Who Left The DARTS Out ? - Page 3
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Who Left The DARTS Out ?

1st Gear
    Last I checked Chrysler's headquarters was in Auburn Hills, MI and the Cruze was primarily designed in Korea by Daewoo- so I assume GM is not an American company either?? I find it amusing that owner's of Cruzes (including myself) think the Dart looks bland when one of the biggest complaints of the Cruze when it first came out was it's design blandness.

Sometimes I think this forum is like walking into a dealer lot where 99% of the salespeople know nothing about the cars they sell. I will admit that I am really pissed off at GM with my Cruze problems right now so I am very ornery and if I can dump my Cruze the Dart is the car I will be getting so I'm a little offensive about Chrysler- plus I have numerous family members (including my father) who lives in NW Ohio who work for Chrysler. The only reason I have a Cruze is that I needed a good economy car for work and at the time my only option from Chrysler was a Caliber which was horrible. I had thought I was doing something good for the economy and the area I live in by supporting GM but I am really regretting it right now.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Administrator

The difference is that GM is headquartered in Detroit, MI, USA. Chrysler is a wholly owned subsidiary of Fiat, headquartered in Turin, Italy. Almost all car manufacturers are designing and building cars all over the world, so the fact that any particular car may be designed in another country is no longer a real issue. What is different between GM and Chrysler/Fiat is that ultimately the profits for GM do come back to the US. Profits for Chrysler eventually work their way to Italy.

2012 ECO MT - Black Granite/Cloth; 814 mile range; Bluetooth Stereo AUX; OEM Fogs w/Chrome Covers; GM Spare tire; VG Shark Fin
    2010 Mit Lancer GT MT (traded for ECO @31K miles)
    2002 Pont Montana AWD (traded for 2012 LS @182K miles)
    1990 Pont Transport (traded for Montana @240K miles)
    1986 Fiero GT MT (traded for Transport)
    1985 Fiero 2M4 MT (traded for Fiero GT @8K miles)

1st Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by obermd View Post
    The difference is that GM is headquartered in Detroit, MI, USA. Chrysler is a wholly owned subsidiary of Fiat, headquartered in Turin, Italy. Almost all car manufacturers are designing and building cars all over the world, so the fact that any particular car may be designed in another country is no longer a real issue. What is different between GM and Chrysler/Fiat is that ultimately the profits for GM do come back to the US. Profits for Chrysler eventually work their way to Italy.
    Like I said- I feel like I'm talking to car salesmen here. Fiat and Chrysler remain legally separate-Fiat cannot subsidize Italian operations with Chrysler profits. They share technology but not $$. This was to prevent the fiasco with Daimler and Chrysler- where Daimler used Chrysler profits to keep Mercedes going and in the process ruined the rep and quality of Chrysler cars.
    jblackburn likes this.

Administrator

dby2011 - I sure hope you're right.

2012 ECO MT - Black Granite/Cloth; 814 mile range; Bluetooth Stereo AUX; OEM Fogs w/Chrome Covers; GM Spare tire; VG Shark Fin
    2010 Mit Lancer GT MT (traded for ECO @31K miles)
    2002 Pont Montana AWD (traded for 2012 LS @182K miles)
    1990 Pont Transport (traded for Montana @240K miles)
    1986 Fiero GT MT (traded for Transport)
    1985 Fiero 2M4 MT (traded for Fiero GT @8K miles)

Handbrake Released Cruzemeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic View Post
    I've seen 2-3 Darts I stare at them usually closely when I see them as I don't get to see to many. To me - I'm neutral to the Dart... Don't have anything against it. I like the features although it gets expensive at top line. I would wait to get at least a 2nd year model or third. Multi-Air is relatively newer technology as is a lot of the overall car. I've heard great things about driving characteristics, and in China its rebadged Fiat sister is selling great.

That being said, in my opinion, I think the car is overall kind of bland and inoffensive. It looks like a new generation Neon so I can see why people call it that, and honestly - they should of called it that instead of Dart. Its generic styling, but I don't see it aging really well. The rear looks lifted, but I guess that gives the front a sportier stance. I have yet to see the interior in person to comment. I think my biggest dislike are the headlights...they don't look right to me for some reason. I'm also surprised that you cannot get the "signature" racetrack taillights reminiscent of the Charger unless you purchase the Aero or Limited model.

If your happy with it though - that's all that matters - Congrats!
    You can buy the racetrack taillight kit for any model you want. I'm going to get them for my SXT in spring/summer. About 300 plus 1/2 hr labor. GM would probably do something to make such a feature "model exclusive" and force your hand. Chrysler being more working man oriented. Sorry, I said I was disappearing for awhile...but it's just so HARD!!!!!!!

If All Cars Have Two Headlights and sometimes two Fog lights, why don't at least Most Cars have two exhaust tips - even if just for the symmetry?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symmetry
    Thank you to all who clicked.

^twss
    2013 Chevy Cruze Eco M6
    2002 Pontiac GTX Cammed & Intercooled
    2004 Chevy 1500 4X4 leveled on 33s

Handbrake Released Cruzemeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by forcedfed View Post
    ^twss
    I wish.... had to have my prostate removed last year - early stage cancer - doing good now, but HARD now implies DIFFICULT!!!!

If All Cars Have Two Headlights and sometimes two Fog lights, why don't at least Most Cars have two exhaust tips - even if just for the symmetry?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symmetry
    Thank you to all who clicked.

I almost bought a Dart myself. I liked the styling and the burbly stock dual exhaust. But timing was off and got a better deal on the Cruze. Maybe next time if the Dart has a good record.
    ADDICTED TO TURBO
    http://www.facebook.com/christophercroninvfib

also I am not brandist. All you import haters out there don't realize that mostly everything import is made in North America and Domestics use parts manufactured all over the world, ie Chevy Equinox used Chinese Motors and Wiring harnesses made in Taiwan. Its a big melting pot anymore. I say buy what is reliable, fun to drive and appeals to you.
    ADDICTED TO TURBO
    http://www.facebook.com/christophercroninvfib

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by cronyjabrony View Post
    also I am not brandist. All you import haters out there don't realize that mostly everything import is made in North America and Domestics use parts manufactured all over the world, ie Chevy Equinox used Chinese Motors and Wiring harnesses made in Taiwan. Its a big melting pot anymore. I say buy what is reliable, fun to drive and appeals to you.
    Where do the profits go? Certainly not here in the US. I say buy what supports your economy.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using AutoGuide App
    Sunline Fan likes this.
    Amsoil Products Info, Ordering, & CruzeTalk.com Discounts

XtremeRevolution & Co. Mobile Audio Parts :: XtremeRevolution.net

I pledge allegiance to the flag, of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands. One nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast