Cruze Eco shutter info - Page 6
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Cruze Eco shutter info

Driver's Ed
    my 2011 LS model has no clutch.. just variable displacement. compressor spins anytime the belt is moving and setting the ac to high does increase fuel usage I have tested this with a scan guage

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Handbrake Released
    well i believe the show mythbusters did a test..and proved..at least on the car they used for the test...that you use more gas with your windows down,than with your a/c on....

Quote Originally Posted by cruze1953 View Post
    I wonder if it will close during cold startup and help engine warm up faster
    during winter months.
    Since the cold weather started here in MI, the shutter changed its behavior. Sometimes when I start the engine, the shutter stays closed maybe one minute and after that it opens until I get around 40MPH then closes back. But since the temperatures went down last month it looks like it stays open almost all the time! Makes sense if you think that the snow and ice can lock the mechanism and stay until is warmer and thaw out. I know this because I have an LED connected with a small switch. Any other experience in the cold weather?

Quote Originally Posted by bartonmd View Post
    I seriously doubt that... These guys would sell their mothers' grave plots for a $0.10/car cost reduction... I doubt they would add (and control) something like this, that doesn't really affect the customer in any way
    Mike
    Agreed, I feel the shutters DO affect the CD ratio..

Any your comment about selling Mom's grave for 10 cents,, FOR SURE.

Anyone remember when Ford deleted a $11.00 improvement to the Pinto's Gas Tank ?

The "Bean-Counters" figured they could "pay off" the family of the deceased victims of Pinto fires.

GM, Chrysler and Japan made cars with equally dangerous gas tanks, Except they were smart enough to SHRED the doucments and unlike Ford, who left them for a "whistle-blower" to discover and report,

Thanks to Whoever You Are !
    I'm surprised you didn't get a "Dead Canary"

Driver's Ed
    do it thow a code

Driver's Ed
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneCrab View Post
    Will the computer throw a code if the shutters are blocked by some obstruction and can't close properly (snow, ice, etc)?
    why yes it will and i call chevy to see how too take it off and the y didnt kno

Resident Secret Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by A&J Cruzin View Post
    well i believe the show mythbusters did a test..and proved..at least on the car they used for the test...that you use more gas with your windows down,than with your a/c on....
    On most cars, you get lower drag with them open at or below 35-45 mph. After that keep them closed, lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using AutoGuide.com App
    No longer own a Cruze and still help where I can, message me anytime, for anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by ME
    We are more than enthusiasts. We are Believers.
    Now running a 2013 Malibu 1LT and saving to restore a '69 Camaro.

Driver's Ed
    i took it off and now i have a engin code how do i turn it off

Driver's Ed
    i called zzp about the fmic they have on the site. and the problme is the shullters.the fmic they have will not work on the eco unless you just go on with the check engin light on. Any one kno how to turn it off need help before i put them back in. I even call GM the had nothing for me crazy right
    Last edited by eskylerjones; 03-09-2012 at 01:17 PM.

Handbrake Released The Wolf Wagon's Avatar
    I've heard that there is a shutter on my Eco. Where exactly is it?

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast