BOV before and after
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: BOV before and after

BOV before and after

Here are some little vids of the Stock BPV and the Forge BOV atmosphere.
    Install is not to bad the old valve comes out in 3 pices. the base, diaphragm and spring. the three screws are t27 or t30. I used the T27 cause i could get a better angle to get the screws out cause of the size of my hands.
    After install i took a little teat drive and pull up right next to a mini cooper s. When the light dropped he went...SO DID I and blew his doors off. I was a little surpized but my cruze did not let me down.

2012 Cruze 1.4T 6AT Ksport C/O, DDM Spacers, DRAG dr-19 18X8 With 235/45 18" ExtremeContact DWS, UR bars+4, Trifecta Custom Water/Meth Tune, Snow Performance water/meth, Ported Intake, Forge BPV, K&N SRI, ZZP FMIC, ZZP Big Brake Kit, Amsoil By-Pass, MagnaFlow Dual Exhaust, ZZP O2 Housing/Down Pipe, ZZP Catless Mid-Pipe, QTP Electric Cutout, AGT 6K HID's, AGT 3K HID Fog Lamps, 10% Tint, AEM Boost, AEM Wideband A/F, PS Intercooler Temp, PS EGT, AEM W/M Flow Gauges. Best Run 14.473 @ 93.89mph

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

now thoughts after the install.
    The air rushing out sounds more like a puncture tire leaking air. Gotta remember our turbos are small! With windows up i do not here as much air rushing around as i did with the stock bpv. also with the windows up i dont hear the new BOV either. But windows down its there...plenty of noise! And it makes some heads turn. Boost seems to build a little faster and hold better. in sport mode i build right to 25psi and it holds. I am using the green spring. In eco mode i seem to be building to 12psi and holding where before i would build to 10psi and hold
    This pice is well made and looks good! That alone sold me!
    Sonic likes this.
    2012 Cruze 1.4T 6AT Ksport C/O, DDM Spacers, DRAG dr-19 18X8 With 235/45 18" ExtremeContact DWS, UR bars+4, Trifecta Custom Water/Meth Tune, Snow Performance water/meth, Ported Intake, Forge BPV, K&N SRI, ZZP FMIC, ZZP Big Brake Kit, Amsoil By-Pass, MagnaFlow Dual Exhaust, ZZP O2 Housing/Down Pipe, ZZP Catless Mid-Pipe, QTP Electric Cutout, AGT 6K HID's, AGT 3K HID Fog Lamps, 10% Tint, AEM Boost, AEM Wideband A/F, PS Intercooler Temp, PS EGT, AEM W/M Flow Gauges. Best Run 14.473 @ 93.89mph

Autocross Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by smorey78 View Post
    After install i took a little teat drive and pull up right next to a mini cooper s. When the light dropped he went...SO DID I
    Did he know he was "going for it" ?

Thanks for the videos, great comparison.
    No more Cruze Now driving a 2014 Genesis Coup 3.8 R-Spec.

yes he did! we started off the line neck and neck and i just started pulling and pulling and than he gave up cause next thing i knew i had over a bus lenght on him!
    titan2782 likes this.

Contest Manager
    Nice video and review
    Can you get one more from a lil bit farther away and with hood down

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

i do that tomorrow

notice anything different after you heat wrapped your intake?
    2011 SILVER LTZ WITH RS PACKAGE
    "Stock"

in the summer i do but not now. in the summer it helps when i am in traffic or at stop lights thats about it

****, you beat me to the posting of the BOV lol

2012 1LT Victory Red RS 6MT

Current mods:

E-85 KIT!!!
    TTR Solid Upper-Engine Mount
    Injen CAI
    Boost Gauge
    AEM AFR Wideband Gauge
    ZZP Pillar Pod

Forge Atmospheric BOV
    Plasti-Dipped Emblem's
    Custom Turbo-Back exhaust with IMCO high flow muffler
    H&R Lowering Springs

Exhaust: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKo_vVRRUd0

Future:
    Coilovers

4th Gear
    Too cold to install mine today, wish I would have got it last week when it was 70 out
    Jnoobs likes this.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast