"sri" - Page 2
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: "sri"

And it looks and works just as the 250 would too probably. It's "cheap" parts ya ok cuz ur paying for a name. It's a air filter intake not a tune.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
    US Army Veteran - Rochester, NY | Instagram : @mastercanine
    2011 Cruze Eco 1.4T M/T
    Mods : -Trifecta Tune - Dual Borla Exhaust - Premium Aftermarket Audio System - ZZP Pillar Gauge Pod - Drop in K&N - Resonator Delete - Custom Vinyl Work (Hood, Roof, Trunk, Front/Rear Bowtie) - Interior L.E.D. Lighting (All) - Exterior L.E.D. Lighting (License plate, GlowTie) - 20% Tint All Around

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

I look forward to seeing your design of an sri. Maybe we will be able to show others that it's possible.

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

It might be possible to completely bypass the MAF sensor with the trifecta ECP enabled tune. Worth looking into...
    2012 Chevrolet Cruze LT Manual 6
    Mods: Trifecta Tune ~22 PSI, 8-11 *Timing advance , 12:1 AFR
    Injen SRI (removed), Water/Meth 50-120 ML/min
    Turbonetics 11038-BB, 2.5 inch exaust, magnaflow muffler.

Next: Brakes that work...

Tires:
    Firehawk Wide Oval-215/60R16
    Wont rest until i reach 200 WHP

ok i also found a WEAPON-R - Chevy Cruze 2011 Secret Weapon Air Intake System weapon r intake from car id? any good? just curious. im probably going to go the spec route due to cost
    US Army Veteran - Rochester, NY | Instagram : @mastercanine
    2011 Cruze Eco 1.4T M/T
    Mods : -Trifecta Tune - Dual Borla Exhaust - Premium Aftermarket Audio System - ZZP Pillar Gauge Pod - Drop in K&N - Resonator Delete - Custom Vinyl Work (Hood, Roof, Trunk, Front/Rear Bowtie) - Interior L.E.D. Lighting (All) - Exterior L.E.D. Lighting (License plate, GlowTie) - 20% Tint All Around

Quote Originally Posted by Markj2222 View Post
    It might be possible to completely bypass the MAF sensor with the trifecta ECP enabled tune. Worth looking into...
    Would there be any benifit to doing this?

Quote Originally Posted by smoove87 View Post
    Would there be any benifit to doing this?

use a crappy hardware store Sri

Tires:

Duke of Oil

Where the stars and stripes and eagles fly.
    Quote Originally Posted by smoove87 View Post
    Attachment 10128
    Here is a list of what I used:
    Spectre air filter oiled - red to match my car.
    2.5" to 3" silicon coupled - red
    3" 90deg bend
    3" 60deg bend
    3" maf adaptor with 2.75" velocity tube.
    Bracket made out of spare aluminum angle I had laying around.

This spring when it warms up I will be painting the whole assembly in red heat resistant paint.

I could not see myself spending 250 plus on an intake, and that is why I decided to fabricate my own version.

To be honest, any of the aftermarket systems will be of higher quality than the plastic one you put together, so you can't really say that you did the same thing.

Also, the aftermarket systems are designed and tuned to run on a stock Cruze properly. Now, I haven't done this myself, but have you measured the inner diameter of the factory tube? What is the inner diameter of the tube you're using?

Any variation there will result in fueling problems. They may not be large enough to throw a code, but to say that it works well would be a tad bit misleading unless you have either tuned of the difference or have verified that the car is running the correct AFR.
    Amsoil Products Info, Ordering, & CruzeTalk.com Discounts

XtremeRevolution & Co. Mobile Audio Parts :: XtremeRevolution.net

"When freedom is at odds with government policy, one of two things eventually happens: Either freedom is crushed, or political leaders are forced out in disgrace and replaced with guardians of individual liberty."

"...the Supreme Court has ruled that the right to keep and bear arms exists independently of the Second Amendment...the Bill of Rights is a reminder to the government, not [an] authorization..."

Duke of Oil

I'm fairly certain that would result in a drop in fuel economy if you could even do it. There's a reason that MAF sensor is there.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt585 View Post
    And it looks and works just as the 250 would too probably. It's "cheap" parts ya ok cuz ur paying for a name. It's a air filter intake not a tune.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

It's more than just an air filter. It's testing that was done by a company to ensure that the intake itself doesn't alter your fuel trims and performs the same as the factory intake with regard to MAF sensor calibration. It's testing that was done to ensure that filtration capabilities are up to par and that you will not break or dirty up your MAF sensor prematurely. It's also support stating that this will not void your warranty, so that if your dealership finds your intake and attempts to void your 5 year, 100,000 mile powertrain warranty, you can cite that K&N or Injen have stated that this is compatible with this vehicle and does not alter the calibration in any way, and does not void the warranty. Good luck explaining how a DIY AutoZone intake does the same.

Just saying, there's more to it.

If you look at an Injen intake, not only is it painted with a very nice finish, but it is also tuned correctly. There is a tube inside opposite of the opening for the MAF sensor that straightens the airflow and compensates for any change in pipe area in the MAF section. The elbows are mandrel bent aluminum, and the filter is a very, very good Amsoil dry filter. It would be cost prohibitive to build the same level of quality on your own.

I bought my Injen intake used with 15k miles on it for $140 shipped.
    Last edited by XtremeRevolution; 01-16-2013 at 01:55 PM.

"When freedom is at odds with government policy, one of two things eventually happens: Either freedom is crushed, or political leaders are forced out in disgrace and replaced with guardians of individual liberty."

"...the Supreme Court has ruled that the right to keep and bear arms exists independently of the Second Amendment...the Bill of Rights is a reminder to the government, not [an] authorization..."

Quote Originally Posted by XtremeRevolution View Post
    I'm fairly certain that would result in a drop in fuel economy if you could even do it. There's a reason that MAF sensor is there.
    ECP = Enhanced Charge Prediction

To quote Jerry@BNR
    "With ECP the MAF is considered "untrusted" so we ignore the readings it's sending. If you want, we can turn it back on to show airflow but it is not to be considered accurate by any means. "

I gather that they use other sensors because most people purchasing trifecta tunes are probably running an intake of some sort. So Vince developed other means of calculating airflow.

This is why i think you could just plop some tubes and a filter on your turbo intake and call it a day. Just completely remove the MAF and use your $50 intake with your ECP tune.

Tires:

Duke of Oil

ECP = Enhanced Charge Prediction

To quote Jerry@BNR
    "With ECP the MAF is considered "untrusted" so we ignore the readings it's sending. If you want, we can turn it back on to show airflow but it is not to be considered accurate by any means. "

I gather that they use other sensors because most people purchasing trifecta tunes are probably running an intake of some sort. So Vince developed other means of calculating airflow.

This is why i think you could just plop some tubes and a filter on your turbo intake and call it a day. Just completely remove the MAF and use your $50 intake with your ECP tune.
    The aftermarket intakes have bungs welded to accept the stock MAF sensor. This includes ZZP, Injen, and K&N.

If you're going to buy a tune, it really doesn't matter what intake you use, but if you are going to run stock, it definitely matters.

From what I can gather, "ECP" does in new PCMs what VE tables did in older PCMs. The problem with calculating airflow and fueling based on volumetric efficiency is that there will be a hit in optimal fuel economy. At least, that has been my tuning experience. Trifecta has yet to prove any fuel economy gains with their standard tune. I'm not holding my breath that they'll release any related numbers on ECP-enabled tunes.
    Last edited by XtremeRevolution; 01-16-2013 at 06:34 PM.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast