Vtuner Stage 0 Report !
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Vtuner Stage 0 Report !

Vtuner Stage 0 Report !

I have been reading the boards and looking for everything i could find related to aftermarket tuning for the cruze 1.4T.My number one concern was complete durability and retained drive ability of my 2012 cruze LT.After being a Chevy tech for 30 years i kind of have a feel for everything going on in a engine and transmission.Sometimes thats good sometimes its not i have myself thinking of things that could fail well before they do on my own vehicle.After looking into what i would call the 2 major players in the tuning field and there dyno charts i made a choice at who's work would most likely closely match a tune GM is rumored to be working on for the cruze.Which may or may not happen who knows.After several emails with Vtuner and based on the information swapped back and forth between us.I decided on the Stage 0 tune and its dyno chart looked really good with its upper end hp.The whole process from ordering the tune to tuning the car was very fast.The emailed videos and written instructions from Brian were excellent.The auto cal is a great little scanner,data logger and programmer.I was able to watch boost and IAT2 numbers on the fly.Reading the ECM and TCM to send to Vtuner only took about 4 Min's for the ecm and 3 Min's for the tcm.The trans tune was nice with a factory feel. AS Vtuner put it The trans tune will speed up the rate of the shifts and shift more firmly than your stock transmission program. I also raised the transmission torque limits in 1st and 2nd gear -this will allow you to brake-torque the trans much harder if you turn off the traction control. You can easily switch back to your stock transmission tune anytime you wish.

After reading the ecm and tcm i sent them off to Brain.The next morning i received my 5 re flashes the stock ecm and tcm,sport tcm tune,Stage0 and ECO tune. Within Min's i had them load on the provided auto cal and was ready to program.The car was stone cold so it was perfect i was able to program and drive right off.Programing both took only about 2 Min's if that.The car was running and i was off driving it normally light throttle getting a feel for trans shifting and cold drive ability.The car felt great and after a warm up i got my reward a number of back to back hard runs up to 60 or 70 mph the extra power and Torque on tap was apparent.What i would call the way GM should do it with a SS version and just make it premium only.Brian had told me he would like to look at several data logs so i proceeded to record them.The first one was at a cruise than i stopped and slightly brake stood it after about 20ft of wheel spin it hooked up and pulled up to 70mph.The next one was recorded with a rolling at 10 mph and the throttle snapped to the floor and up to about 70mph.The best part is the wife just came home after a 50 mile trip with the car.I asked well what did you think of the car.She said it fells great just like always i dont drive like you do.Ah this is great i thought if there were any drive ability issues i certainly would have listened to her over it lol.Plus hey she is a great tester for gas mileage to ! Here is the result of the data logs and a big thumbs up to Vtuner !

Looks good Randy - The GM Torque PdD was indicating peak power at around 174hp at 5527 rpm (165 lb-ft @ 5527 rpm), reducing slightly down to 165hp at 6500 rpm and torque is peaking at around 177lb-ft below 5200 rpm. Boost pressure was around 19psi - this is indicated under TCBP (TurboCharger Boost Pressure) in absolute pressure (so you need to subtract barometric pressure to obtain gauge pressure).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5kt_...yer_detailpage
    Last edited by GM Master Tech; 01-07-2013 at 10:09 PM.
    iKermit, titan2782, vmaxed and 3 others like this.
    Stage 0 Vtuned 174HP/177TQ / Per GM Torque PID 174hp at 5527 rpm (165 lb-ft @ 5527 rpm), Peak 177TQ at 3500 rpm 19 PSI Boost. Latest Vtune 21 psi boost 178HP/201TQ / Per GM Torque PID

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

That little handheld is great

Yes within a few mins you can bring the car back to stock or switch tunes.I like viewing data on the fly.Its easy and safe to view while driveing !
    Stage 0 Vtuned 174HP/177TQ / Per GM Torque PID 174hp at 5527 rpm (165 lb-ft @ 5527 rpm), Peak 177TQ at 3500 rpm 19 PSI Boost. Latest Vtune 21 psi boost 178HP/201TQ / Per GM Torque PID

Retired Moderator

Thanks for sharing the positive experience! Nice to see a healthy tuning community on here!
    titan2782 likes this.
    2012 Chevrolet Cruze Eco
    2009 Honda Fit Sport

Learn from the mistakes of others, so when you err it can be in new and interesting ways.

World Rally Champion
    I'm thinking about changing over from Trifecta.

Sent from my Droid using AutoGuide.Com Free App
    GO FOR GOLD

http://www.youtube.com/user/H377ON3ARTH?feature=mhee

2012 ECO 6MT

Current Mods:
    K&N Typhoon Short Ram Intake,Tinted Windows, Custom Made Cat Back Exhaust With IMCO High Flow Muffler, Trifecta Performance Tune Plasti-dipped stock ECO rims, ZZP Down-pipe, M-Tech Shifter Shortener, 15" Incriminator Audio Subwoofer in Custom Built Box pushed by a Hifonics BRZ-2100.

Quote Originally Posted by H3LLON3ARTH View Post
    I'm thinking about changing over from Trifecta.

Why for?

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1.4t - 35% tint, K&N Intake & Black Bowties.

Quote Originally Posted by GM Master Tech View Post
    I have been reading the boards and looking for everything i could find related to aftermarket tuning for the cruze 1.4T.My number one concern was complete durability and retained drive ability of my 2012 cruze LT.After being a Chevy tech for 30 years i kind of have a feel for everything going on in a engine and transmission.Sometimes thats good sometimes its not i have myself thinking of things that could fail well before they do on my own vehicle.After looking into what i would call the 2 major players in the tuning field and there dyno charts i made a choice at who's work would most likely closely match a tune GM is rumored to be working on for the cruze.Which may or may not happen who knows.After several emails with Vtuner and based on the information swapped back and forth between us.I decided on the Stage 0 tune and its dyno chart looked really good with its upper end hp.The whole process from ordering the tune to tuning the car was very fast.The emailed videos and written instructions from Brian were excellent.The auto cal is a great little scanner,data logger and programmer.I was able to watch boost and IAT2 numbers on the fly.Reading the ECM and TCM to send to Vtuner only took about 4 Min's for the ecm and 3 Min's for the tcm.The trans tune was nice with a factory feel. AS Vtuner put it The trans tune will speed up the rate of the shifts and shift more firmly than your stock transmission program. I also raised the transmission torque limits in 1st and 2nd gear -this will allow you to brake-torque the trans much harder if you turn off the traction control. You can easily switch back to your stock transmission tune anytime you wish.

After reading the ecm and tcm i sent them off to Brain.The next morning i received my 5 re flashes the stock ecm and tcm,sport tcm tune,Stage0 and ECO tune. Within Min's i had them load on the provided auto cal and was ready to program.The car was stone cold so it was perfect i was able to program and drive right off.Programing both took only about 2 Min's if that.The car was running and i was off driving it normally light throttle getting a feel for trans shifting and cold drive ability.The car felt great and after a warm up i got my reward a number of back to back hard runs up to 60 or 70 mph the extra power and Torque on tap was apparent.What i would call the way GM should do it with a SS version and just make it premium only.Brian had told me he would like to look at several data logs so i proceeded to record them.The first one was at a cruise than i stopped and slightly brake stood it after about 20ft of wheel spin it hooked up and pulled up to 70mph.The next one was recorded with a rolling at 10 mph and the throttle snapped to the floor and up to about 70mph.The best part is the wife just came home after a 50 mile trip with the car.I asked well what did you think of the car.She said it fells great just like always i dont drive like you do.Ah this is great i thought if there were any drive ability issues i certainly would have listened to her over it lol.Plus hey she is a great tester for gas mileage to ! Here is the result of the data logs and a big thumbs up to Vtuner !

Looks good Randy - The GM Torque PdD was indicating peak power at around 174hp at 5527 rpm (165 lb-ft @ 5527 rpm), reducing slightly down to 165hp at 6500 rpm and torque is peaking at around 177lb-ft below 5200 rpm. Boost pressure was around 19psi - this is indicated under TCBP (TurboCharger Boost Pressure) in absolute pressure (so you need to subtract barometric pressure to obtain gauge pressure).

Nice comprehensive review

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1.4t - 35% tint, K&N Intake & Black Bowties.

World Rally Champion
    Idk I just wanna try there's I guess I haven't had problems wuth Trifecta

GO FOR GOLD

http://www.youtube.com/user/H377ON3ARTH?feature=mhee

2012 ECO 6MT

Current Mods:
    K&N Typhoon Short Ram Intake,Tinted Windows, Custom Made Cat Back Exhaust With IMCO High Flow Muffler, Trifecta Performance Tune Plasti-dipped stock ECO rims, ZZP Down-pipe, M-Tech Shifter Shortener, 15" Incriminator Audio Subwoofer in Custom Built Box pushed by a Hifonics BRZ-2100.

I am leaning towards Vtune myself
    ADDICTED TO TURBO
    http://www.facebook.com/christophercroninvfib

Learning about my Cruze
    Quote Originally Posted by GM Master Tech View Post
    Boost pressure was around 19psi - this is indicated under TCBP (TurboCharger Boost Pressure) in absolute pressure (so you need to subtract barometric pressure to obtain gauge pressure).
    Are all turbo boost pressures measured in absolute? If so, the stock 16 psia is about 1.3psig at sea level. I'm new to turbo boost so any clear explanations would be helpful. Thanks.
    2013 Cruze 1LT w/ RS, All Star, Enhanced Safety, Convenience, Technology packages. Dealer added Chrome body side molding.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.