Any E85 users? - Page 4
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Any E85 users?

Learning about my Cruze buk azwell's Avatar
    Thanks Invierno, I will stick with the stock ones but I think I'll put in some fresh ones as I have done about 15k with the Trifecta tune in! As far as the gap goes stay the same? Running .028", I have tried upto .035" but I kept getting spark blowout until I got back down to .028"

Cheers, Buk.
    2011 SRIV Cruze 6MT
    Trifecta Tune,
    E85 upgrade
    K&N SRI
    2 1/4 " turbo back exhaust with high flow cat
    Custom FMIC and Piping, Forge BOV
    Stage 1 Clutchmaster clutch
    Ksport coilovers
    Bluetooth OBDII on android
    (Soon to be a full Flex fuel car)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by buk azwell View Post
    Thanks Invierno, I will stick with the stock ones but I think I'll put in some fresh ones as I have done about 15k with the Trifecta tune in! As far as the gap goes stay the same? Running .028", I have tried upto .035" but I kept getting spark blowout until I got back down to .028"

Cheers, Buk.
    Modern engines are designed to pretty much last 30k or 60k without a spark plug change. Obviously if you feel the gap isn't correct and/or are upgrading more power/fuel and possibly requiring new plugs in the process, I don't see a need to replace spark plugs with only 15k miles. If we all did that, it would be expensive to change the plugs that often.
    '12 Cruze LT 6spd - 172whp/220wtq
    '98 Honda Prelude - sold
    '98 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Supercharged - 248whp/316wtq - sold
    '05 Subaru WRX - 233whp/243wtq - gone
    '98 BMW 328i - DINAN tuned - ​sold

3rd Gear
    The stock plugs will be fine with E85. As for changing the plugs, it's probably not a bad idea. I change mine on the Cobalt every 15-20k miles. Most LNF guys change them every 10-15k when tuned.

Learning about my Cruze buk azwell's Avatar
    Thanks for the input guys. I think I might change the plugs I have regapped them soo many times I'm worried the ground will snap off!! LOL
    Cheers, Buk.
    2011 SRIV Cruze 6MT
    Trifecta Tune,
    E85 upgrade
    K&N SRI
    2 1/4 " turbo back exhaust with high flow cat
    Custom FMIC and Piping, Forge BOV
    Stage 1 Clutchmaster clutch
    Ksport coilovers
    Bluetooth OBDII on android
    (Soon to be a full Flex fuel car)

Learning about my Cruze
    Thank you guys for the info and direction on plugs. Just out of curiosity anyone know what was the difference in boost level for the "low power" and "high power" E85 tune? Jerry?

92 Mitsu Eclipse GSX - 9.5:1 E85 build almost done!
    06 Chevy Colorado - Best tank of 29 mpg on 91 oct. E0
    91 Octane tune by SuperModulation of 355nation
    Amsoil Cone, Supersparkz, SFan4500, Big 3 Cable Kit

11 Cruze Eco - Best fillup of 51 mpg.
    K&N Intake w/ 5" Amsoil(Injen) EA Nanofiber Cone - No more oil on my MAF!
    Tifecta Tuned 91 pump
    Big 3 Cable Kit
    Ignition coil resistors removed
    0.035" spark plug gap currently

Sydney, Australia, Suburb called Lalor Park.
    Not sure about road cars, but in Australia the V8 super cars are using E85 and in endurance racing they have to make twice as many fuel stops than they did on regular petrol. They do make a bit more power though.

Driver's Ed
    I dont know why us aussies have followed the americans in terms of this e85 setup. I thought by going 100kw to about 145 kw would attract people or tuners in Australia to do this.

But one thing I would like to see from BNR in particular or anyone with this e85 tune is to post some videos of zero to hundred km with the e85 setup. There was so much hype about it but no video clips as such

would love to run e85 but the nearest station is in DC. 50 miles away! I would like to run this instead of water/meth cause vince said there is no way to turn off the water meth once tuned for it you have to use it all the time.
    could some one explaine e85 for dummies!
    kfr291 likes this.
    2012 Cruze 1.4T 6AT Ksport C/O, DDM Spacers, DRAG dr-19 18X8 With 235/45 18" ExtremeContact DWS, UR bars+4, Trifecta Custom Water/Meth Tune, Snow Performance water/meth, Ported Intake, Forge BPV, K&N SRI, ZZP FMIC, ZZP Big Brake Kit, Amsoil By-Pass, MagnaFlow Dual Exhaust, ZZP O2 Housing/Down Pipe, ZZP Catless Mid-Pipe, QTP Electric Cutout, AGT 6K HID's, AGT 3K HID Fog Lamps, 10% Tint, AEM Boost, AEM Wideband A/F, PS Intercooler Temp, PS EGT, AEM W/M Flow Gauges. Best Run 14.473 @ 93.89mph

Sydney, Australia, Suburb called Lalor Park.
    Quote Originally Posted by smorey78 View Post
    would love to run e85 but the nearest station is in DC. 50 miles away! I would like to run this instead of water/meth cause vince said there is no way to turn off the water meth once tuned for it you have to use it all the time.
    could some one explaine e85 for dummies!
    Just like global warming, "POLITICS". First they get you to use it, then they tell you they have to tax it because you use too much. And then back this up with some BS reason why they have to reduce the use of it.

okay i am going to be that guy. what is e85? and if it needs larger injectors to run does that mean it has lower fuel economy? sorry for the dumb quesiton, but its was under fuel economy on a artcle i read.)

just curious for the benifit of adding power/ mpg to my car, if it does add mpg thats great, but if its a power gain that i need a injector swap for then its not worth it for my daily driver.
    Last edited by kfr291; 12-25-2012 at 09:45 PM.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast