E85 Kit and Spec Stage 3 Clutch on the Way!
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: E85 Kit and Spec Stage 3 Clutch on the Way!

Off-Road Champion

E85 Kit and Spec Stage 3 Clutch on the Way!

Just ordered both. I admire this car way too much, and decided I want to have some fun with it. Well, alot.

For those unaware, an upgraded clutch is required for manual transmissions to fully enjoy the E85 tune. I've been told that I can expect up to 220whp/240wtq with an upgraded clutch.

I am planning on creating a review on the E85 tune and write-up on the 42# injector installation. Same for the clutch, however an installation write-up will not be written, as it should be done by a professional.

I'm hoping to further increase power numbers with the ZZP down and catted midpipe and the CXRacing Intercooler kit.

Additional support and ideas are welcome!

Let me know what you guys think.

~Ryan
    2012 Cruze RS-T 6M
    Performance
    - Tuned for E85 @ 24psi, 440cc Bosch Injectors, Spec Stage 3 Clutch, CXRacing FMIC, ZZP Down and Catted Midpipe, Forge BOV, K&N Typhoon SRI, Custom Magnaflow Catback, Big 3 Ground Kit, Mobil 1 Oil, RP 75w90 Trans Fluid.
    Exterior - Plastidip Wheels, Stripes, Rear Chrome, RS badge relocation

210hp/270tq on E85.
    OnlyTaurus's Build Thread

November 2012 Cruze Of The Month
    March 2013 Member Of The Month

I'm Building the Very First... Cruze SS!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Trust me bro you will not be disappointed
    DGR Coils,ZZP Dp,ZZP FMIC,IC Sprayers,Injen CAI,E85 tune, 42lb injectors,SPEC Stage 2+ clutch,Forge Motorsport BOV, CAI Ducting In Front Bumper,Plastidip chrome +rims Yellow Fogs, Rally Armor Flaps, 35%Tint,Vortex Generators,curbweight2886,red headliner.Future mods:ZZP Midpipe Brakes,Forged/Cryo treated engine internals,Sequential Twin Turbo, Red Bride Seats, Harness Bar

Off-Road Champion
    So I've heard! I'm very excited for this. Question for you Starchy, how is the cold weather affecting your start-ups, performance, fuel economy, etc.?

I wondering if I should wait til March to install the kit and clutch, or if I would be okay with doing it now.
    2012 Cruze RS-T 6M
    Performance
    - Tuned for E85 @ 24psi, 440cc Bosch Injectors, Spec Stage 3 Clutch, CXRacing FMIC, ZZP Down and Catted Midpipe, Forge BOV, K&N Typhoon SRI, Custom Magnaflow Catback, Big 3 Ground Kit, Mobil 1 Oil, RP 75w90 Trans Fluid.

210hp/270tq on E85.

Honestly i have harddd cold starts from 0-32 degrees and i have to let it warm up a bit.. And i need to send my logs back cause i am running a bit rich still. I am getting about 23 city driving, and before i got about 27-28 city. I think once i am completely dialed in i should not have that issue anymore, and right now with the cruzereader i am getting 250 engine torque and it still says its running pretty rich, which leads me to believe there is still room for power from the tune with bolt ons. and i think the 220hp and the 240torque are with only an intake idk if thats whp though.... I went in a ride in my friends stock 2012 STI the other day and i felt like my car pulled almost as much as his.... but with that being said i have done tons of weight removal to my Eco (more since last time lol :/)
    DGR Coils,ZZP Dp,ZZP FMIC,IC Sprayers,Injen CAI,E85 tune, 42lb injectors,SPEC Stage 2+ clutch,Forge Motorsport BOV, CAI Ducting In Front Bumper,Plastidip chrome +rims Yellow Fogs, Rally Armor Flaps, 35%Tint,Vortex Generators,curbweight2886,red headliner.Future mods:ZZP Midpipe Brakes,Forged/Cryo treated engine internals,Sequential Twin Turbo, Red Bride Seats, Harness Bar

Off-Road Champion
    Ok, so a wideband O2 system is strongly recommended?
    2012 Cruze RS-T 6M
    Performance

210hp/270tq on E85.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyTaurus View Post
    Ok, so a wideband O2 system is strongly recommended?
    Yes‼ i need to get one as well though :/ I know my CEL is reading rich... i just wonder if that's because its expecting the stociometric of regular gas?? Idk but i am pretty sure E85 will read differently like around 9(i think). Nevertheless I think it would be a good investment for accurate readings when running an ethanol mixture. Please anyone feel free to correct me if i am wrong

Retired Moderator

Ooh, can't wait to hear results!
    OnlyTaurus and Starchy like this.
    2012 Chevrolet Cruze Eco
    2009 Honda Fit Sport

Learn from the mistakes of others, so when you err it can be in new and interesting ways.

Duke of Oil
    Where the stars and stripes and eagles fly.
    Spec clutch? Wouldn't have been my first choice, but I hope you have good luck with it. Others have nearly lost limbs due to spec clutches.

Looking forward to the results though. I will admit I'm pretty excited to see the kind of numbers you can put down.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using AutoGuide App
    OnlyTaurus likes this.
    Amsoil Products Info, Ordering, & CruzeTalk.com Discounts

XtremeRevolution & Co. Mobile Audio Parts :: XtremeRevolution.net

"When freedom is at odds with government policy, one of two things eventually happens: Either freedom is crushed, or political leaders are forced out in disgrace and replaced with guardians of individual liberty."

"...the Supreme Court has ruled that the right to keep and bear arms exists independently of the Second Amendment...the Bill of Rights is a reminder to the government, not [an] authorization..."

Learning about my Cruze
    Please help me understand why you want to use E85. Aren't other fuel system components going to suffer premature death since they may not have been designed to handle the more corrosive E85?
    2013 Cruze 1LT w/ RS, All Star, Enhanced Safety, Convenience, Technology packages. Dealer added Chrome body side molding.

Handbrake Released
    Quote Originally Posted by rodneyiii View Post
    Please help me understand why you want to use E85. Aren't other fuel system components going to suffer premature death since they may not have been designed to handle the more corrosive E85?
    lol

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast