Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Whats your MPG? Please share..Miles Per Gallon

22K views 107 replies 46 participants last post by  Cruzerdude 
#1 · (Edited)
This thread is to see and compare everyone's Miles Per Gallon 1.4 Turbo. Please share...

1- MPG

2- Speed Average(Also on odometer)

3- Auto or manual

#46 ·
MPG - 36.6
Average MPH - 42.0
Highway/City - 90/10

I'm lazy and I didn't feel like looking up how to embedded my FUELLY profile in my signature. How do you do that? I tried copying and pasting the link, didn't appear to work, beyond that I didn't feel like fooling with it.

#57 ·
I track two different long term averages. One from the very first tank (I assume the tank was "full") and one from the first time I fill the tank. My second number always tracks my Fuelly lifetime average and is always slightly higher than the first tank assumption.

#60 ·
Fuelly does round up, I have a spreadsheet and my mileage is 35.5 over the same mileage as fuelly. I have had months where I could not get the spreadsheet to match, thinking there was an error and checking my numbers 4X times realized there was some up rounding going on. Every single month I see this difference now.

Sure that's only 0.1MPG off, but its still off(high).

#63 ·
FUELLY doesn't match what I have on my trip odometer

#64 ·
That's because the trip odometer is optimistic for the LT. Most of us see 5-10% optimism.

#65 ·
On my 4th fill-up. When I got to the BP station, they were out of 87 and 89. I was going to fill-up with 89. All they had left was 93. So I filled up with 93. It was 2.89 a gallon. Just a month ago I was paying more than for 87. This is my second fill-up at a "top tier" gas station. I will see if the car pulls any harder with 93. It should.

#66 ·
Going from 87 to 93 in my car is a major difference. Pulls so much tougher and seems like it doesnt run out of breath as quick either....maybe it's just me though.

#70 ·
I ran my car dry then filled up and today, I noticed a difference. The car pulls harder. I'm going to try and find a top tier station that sells 91 in my area. If I do, I will try it out as well.

#71 ·
Here is the fuelly info from my main page....

over the last 53,000 miles I am getting exactly the advertised MPG. 35.8mpg. (According to Fuelly)

That is based on a 19/81 city/hignway mileage split (average) - me not hypermiling, but driving the speed limit and using the cruise control almost all the time.

Car is a 2012 2LT Cruze with automatic in stock condition. If it matters I typically use 89octane fuel (mileage is a little better than with 87 and car seems to run slightly better making the $0.15/gal hit worth it to me). I use Mobil 1 5w-30 EP and change it when told by the car (typically around 9,500-10,000 miles)

#77 ·
Even LRR tires are not all the same. I think I've lost about 2 MPG with the Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus LRR tires relative to the Goodyear FuelMax Assurance.

#79 ·
This summer I tried to keep a tank of gas above 50 MPG like I had to when I did my 814 mile tank. Nothing doing - the best I was able to get was 47+. Don't get me wrong - the Perelli's are a good tire but I'm going back to the FuelMax Assurance when these wear out.

#81 · (Edited)
2012 Chevrolet Cruze LS with 6-speed M32 Manual Transmission

Point of Assembly: Lordstown, OH, USA
Build Date: September 2011
Motor: Germany
Transmission: Austria

Lifetime Mileage: 7,510 miles
Lifetime Average Speed: 23.4 mph
Driving Environment: 85-90 percent City; 10-15 percent Highway
Composite Lifetime Average Fuel Efficiency: 33.8 mpg
Best Highway Average Fuel Efficiency: 44.6 mpg

Reactions: AZ007
#82 ·

2012 Chevrolet Cruze LS with 6-speed M32 Manual Transmission

Point of Assembly: Lordstown, OH, USA
Build Date: September 2011
Motor: Germany
Transmission: Austria

Lifetime Mileage: 7,510 miles
Lifetime Average Speed: 23.4 mph
Driving Environment: 85-90 percent City; 10-15 percent Highway
Composite Lifetime Average Fuel Efficiency: 33.8 mpg
Best Average Highway Fuel Efficiency: 44.6 mpg
Impressive lifetime average given your city/highway split.

#83 ·
Best I ever saw was 47.1 MPG over a 99.2 mile stretch, with an average speed of 57.6 MPH. It was almost 100% highway. Normally I see around 30-33 in my 60/40 mix of city/highway. I have a 2014 2LT manual, almost 28k on the odo.

#86 ·
'14 LT MT
Best tank. In Metric and U.S. 80% hwy 20% city
Auto part Vehicle Car Odometer Speedometer
Car Vehicle Gauge Auto part Speedometer

My overall since getting the car, again in metric and U.S. ( I filled up and reset the trip meter immediately on picking it up.)

Car Vehicle Gauge Auto part Speedometer
Vehicle Car Gauge Speedometer Auto part

I am leaving on a road trip on Tues that will most likely extend my single tank range and improve tank best mileage significantly.

#87 ·
2011 ECO 6MT
86,700 miles
70hwy/30 city

last tank: 39.30 MPG
since I have owned it from 68600 miles: 37.3 MPG

#89 ·
Tanks are getting better and better. Last tank was 87 octane at 51.#. Currently running shell nitro I think it's 93. Don't have a recent pic. 300 miles at 60.5 mpg on DIC. Average speed 33 mph. Will go to Mobil version to let it Automatically resize pic I do have. Hypermiling a bit, but no more than I did the last tank with 87.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.