Things you miss when you moved on from your Cruze. - Page 3

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Things you miss when you moved on from your Cruze.

Merc6 is online now [OP]
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by brian v View Post
    Ahhh can't think of a single thing other than the trunk being open all of the time ..........
    I'm sure you miss MPG and 87 octane at least. I miss 93 but not the prices...

Quote Originally Posted by diesel View Post
    In comparison to pretty much everything else I've driven, the Cruze is honestly the best overall designed car in so many respects. Your list is good. In comparison to my Honda Civic, the Cruze is just so much better in little ways that make a big difference. It's quieter on the highway and feels more solid. It has a great HVAC system (save for the defroster pattern). In the Honda, I can never get the heat where I want it and it's already developing quality issues.
    What issues did you have with heat? You try the Amsoil Dominator? As for me and the Accord HVAC, I have a small window of nothing between too cold and too hot. from 77 to 84 is about the exact same. Drop to 76 and start freezing or up to 85 and it's going to dry out your eyes.

I never drove the Civic but the Accord feels like a slightly cheaper and stiffer riding CTS. With the V6 Touring brakes it stops fairly well. I'm sure if I found lighter 19's or 18's it would be a bit quicker off the line. The rubber alone is 27 lbs per corner. Wind noise is slightly there but not anywhere near Subaru frameless windows wind noise. It's like the Chevy Cruze wind noise if you have a strong cross wind. My only physical issues is trying to aim the fogs up to a useable level and putting cardboard over the trunk vet to prevent it from sound like a trapped bird. I'll post the YT when I get home of that. Radio quality kinda is meh but I'm adding the tweeters from the upper trim s it will help out some. I'm convinced I might buy it out the lease but still have the safety of the lease to walk away if need be.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

2017 San Marino Red Honda Accord Sport 6MT (DD) Hidden Content
    2013 Black Granite Metallic Chevy Cruze ECO 6MT (Traded) Hidden Content
    2005 Satin White Pearl Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Unlimited 5EAT (Project Car) Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Resident Forum Drunkard
    I never ran 87 octane . Always 89 or better. I am feeling better about this comute I have with the Mustang even with the added cost of 93 octane.
    Merc6 likes this.
    Enduring ,Veteran Retired . Over 90 Jumps ..when you get to stop counting .

Knuckle Buster . !!!

Hidden Content . Lost , But Not Forgotten .

So Live your Life that the fear of Death can never enter your Heart .

Jan.2015 - MOTM - Feb /19/2011to 4/24/2015 cruzen , IT
    4/24/2015 Mustang.
    If you cannot Respect your Elders than Maybe you will learn to Respect your Betters ! this will save your Life when you think that you are just Grown enough to Take upon yourself to Bully another more mature MAN .

I build Cars and I have Surfed the Mavericks !

6th Gear
    Only thing I really miss from your list is MPG (But I enjoy the extra power more I think)...Push button start, Fusion fuel door is spring loaded just like Cruze was, doors close just fine, TPMS shows all tires, got used to the shift knob.
    Merc6 likes this.
    -Terry
    Hidden Content
    2014 Cruze 1LT RS

Merc6 is online now [OP]
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Terryk2003 View Post
    Only thing I really miss from your list is MPG (But I enjoy the extra power more I think)...Push button start, Fusion fuel door is spring loaded just like Cruze was, doors close just fine, TPMS shows all tires, got used to the shift knob.
    What about the red and black seat and dash contrast? I didn't take that good of a look inside your car that day.
    Hidden Content

2005 Satin White Pearl Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Unlimited 5EAT (Project Car) Hidden Content

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Merc6 View Post
    What issues did you have with heat? You try the Amsoil Dominator?
    it takes FOREVER to get any heat, compared to my CTD. Also, when i do have heat, it seems uneven. One of my feet will be cold and the other hot. In the Cruze, it's always quick and very even heat.

I'm still on the factory fill.
    2014 Chevy Cruze Clean Turbo Diesel 196K (Domenic - On the way to 200K!), 1986 Mercedes 300E 5 Speed odo broken (Rammstein - Sold and then repurchased), 2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback 6M 5K (Gordon - my backup car until the new 1.6 diesels come out)

Driver's Ed
    One thing I won't miss is the turbo lag. The "Oh dear God, there's a truck coming! MOVE!!" kind of lag.

Resident Tater Salad

Things you miss when you moved on from your Cruze.

Quote Originally Posted by EdFromOhio View Post
    One thing I won't miss is the turbo lag. The "Oh dear God, there's a truck coming! MOVE!!" kind of lag.
    Unless you were down around 1500 rpm, that's the car fighting off knock.
    Merc6 likes this.
    2016 Cruze Premier RS

Hidden Content

Driver's Ed
    i have not moved on from my cruze though i'd trade my left pinky to do so. i ask the universe to drop a piano on it daily. it's the worst car i've driven in my 30-year history of driving.

Merc6 is online now [OP]
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel View Post
    it takes FOREVER to get any heat, compared to my CTD. Also, when i do have heat, it seems uneven. One of my feet will be cold and the other hot. In the Cruze, it's always quick and very even heat.

I'm still on the factory fill.
    The Econ button also messes with the HVAC settings to make it econ in that way as well. I forgot to mention that as well.
    Hidden Content

6th Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by Merc6 View Post
    What about the red and black seat and dash contrast? I didn't take that good of a look inside your car that day.
    It was cool, but I prefer the leather in the Fusion better. The seats are also more comfortable.

I did think of something else I miss besides the MPG...The Onstar app! It was nice to be able to lock/unlock or remote start the car from my phone. Ford only has that on select (higher end) models.
    -Terry
    Hidden Content
    2014 Cruze 1LT RS

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.