend. I need to get some of the proper coolant to put in there. I better not have to take this thing back to the dealer again.
    Jon-
    "You say the strangest things" -jblackburn
    2012 Cruze LTZ EcoRS 1.4L 6A, Autumn Metallic with Cocoa/Light Neutral, Built 2/23/2012 at Lordstown 19078!
    Trifecta, shiny Injen, Forge Atmo BOV, Collins Big 3, Homelink, RS/Turbo badges, Huskys, Curt hitch, LTZ Grill, Korean sunglasses holder, ZZP gauge pod & down/mid pipes
    2005 Ford Excursion Limited V10, soon a 7.3 PSD. 2007 Sunline Solaris T-286SR.

Learning about my Cruze
    Its probably the water pump. I just had mine replaced at 22k.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast