Removed Trifecta Tune.. for now. - Page 8
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Removed Trifecta Tune.. for now.

Handbrake Released
    Question about the tunes how do I revert back to glfactory tune if needed As I just received mine haven't opened the email yet

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Off-Road Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by papoose42 View Post
    Question about the tunes how do I revert back to glfactory tune if needed As I just received mine haven't opened the email yet
    Trifecta Tune How To Guide - YouTube
    2012 Cruze RS-T 6M
    Performance
    - Tuned for E85 @ 24psi, 440cc Bosch Injectors, Spec Stage 3 Clutch, CXRacing FMIC, ZZP Down and Catted Midpipe, Forge BOV, K&N Typhoon SRI, Custom Magnaflow Catback, Big 3 Ground Kit, Mobil 1 Oil, RP 75w90 Trans Fluid.
    Exterior - Plastidip Wheels, Stripes, Rear Chrome, RS badge relocation

210hp/270tq on E85.
    OnlyTaurus's Build Thread

November 2012 Cruze Of The Month
    March 2013 Member Of The Month

I'm Building the Very First... Cruze SS!

Learning about my Cruze
    Yea just installed mine with no problems at all an seems to run better than stock

Handbrake Released
    Got my tune last night put it to my car and sick thanks

Glad to find and read this post.

As someone new to owning a Cruze this is good information. As someone not new to aftermarket tuning vehicles or software, I'm only left wondering about our options moving forward. It seems Trifecta has a virtual monopoly on Cruze/Sonic tuning? Not that this is a bad thing as they seem to be a very reputable company (used to do a lot of research on the LNF motors and what they have done with them)... I just wonder if HPTuners might be offering some Cruze tuning support. My understanding with HPTuners is that you have to buy the software and then a certain amount of "credits" or something.

Other than physical hardware i.e. USB/laptop/OBD2 connections, I'm not sure what exactly is needed for HPTuners or Trifecta or this Vermont Tuning?

I'm sure a local tuner with capability to tune your Cruze via any of the aforementioned software up on a dyno would be more ideal than just a run-of-the-mill shelf "Stage 0,1,2,3 etc" tune. It would just be more finely tuned, especially with regard to local gasoline options (here in CO we cannot get 93 octane). That's the only thing I can suggest. I'm just not sure if anyone here has done that yet, or if it's even an option to those who have the Trifecta tunes...

I read something somewhere about someone having a K&N air filter and possibly a messed up tune. This used to happen in the WRX world a lot. Definitely check your MAF sensor and clean it! I will never use a K&N (or any oiled filter) on a vehicle that has a MAF sensor again for that reason alone. Messes a whole lot of stuff up.

Lastly, what are our options for data-logging? If we could record certain parameters i.e. timing, sensor voltages, manifold pressures etc etc and give them back to Trifecta and/or others, they could send back an even more finely tuned map.
    '12 Cruze LT 6spd - 172whp/220wtq
    '98 Honda Prelude - sold
    '98 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Supercharged - 248whp/316wtq - sold
    '05 Subaru WRX - 233whp/243wtq - gone
    '98 BMW 328i - DINAN tuned - ​sold

Handbrake Released
    There's no magic to tuning these cars, it's actually really simple once you understand what to do and by modifying three tables you can up your boost to the stock "limit"(which you can raise) of 235kpa. I think the aftermarket tuners are doing a good job, but you have to keep in mind that mail order tunes are going to be generic and not the best for your vehicle. It is better to tune it yourself or see a tuner in person, imo.

Autocross Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Gh0st View Post
    There's no magic to tuning these cars, it's actually really simple once you understand what to do and by modifying three tables you can up your boost to the stock "limit"(which you can raise) of 235kpa. I think the aftermarket tuners are doing a good job, but you have to keep in mind that mail order tunes are going to be generic and not the best for your vehicle. It is better to tune it yourself or see a tuner in person, imo.
    While you statement is not untrue, you are discounting what goes into it. It isn't just a bit of software that provides drop downs to increase boost. You really need to know how the engines work and what they can do. Timing and fuel curves, cam advancement and so many other things need to be considered when tuning these cars.

I'd agree with you on the "mail order" tunes, but just because I got my trifecta tune in the mail doesn't put it in that category. JET and those hand controllers won't be optimal vs VT or Trifecta.

Seeing as how most of our cars are all the same, it's possible to get a canned tune that just works. Someone with a highly modded car would need to see a tuner in person, I agree 100%. Doesn't apply to us.
    Back to stock. Bored.

Ive decided to go with Vermont Tuner for The 0 Stage for my 12 cruze.Any tune done correctly based on a stock intake and exhaust should function correctly in all 1.4T cruzes of that year.It seems like a lot here think the tunes are kind of a case by case basis.And yes if people have intake of exhaust work of other mods done.Than i can see it.Just trying to get it out there that if the Values modified in the stock program are done correctly on a stock car there should be no real tuneing issues

So Trifecta is basically the best way to go for now?

I know if you have HPTuners and a local tuning shop can get you on a dyno and really get you a good tune.

Only question is if whatever software Trifecta is, would it allow you to get an even more custom tune by local tuners as you continue to add mod parts and need a retune to maximize those mods

Quote Originally Posted by Invierno View Post
    So Trifecta is basically the best way to go for now?

I know if you have HPTuners and a local tuning shop can get you on a dyno and really get you a good tune.

Only question is if whatever software Trifecta is, would it allow you to get an even more custom tune by local tuners as you continue to add mod parts and need a retune to maximize those mods
    Trifecta will send you free updated tunes if you buy additional aftermarket pieces. All you have to do is do a datalog with the new pieces and then email that to your tuning dealer (bad news racing, trifecta itself, etc.). They will then send you an updated tune
    titan2782 likes this.

2012 1LT Victory Red RS 6MT

Current mods:

E-85 KIT!!!
    TTR Solid Upper-Engine Mount
    Injen CAI
    Boost Gauge
    AEM AFR Wideband Gauge
    ZZP Pillar Pod

Forge Atmospheric BOV
    Plasti-Dipped Emblem's
    Custom Turbo-Back exhaust with IMCO high flow muffler