Check Engine Light
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Check Engine Light

Check Engine Light

Hello all,

Haven't been on here a while but a quick search revealed nothing on this yet...

I've had a CEL come up twice when starting up the car. It comes up saying "Service ESP" I believe.

I then simply turn off the car and turn it back on and no more CEL. Anyone experience this and/or know what it may be? I'm going the give the dealer a call tomorrow.

FYI, the car is at 15k kms and has a ZZP Intake.

Thanks in advance.

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1.4t - 35% tint, K&N Intake & Black Bowties.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Banned
    Only had my car a week...haven't experienced this tho. Dealer is best option, but if the CEL isn't on, probably aren't going to do anything

Quote Originally Posted by FieroItaliano85 View Post
    Only had my car a week...haven't experienced this tho. Dealer is best option, but if the CEL isn't on, probably aren't going to do anything
    I figure as much, while my general experience with my dealer has been good (for both our vehicles), it has been a "fix it if they can see it themselves" thing.

Generally if there has been a CEL the car will store the code and a tech can go in and see those stored codes. I can't guarantee that 100% because we haven't had enough Cruzes go through our service department yet but the new CAN-BUS system is more sophisticated than previous ones so my guess is it will store the codes.
    2013 ECO 6MT - Silver Ice/Titanium

Quote Originally Posted by yourdoinitwrong View Post
    Generally if there has been a CEL the car will store the code and a tech can go in and see those stored codes. I can't guarantee that 100% because we haven't had enough Cruzes go through our service department yet but the new CAN-BUS system is more sophisticated than previous ones so my guess is it will store the codes.
    This is true, they can scan for past codes.

I believe ESP has something to do with the Steering System.. I think?? And yes, when my CEL was on, the dealer was able to see the history, and then clear it out...

Quote Originally Posted by Shotime32 View Post
    I believe ESP has something to do with the Steering System.. I think?? And yes, when my CEL was on, the dealer was able to see the history, and then clear it out...
    I think the message is for ESC which is the electronic stability control. The electric power steering has it's own warning light and message. They have a message for everything!
    2013 ECO 6MT - Silver Ice/Titanium

Quote Originally Posted by yourdoinitwrong View Post
    I think the message is for ESC which is the electronic stability control. The electric power steering has it's own warning light and message. They have a message for everything!
    Hmm, maybe it was ESC. Thanks for the info.

I called the dealer today and they weren't sure what ESP might be (it really must be ESC lol). I now have an appointment Monday to have it looked at, i need to have them look and the rubber door seals on the rear doors too (they're all crumbled and getting caught in the doors).

2011 onward has permanent DTC's per CARB legislation. So any time your car posts a fault, its there permanently. There is a way to get rid of them, but nothing that the dealer or you can do...

I can however with Inca via a CCP connection and a hard reset of the ECU.. MUAHHAAH

Banned
    In my opinion, there is a small possibility that your mass air flow sensor was disturbed / affected by the intake install. This would definitely throw an stability control light. Need to know the exact code to be sure. Yes, high speed / high tech communication in Cruze / Camaro / Equinox and such Tech 2 does not work any more, only the laptop with the MDI, or "better" stuff that I have Hope it works of for you, doesn't sound like a big deal. Let me know if you need advice, if the dealer gives you a hard time I can look up bulletins and such.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast