Any E85 users?

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Any E85 users?

Learning about my Cruze

Any E85 users?

Looking for feed back on people using E85. Mainly if there are issues with anything on the fuel system that it is not prepared to run alcohol and gas mileage. I understand the great performance increase it gives you. As it is equal to 105oct and no carbon build up. Plus it is forgiving on the air/fuel ratio you run vs if it was gas.

Also I live in Wisconsin so I, like many other states, get 3 blends of this thru out the year. E70(winter), E74(fall/spring), E79(summer). Wondering what tune it comes with when you order it because knowing this will greatly effect the a/f ratio. Plus I assume its mandatory to run a wideband?

Thanks in advance for your input.
    2012 Cruze 1LT tinted tails, front corners, debadged, shark fin antenna

1999 Buick Regal GSE/GSX SLP

2001 Silverado

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

4th Gear
    I run 1/3 a tank of e85 currently. I have had no issues

Learning about my Cruze
    This is tuned for it or you just add it and you are having the computer to make up the difference?

2001 Silverado

I'm probably buying the kit this weekend.

ICruze2, hows this tune? Is it different than the standard Trifecta tune?
    2012 Cruze RS-T 6M
    Performance
    - Tuned for E85 @ 24psi, 440cc Bosch Injectors, Spec Stage 3 Clutch, CXRacing FMIC, ZZP Down and Catted Midpipe, Forge BOV, K&N Typhoon SRI, Custom Magnaflow Catback, Big 3 Ground Kit, Mobil 1 Oil, RP 75w90 Trans Fluid.
    Exterior - Plastidip Wheels, Stripes, Rear Chrome, RS badge relocation

210hp/270tq on E85.
    OnlyTaurus's Build Thread

November 2012 Cruze Of The Month
    March 2013 Member Of The Month

I'm Building the Very First... Cruze SS!

4th Gear
    A lot more Sonics have bought the E85 stuff than Cruze guys, and they all love it. One guy went from running mid 15s on his 93 tune to running low low 15s on E85, but with a worse 60ft time. I'd say he'd be easily in the 14s if he could get his 60ft down with the added power. 93 tune he was running like a 2.0-2.1 60ft and I think his best on E85 was 2.4

Are there any E85 vs. 93 charts you can show Jerry?

Is the 190hp/220tq numbers at the wheels or crank? Just curious, in case I should keep an eye on the clutch in case I get a little carried away with this tune in the empty mall parking lot covered in a blanket of snow.

Also, I wonder. If E85 burns hotter than gasoline, I wonder if this will help the warm-up times of the Cruze to get warm air for those frigid mornings!
    Last edited by OnlyTaurus; 12-05-2012 at 05:01 PM.
    2012 Cruze RS-T 6M
    Performance
    - Tuned for E85 @ 24psi, 440cc Bosch Injectors, Spec Stage 3 Clutch, CXRacing FMIC, ZZP Down and Catted Midpipe, Forge BOV, K&N Typhoon SRI, Custom Magnaflow Catback, Big 3 Ground Kit, Mobil 1 Oil, RP 75w90 Trans Fluid.
    Exterior - Plastidip Wheels, Stripes, Rear Chrome, RS badge relocation

210hp/270tq on E85.
    OnlyTaurus's Build Thread

November 2012 Cruze Of The Month
    March 2013 Member Of The Month

I'm Building the Very First... Cruze SS!

Learning about my Cruze
    I try to tell people how magical this stuff is when I tune/mod there 3800 and I can say its 25-35hp over your best dyno on 93. This application I could see 15-20hp over the 93 tune. But like I asked what about adjusting for E70,E74,E79 every season change?

2001 Silverado

Learning about my Cruze
    Quote Originally Posted by OnlyTaurus View Post
    Are there any E85 vs. 93 charts you can show Jerry?

Is the 190hp/220tq numbers at the wheels or crank? Just curious, in case I should keep an eye on the clutch in case I get a little carried away with this tune in the empty mall parking lot covered in a blanket of snow.

Also, I wonder. If E85 burns hotter than gasoline, I wonder if this will help the warm-up times of the Cruze to get warm air for those frigid mornings!
    E85 burns cooler which is why you can run more boost/timing and a lot less prone to detonation (KR). I usually recommend to others not running it in the winter because of the longer hard starts.
    With the 93oct tune I'll see the car maybe just leave the bottom of the temp gauge after a complete 20min warm up on remote start. (I know you hyper milers are hating me for that statement lol)

2001 Silverado

Off-Road Champion
    I will be getting e85 at some point in the near future. I won't install until a little later I plan on getting the fuel sensor to have the auto-adjusting ECU.

To answer your question in the OP, the Cruze fuel system is completely fine on e85. You just need the tune and injectors to run it.

Driver's Ed
    How does E85 work with out a tune?

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.