How are the 3 series BMWs?
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How are the 3 series BMWs?

Handbrake Released

How are the 3 series BMWs?

I am planning on having my "fun" with my Cruze while I finish my last year of schooling. Once I'm done that I plan on getting into a loaded 3 series BMW. I was wondering what people think of them? Worth the $55,000? Thats actually pretty cheap seeings how I have a friend with a mildly upgraded F150 for the same cost. (I'm not a truck person at all)
    2012 Chevy Cruze 1.4L Turbo.

Mods Done - Pioneer AVIC-Z140BH, 2 10" Kicker Comp, Kicker EX 500.1, LED Glow Blue Neon Dash Glow, 18" MSR 095 Black Pearl Wheels, Black Bowties
    Mods To Be Installed - JKS Custom Style Rear Spoiler With Light, B&G Suspension S2 Sport Springs, Audi style Halo Projector HID 6000k headlamps
    Future Mods - Exhaust System

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

BOOOOST!
    I'd buy a CPO M3 over any 3 series variant, or pony up the extra 10K if possible.

BMWs require a lot of expensive maintenance, and the go fast parts are insanely over priced, but if you're ok with that they're great cars.

Do not buy a 335i without driving an M3. Yes, the 335i with a tune will be as fast or faster, but it falls short tremendously in other areas.
    Cruze 1LT M6 - K&N Drop In, Intake Resonator Delete, Black Label Tuned - 162whp/186wtq @ 18.5psi
    GSXR750 - Turbo, E85, approx 220whp
    ZX10R - Mufflers - 161whp

Off-Road Champion

I'd buy a CPO M3 over any 3 series variant, or pony up the extra 10K if possible.

BMWs require a lot of expensive maintenance, and the go fast parts are insanely over priced, but if you're ok with that they're great cars.
    My son bought a CPO 2010 328i 6M and he loves it. So he is now at a 60K service. He told me the dealer wants $500 to change the spark plugs!! He is holding off on that and will likely change the plugs himself (can get the 6 plugs for around $80) . To maintain the warranty he went with the dealer fluids and filters change - ran him around $850. With these cars you have to pay to play.
    2014 Jet Black / Black M Sport 6M BMW 320i
    2012 Urban Titanium Metallic/black interior Honda CR-V LX AWD 5A-wife's
    2011 Black Granite Metallic/medium titanum interior Cruze ECO 6M - sold
    2004 Pulse Red/black leather interior GTO 6M
    1988 Black/Recaro interior Alfa Romeo Milano Verde 5M-garage queen

the cars are great, and you can find great performance (M3/ 335i) to a pretty average- seeming car with a BMW badge (yes they vary a lot, so check out the options at the dealer & drive them ..).
    As has been stated, basic maintenance is v. expensive on these cars, so are tunes/ mods etc. overall you have to be wealthier than being able to just afford the purchase price alone.
    Quite a few of my friends traded in their BMWs for acuras/ lexii after they realized what they would have to pay for their 1st service.
    2013 Cyber Gray/ black 2LT 6M RS. stage 0 tune for 91 octane- vtuner

Off-Road Champion

As has been stated, basic maintenance is v. expensive on these cars, so are tunes/ mods etc. overall you have to be wealthier than being able to just afford the purchase price alone.
    My son at one time considered upgrading the intake and exhaust on his 328i. BMW offers performance parts that will keep the warranty, but if I recall he was talking more than $1500 for the exhaust and air box.

Handbrake Released
    I wouldn't be doing any modifications to a car like this. Thats what the Cruze is for. As far as service goes don't they offer free servicing with their vehicles? I know lincoln and Cadillac do around here (canada). Or are you referring to more than just a tune up?

Mods Done - Pioneer AVIC-Z140BH, 2 10" Kicker Comp, Kicker EX 500.1, LED Glow Blue Neon Dash Glow, 18" MSR 095 Black Pearl Wheels, Black Bowties
    Mods To Be Installed - JKS Custom Style Rear Spoiler With Light, B&G Suspension S2 Sport Springs, Audi style Halo Projector HID 6000k headlamps

Off-Road Champion

I believe the maintenance is free on BMW leased cars and I just checked the BMW USA site - Maintenance is free on new cars for 4 yrs/50,000 miles. My son has 65k on his car now.

Handbrake Released
    Here in canada its 4 years 80,000km. Can be upgraded to 6 years 200,000km for about $2200. I live about 200km from my work and drive back and forth. 4 on 4 off. If I used the car to get to work I would definitely upgrade the package. Not to sure I would want to though. I may find an affordable used 4x4 for that.

Since I'm asking questions... Is there an advantage to leasing? I more than likely would trade it in for a new model down the road. Thats just how I am.

10. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.