CXRacing Intercooler Kit
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: CXRacing Intercooler Kit

CXRacing Intercooler Kit

Cxracing Front Mount Intercooler Piping Kit for 2010 Chevrolet Cruze 1 4T Turbo | eBay

ZZP may have met it's match for an intercooler kit. Looks legit, they have many photos of the product contents and installed pics.

$439.00 shipped. Aluminum 2.5" piping with sensor bungs. Only problem is I do not see a max pressure rating. Might have to contact the company for that info.

Question is, is it as good as ZZP? I personally think all intercoolers work the same, but who knows.

Definitely looking into this kit.
    Last edited by OnlyTaurus; 12-31-2012 at 08:22 AM.
    2012 Cruze RS-T 6M
    Performance
    - Tuned for E85 @ 24psi, 440cc Bosch Injectors, Spec Stage 3 Clutch, CXRacing FMIC, ZZP Down and Catted Midpipe, Forge BOV, K&N Typhoon SRI, Custom Magnaflow Catback, Big 3 Ground Kit, Mobil 1 Oil, RP 75w90 Trans Fluid.
    Exterior - Plastidip Wheels, Stripes, Rear Chrome, RS badge relocation

210hp/270tq on E85.
    OnlyTaurus's Build Thread

November 2012 Cruze Of The Month
    March 2013 Member Of The Month

I'm Building the Very First... Cruze SS!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Retired Moderator

It does look tempting. All the sensors look to be in the right places.

I'd be interested to know about the intercoolers themselves. Thicker =/= (doesn't equal) better, but apparently things can be done within the intercooler to make a smaller one more efficient. I'd be interested to hear if their intercooler core is a Chinese cheapy, or a more expensive one.
    2012 Chevrolet Cruze Eco
    2009 Honda Fit Sport

Learn from the mistakes of others, so when you err it can be in new and interesting ways.

World Rally Champion
    Well that is nice I love the car too got to love them niches

Sent from my Droid using AutoGuide.Com Free App
    GO FOR GOLD

http://www.youtube.com/user/H377ON3ARTH?feature=mhee

2012 ECO 6MT

Current Mods:
    K&N Typhoon Short Ram Intake,Tinted Windows, Custom Made Cat Back Exhaust With IMCO High Flow Muffler, Trifecta Performance Tune Plasti-dipped stock ECO rims, ZZP Down-pipe, M-Tech Shifter Shortener, 15" Incriminator Audio Subwoofer in Custom Built Box pushed by a Hifonics BRZ-2100.

seeing the cruze in the seller's pics makes me want to drop my car even more!!!!!!

the intercooler looks great too!
    2012 Cruze RS 1 LT Turbo+ Victory Red

My Build Thread:

http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/11-ap...-cruze-rs.html

My Switchback LED DIY:
    http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/57-ho...witchback.html

There are 2 types of aircraft: Fighter Jets and Targets :P

Canadian Firepower / Proud to serve.

Quote Originally Posted by sciphi View Post
    It does look tempting. All the sensors look to be in the right places.

I'd be interested to know about the intercoolers themselves. Thicker =/= (doesn't equal) better, but apparently things can be done within the intercooler to make a smaller one more efficient. I'd be interested to hear if their intercooler core is a Chinese cheapy, or a more expensive one.
    Yeah, look at ours, can't be any thicker than 1.5", maybe 2. We've had no problems with IAT on ours.
    I'd say the thinner the better. That way, the heat can be dissipated much faster than ambient air trying to cool 4 inches thick of hot air.

If that makes any sense? lol
    2012 Cruze RS-T 6M
    Performance
    - Tuned for E85 @ 24psi, 440cc Bosch Injectors, Spec Stage 3 Clutch, CXRacing FMIC, ZZP Down and Catted Midpipe, Forge BOV, K&N Typhoon SRI, Custom Magnaflow Catback, Big 3 Ground Kit, Mobil 1 Oil, RP 75w90 Trans Fluid.

210hp/270tq on E85.

Check out their site. www.cxracing.com

They have some impressive products and even more impressive projects..

This company seems to have the upper hand on high performance. I could probably trust them.

I'm going to contact the company about pressure rating on this intercooler. Will post results.
    Last edited by OnlyTaurus; 12-31-2012 at 09:55 AM.
    2012 Cruze RS-T 6M
    Performance

210hp/270tq on E85.

BOOOOST!
    DON'T DO IT!

It's a Taiwan junk intercooler core that won't actually cool a **** thing. I put a CXRacing kit on a mazdapeed3 (not my choice) and it lost 20whp. IATs were hitting 160 on highway pulls IIRC.

It was on the car for about 3 days before we ripped it off and sold that POS. Swapped back to stock and boom gained the power right back, then put a real intercooler on it and gained another 10whp.

CXRacing = Chinese trash.

"All intercooler's work the same" couldn't be more wrong. It's the internal bar/plate/fin design that makes the difference, the stuff you can't see. That's more important than size or end tank design. You will never have a decent pump gas setup with a cheap intercooler, ever. If you can't control your IATs, you can't make power on low octane (93 and below) fuel.
    Last edited by Hoon; 12-31-2012 at 10:38 AM.
    '12 Cruze 1LT M6 - K&N Drop In, Intake Resonator Delete, Black Label Tuned - 162whp/186wtq @ 18.5psi

'05 GSXR750 - Big ole turbo.

Great find OnlyTaurus! Patiently waiting for some more product info.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoon View Post
    DON'T DO IT!

It's a Taiwan junk intercooler core that won't actually cool a **** thing. I put a CXRacing kit on a mazdapeed3 (not my choice) and it lost 20whp. IATs were hitting 160 on highway pulls IIRC.

It was on the car for about 3 days before we ripped it off and sold that POS. Swapped back to stock and boom gained the power right back, then put a real intercooler on it and gained another 10whp.

CXRacing = Chinese trash.

"All intercooler's work the same" couldn't be more wrong. It's the internal bar/plate/fin design that makes the difference, the stuff you can't see. That's more important than size or end tank design. You will never have a decent pump gas setup with a cheap intercooler, ever. If you can't control your IATs, you can't make power on low octane (93 and below) fuel.
    Well, despite your bad experience with this company, you can't say the company is junk just from one possible faulty I/C.

Proceed with caution might be a good warning for unknown companies like this, but I may become the guinea pig for this kit. Unless someone beats me too it. I plan to get some sort of upgraded I/C and a stronger clutch with the E85 tune shortly. The three should match quite well together to make a moderately powerful Cruze.

Still can't justify $700 for an upgraded cooler.
    2012 Cruze RS-T 6M
    Performance

210hp/270tq on E85.

Does this kit include the SRI too?

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast