Chevy Cruze MPG : Real Life experiences
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 1 of 49 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Chevy Cruze MPG : Real Life experiences

Driver's Ed

Chevy Cruze MPG : Real Life experiences

OK so I have found my Cruze to get really really good MPG... I think even better than the EPA rating (what is EPA rating by the way?) .... I drive it a bit like a Grandma though because i'm still breaking it in.....

What are you guys getting "real life" MPG on your Cruze? Also state manual or auto transmission

I'm Auto

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Driver's Ed
    Quote Originally Posted by cruze4me View Post
    OK so I have found my Cruze to get really really good MPG... I think even better than the EPA rating (what is EPA rating by the way?) .... I drive it a bit like a Grandma though because i'm still breaking it in.....

What are you guys getting "real life" MPG on your Cruze? Also state manual or auto transmission

I'm Auto
    if it is like most new chevys it will take to about 3K to 5K miles before you start getting the max MPG.

Handbrake Released
    Quote Originally Posted by motorman View Post
    if it is like most new chevys it will take to about 3K to 5K miles before you start getting the max MPG.
    Any particular reason why it takes 3k to 5k miles before max MPG is achieved? Is it because the engine is still in its break-in period?

Learning about my Cruze
    Suspect he is referring to engine break in but I still think you should be getting good gas mileage right off the first tank.

Road tested a Cruze yesterday with a 1.4 turbo and got 41.1 highway mpg at 60 mph for 16.7 miles. Then drove it 8 miles of non highway roads and it dropped to 36.6 mpg. I was not doing any heavy acceleration but I wasn't hypermiling either.
    Some things I know, some things I don't
    Current Rides:

2010 Chevrolet Malibu
    2011 Equinox
    2012 Cruze LT
    2013 Cruze RS

Just picked up my Cruze so have yet to go through even the first tank of gas. Will report back once I get through it and a few more tanks and see what kind of numbers I get.

Handbrake Released
    Quote Originally Posted by ChevyMgr View Post
    Road tested a Cruze yesterday with a 1.4 turbo and got 41.1 highway mpg at 60 mph for 16.7 miles. Then drove it 8 miles of non highway roads and it dropped to 36.6 mpg. I was not doing any heavy acceleration but I wasn't hypermiling either.
    That's really good mileage. The Cruze ECO is supposed to get 40 mpg and you drove the turbo and was able to get those mileage. Were you doing any spirited driving or just regular driving?

Handbrake Released
    the one i test drove was a turbo also i drove it for 10 miles or so at 55 mph it was getting 42 miles per gal it was like 70 degrees no wind either so i can see this car beating whaat the window sticker says heck i had an 06 cobalt if i drove it 55 -60 would get 32 37 mpg i aslo noted winter blend gas would cut the mileage down by several mpgs too as would cold weather . it will be interesting to see how the cruze will do

Handbrake Released
    I agree most Chevy's, or any modern American vehicle for that matter, take about 3-5K miles to get optimum mileage. I'm at 1100 on my Cruze and I'm seeing 37 hwy and 33-35 average. Not bad. My Cobalt started in the 20s and slowly climbed. I think 40 hwy is very possible with the Cruze (1.4 turbo by the way).

Learning about my Cruze
    My last tank was 80% highway and I got 30mpg.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 49 12311 ... LastLast