Trifecta problem please help
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Trifecta problem please help

Handbrake Released

Trifecta problem please help

I was wondering if you could help me with a problem. Ever since I tuned my cruze it is awesome but is throwing a P0300 engine misfire code on 3 occations I have had a problem with the tc and esc failure and service. Today while on dyno did one pull in 3rd and the car started smoking from the exaust. I always had the tc and esc problem as well as the misfire from the tune but last night I got gas from a diff station than normal and the car started acting a little funny Vince looked at my logs and said its the car not his tune and the tc and esc problem is because a faulty system but Jerry at BNR said that's a tune related issue. I also had the local well known performance shop by me look over my data log the guy does awesome work with Subaru and I trust him said with the dyno results and log my afr is all out of wak but Vince says no... He says to just regal my plugs to .28 but I haven't touched it and says none of my problems are tune related although they only started when I put the tune in

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Administrator

Check your plugs. There is a small chance they are among the few plugs gapped over 0.028" from the factory.

2012 ECO MT - Black Granite/Cloth; 814 mile range; Bluetooth Stereo AUX; OEM Fogs w/Chrome Covers; GM Spare tire; VG Shark Fin
    2010 Mit Lancer GT MT (traded for ECO @31K miles)
    2002 Pont Montana AWD (traded for 2012 LS @182K miles)
    1990 Pont Transport (traded for Montana @240K miles)
    1986 Fiero GT MT (traded for Transport - needed more seats)
    1985 Fiero 2M4 MT (traded for Fiero GT @8K miles)

Learning about my Cruze buk azwell's Avatar
    Yeah, check your plugs!! I can't run any bigger gap than .028 or I get spark blowout on the trifecta tune!! Started at .035 and worked my way back to .028 thats when there was no trace of spark blowout!! Hope it works for you!!
    2011 SRIV Cruze 6MT
    Trifecta Tune,
    E85 upgrade
    K&N SRI
    2 1/4 " turbo back exhaust with high flow cat
    Custom FMIC and Piping, Forge BOV
    Stage 1 Clutchmaster clutch
    Ksport coilovers
    Bluetooth OBDII on android
    (Soon to be a full Flex fuel car)

Handbrake Released
    What are signs of blowout

Learning about my Cruze buk azwell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by papoose42 View Post
    What are signs of blowout
    Its like a miss in the upper rev range under a bit of load (i.e. going up hill in third gear with you foot flat to the floor and as you reach around 4500 rpm starts to miss and carry on). I'm sure someone on this forum can explain it better than me!! lol
    2011 SRIV Cruze 6MT
    Trifecta Tune,
    E85 upgrade
    K&N SRI
    2 1/4 " turbo back exhaust with high flow cat
    Custom FMIC and Piping, Forge BOV
    Stage 1 Clutchmaster clutch
    Ksport coilovers
    Bluetooth OBDII on android
    (Soon to be a full Flex fuel car)

Retired Moderator

Misfires can cause issues with traction control when the wheels stop spinning as fast but the computer thinks they should still be spinning just as fast. So it kicks on the traction control to keep them spinning, or so it is programmed.

Agreed, check your spark plugs for the gap width, and make them all 0.028" gap width. Consistency is key, and the factory plugs are not consistent in their gap.
    2012 Chevrolet Cruze Eco
    2009 Honda Fit Sport

Learn from the mistakes of others, so when you err it can be in new and interesting ways.

Handbrake Released
    Ok did it today still have the misfire could not go to .028 had blowout seems my magic number is .026 so all four are from .022-.025 to .026 still having the rough idle and now every time 3rd hits I am getting white smoke from the eghaust

Retired Moderator

Try flashing back to stock and see if the problem goes away. Also, can you post up a datalog so we can see what's happening? Assuming you have a cable...
    2012 Chevrolet Cruze Eco
    2009 Honda Fit Sport

Learn from the mistakes of others, so when you err it can be in new and interesting ways.

Handbrake Released
    I had Vince look at it and they guy from my shop the data log Vince said it is fine my guy says to lean in low rpm and too rich in high rpm... I think the white is oil burning off because they said they had to add a quart of oil... As far as flashing back to stock how do I do that I watched the video don't understand do I just choose the stock tune option

Retired Moderator

Yes, choose the stock tune option and re-flash.

If you're a quart of oil low, there's a mechanical reason for that. Find out what's causing the oil loss, fix it, and re-flash the tune. If the engine's burning oil in addition to fuel, that will throw off the air-fuel ratio and cause the car to run poorly. If enough oil is burned it will foul spark plugs, and cause a misfire.

Don't worry about the tune for right now. Find out why you're losing oil and fix it. Replace the spark plugs when you're done, too. It sounds like they might be fouled.
    2012 Chevrolet Cruze Eco
    2009 Honda Fit Sport

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.