Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Replace These 5 Parts for Better Mileage

5K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Avocando 
#1 ·

A look at 5 parts that could be making your car or truck thirsty

Millions of drivers waste fuel needlessly every day, without even realizing it. Whether by carrying around extra weight or running a vehicle that’s in need of maintenance, bad fuel mileage often creeps up slowly – swilling away your hard-earned money, and contributing to excessive emissions. If you don’t monitor your vehicle’s fuel consumption regularly, increased fuel consumption can be even harder to detect.

Is your ride running at maximum efficiency, or is it wasting your money and polluting needlessly? If you’re not sure, here’s a look at four parts that can be easily replaced and one that should be removed when not in use, as a starting point, to help ensure your car, SUV or pickup isn’t drinking more than its fair share of fuel.
Read more about Replace These 5 Parts for Better Mileage.

See less See more
#3 ·
And the number one item to improve your fuel economy - remove the lead from your right foot!

#8 ·
I kinda question the first one - air filter. That was true in the days of carbureted cars as it could affect the air/fuel ratio. I know my '67's MPG would take a dive when the filter got dirty. But I'm not sure as that's true for modern computerized cars that measure actual air flow.

#9 ·
If your air filter gets really bad then it's still true. Just means you can go longer between changing the air filter.

#15 ·
Rental Question

Getting a rental for ski season.

I've googled the interior dimensions, but every site I've found only gives measurements in terms of volume. Does anyone know whether the rear cargo space (with seats down) is long enough to fit snowboards. Need at least 160cm (63").

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.