MAP sensor
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: MAP sensor

Driver's Ed

MAP sensor

Hello,

I'm a new member to this site but have been lurking around for a little bit . I am needing to change the map sensor on my 2012 cruze Lt. Can someone point me in the right direction on how to replace the map sensor?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Administrator

Unless you drive a long ways, your car is under warranty. So if this is a drivability issue I'd take it to your dealership for this. If not, why are you changing the MAP sensor?

2012 ECO MT - Black Granite/Cloth; 814 mile range; Bluetooth Stereo AUX; OEM Fogs w/Chrome Covers; GM Spare tire; VG Shark Fin
    2010 Mit Lancer GT MT (traded for ECO @31K miles)
    2002 Pont Montana AWD (traded for 2012 LS @182K miles)
    1990 Pont Transport (traded for Montana @240K miles)
    1986 Fiero GT MT (traded for Transport - needed more seats)
    1985 Fiero 2M4 MT (traded for Fiero GT @8K miles)

Driver's Ed
    Honestly, I think I can get it done faster than the dealership. It drives fine but the engine light came on the other day and Oreilly's scanned it and said it showed Map sensor code and at idle it surges. It is my wife's car/family car and I have never dealt with any warranty before so honestly I didn't know how all that works? Take it up there and let them figure it out? Am I responsible for anything (paying for parts or service or diagnostic)?

Administrator

For the first 36 months/36K miles warranty service is completely free. Any Chevy dealership can do it, not just the one you purchased the car at. If you're in an area without a Chevy dealership I believe any GM dealership can do warranty work for you as well. I would take it to a dealership for this so if there is a problem with the replacement MAP sensor or it's not installed correctly it's still covered.

Most dealerships have shuttles to get you to and from work (usually limited to 10-15 miles in range from the dealership). If the work is going to take more than a day the dealership is required under warranty to get you a rental or loaner at the dealership's expense. GM will reimburse the dealership for this.
    Starchy likes this.

2012 ECO MT - Black Granite/Cloth; 814 mile range; Bluetooth Stereo AUX; OEM Fogs w/Chrome Covers; GM Spare tire; VG Shark Fin

Administrator

Welcome to CruzeTalk. You found the best place on the web to get your Cruze questions answered.
    Starchy likes this.

Driver's Ed
    Thanks for the info, I will be taking it in.

Autocross Champion
    while I agree that you could probably do it faster than them, be aware that just because the code came up doesn't mean it's a bad MAP sensor. It could be something else and in that case, use the warranty and let them troubleshoot it.
    No more Cruze Now driving a 2014 Genesis Coup 3.8 R-Spec.

Retired Moderator

You'd likely be stuck getting the sensor from the dealer anyhow. None of the large parts chains around me have any Cruze parts yet.

If you have less than 36k miles, take it into the dealer and let them take care of it. Otherwise, read the owner's manual to see if it would be covered under the 100k mile powertrain warranty first.
    2012 Chevrolet Cruze Eco
    2009 Honda Fit Sport

Learn from the mistakes of others, so when you err it can be in new and interesting ways.

World Rally Champion
    When I called my chevy house they said they didn't stock them they also didn't tell me a price.

Sent from my Droid using AutoGuide.Com Free App
    GO FOR GOLD

http://www.youtube.com/user/H377ON3ARTH?feature=mhee

2012 ECO 6MT

Current Mods:
    K&N Typhoon Short Ram Intake,Tinted Windows, Custom Made Cat Back Exhaust With IMCO High Flow Muffler, Trifecta Performance Tune Plasti-dipped stock ECO rims, ZZP Down-pipe, M-Tech Shifter Shortener, 15" Incriminator Audio Subwoofer in Custom Built Box pushed by a Hifonics BRZ-2100.

Driver's Ed
    Just dropped it off at my local stealership, they said it will most likely be done today. Let's see what they say.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.