Transmission problem
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Thread: Transmission problem

Driver's Ed

Transmission problem

I have a 2011 1.4t 6-speed auto with 45,000 on the clock. This morning started driving and noticed it is stuck in second and the ceck engine light came on solid. Can't swirch to the manual mode. Went to store, turned her off. Came back out and she drove around the parking lot like normal and was able to switch to manual mode. Started for home and got up to 55 in 5th. Switched to 6th and she automatically went to nuetral.....no power! I had to go back to normal drive and the "D" started flashing. She then stuck herself back in 2nd all the way home. What gives?????

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Resident Tater Salad
    Limp mode. Not sure what's wrong with it (sounds like a shift solenoid problem), but there WILL be a code stored in the computer the dealer can read.

Luckily the transmission has a 100k warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
    2012 Cruze 1LT 6M

Driver's Ed
    Would that be and easy and quick fix if it were a solenoid?

Resident Tater Salad
    Not really. Usually requires dropping the transmission pan or sometimes the subframe. Chevy may end up just replacing the whole transmission.

A fluid change might do the trick but I'm not entirely sure what's wrong with it to begin with. This is knowledge based off other cars than the Cruze with similar symptoms n

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
    2012 Cruze 1LT 6M

Retired Moderator

Take it to the dealer. The transmission is covered under the 100k mile powertrain warranty.
    2012 Chevrolet Cruze Eco
    2009 Honda Fit Sport

Learn from the mistakes of others, so when you err it can be in new and interesting ways.

Driver's Ed
    Took her to the dealership. Nice 30 mile drive at 35 MPH! I called OnStar for a diagnostic check while enroute to the dealership. The rep said there were two codes that are related to the transmission malfunctioning...imagine that! Said to was related to the control module and another system which she couldn't clarify more. The 5 year 100,00 mile warranty apparently does NOT cover control modules and a bunch of other electronics. I hope it's more than that and they end up changing it out....was jerky to begin with! I'll keep you all posted.

Driver's Ed
    Well, they had to drop the transmission and found a "plate" and a "valve" needed to be replaced. Had nothing to do with the electronics. All covered under warranty. The service rep said a TSB is supposedly coming out for this very issue....said "debris" is floating around for some reason and damages these parts.

Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
    Quote Originally Posted by ntymd8r View Post
    Well, they had to drop the transmission and found a "plate" and a "valve" needed to be replaced. Had nothing to do with the electronics. All covered under warranty. The service rep said a TSB is supposedly coming out for this very issue....said "debris" is floating around for some reason and damages these parts.

ntymd8r,
    I would like to apologize for the experience you have had with your transmission. I am happy to hear that you are getting this taken care of. Please keep me posted on the progress. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me anytime.
    Thank you,
    Stacy Chevrolet Customer Service

10. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements