Cruze Oil Change - 1.4T - Page 25
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Cruze Oil Change - 1.4T

Handbrake Released
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunline Fan View Post
    I just got all the Amsoil ordered as well as a few AC Delco filters (from Rock Auto) tonight. I'll be rolling over 3k by the end of the week and I think it's time. I really don't want to hold off any longer, even though the OLM (taken with a grain of salt) reads 71%.

I would also like to put a Fumoto valve on it. I've seen these before and never had the chance to actually put one on. I researched out on here and see that the correct part for the Cruze is the F-107, but are the drain plug's threads small enough where I need the adapter part/reducer too? In looking at the pics on the first page of this thread, I can't quite tell how large the threaded part is compared to the valve's threaded area. Has anyone installed one on their Cruze?
    Not sure where you got F-107 for the Fumoto valve... the quickvalve website shows F-106 is correct. I attempted to do this with another car I had, but the valve they indicated didn't work (threads were wrong), so I have been hesitant to spend the ~$30 to get it for my Cruze. I'd like to have this though, as the last time I was draining the oil the wind picked up and blew oil *everywhere*. I'd love to avoid that issue in the future. If you pick one up, be sure to post what works.
    West Michigan Area Trifecta Tuner - PM for details

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rlhammon View Post
    Not sure where you got F-107 for the Fumoto valve... the quickvalve website shows F-106 is correct. I attempted to do this with another car I had, but the valve they indicated didn't work (threads were wrong), so I have been hesitant to spend the ~$30 to get it for my Cruze. I'd like to have this though, as the last time I was draining the oil the wind picked up and blew oil *everywhere*. I'd love to avoid that issue in the future. If you pick one up, be sure to post what works.

I wouldn't recommend the Fumoto Valve for the 1.4L Cruze. The drain plug is on the bottom of the pan and it would be to close to the ground that it could get ripped off. I wouldn't take a chance. I wanted to get one as well since I have them on my Silverado and Acadia but since the Cruze is a bottom pan drain plug I will deal with it.
    1991 ECO Jetta TD
    2002 Silverado Z71

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTopaz View Post
    I wouldn't recommend the Fumoto Valve for the 1.4L Cruze. The drain plug is on the bottom of the pan and it would be to close to the ground that it could get ripped off. I wouldn't take a chance. I wanted to get one as well since I have them on my Silverado and Acadia but since the Cruze is a bottom pan drain plug I will deal with it.
    Yup, I decided against it for this exact reason. Too low and unprotected, but it would be nice to have.

Also, oil blowing all over seems to be somewhat common unless you pull the cap & dipstick before you dump the oil. Mine splattered all over quite a bit initially before I did this while it was draining.
    Jon-
    "You say the strangest things" -jblackburn
    2012 Cruze LTZ RS 1.4L 6A, Autumn Metallic with Cocoa/Light Neutral, Built 2/23/2012 at Lordstown 19078!
    Trifecta, shiny Injen, Forge Atmo BOV, Collins Big 3, Homelink, RS/Turbo badges, Husky Liners, Curt hitch, LTZ Grill, Korean sunglasses holder, ZZP gauge pod
    2005 Ford Excursion Limited V10, soon to be 7.3 PSD. 2007 Sunline Solaris T-286SR.
    Pure Michigan Cruzers

Contest Manager
    Just finished my 2nd oil change 2 days ago (Mobile One)
    I did my cruze and my GF's 2008 Hyundai Elantra in the afternoon on sunday.
    Luckly her grand father has a garage and some jack stands so i didnt freeze my butt off outside.

Before i got off work my GF got a quote for a synthetic oil change at Pep "Girls" and they wanted around $60.
    walmart had 5quarts for $26 5w20 (Hers) and $24 for 5w30 (mine). so made sense to do it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin Cajun View Post
    I didn't like how close the guard was to the oil drain plug so I pulled out the trusty hole saw and cut a semi circle right where the drain plug is. No more mess!
    That is a great solution for those who want to keep their aero panels mostly intact vs. the hack job the dealer wants to do.

Another simple thing I have found is that if you jack the car up from the passenger side, the oil flow is a little bit futher away from the edge of the shield. For those that use ramps its not much help, but if you are like me and just put one wheel in the air to get under there, lift the right side.

Driver's Ed
    Thanks. Great Post!

Handbrake Released Aussie SRi-V's Avatar
    As was mentioned in this thread, Australia also has the Torx bolt to contend with..
    I'd prefer a simple the 10mm
    photo.JPG

Driver's Ed
    Just did my first oil change on our 2012 Cruze Eco Automatic. Your pictorial was a great help. Thanks!

Driver's Ed
    hey just bought a 12 ltz rs 1.4t 6 speed auto.. about how often is everyone changing their oil? Ive heard different depending on who i ask

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by JTedrow View Post
    hey just bought a 12 ltz rs 1.4t 6 speed auto.. about how often is everyone changing their oil? Ive heard different depending on who i ask
    Don't go past 25% on the OLM or 8000 miles. Ever. Even if changing on full synthetic 5w-30. Shorten that to 50% on the OLM or 4000-5000 miles if using semi-synthetic 5w-30 dexos1 oil. Chevy was a wee bit optimistic on the OLM programming with the 2011's and 2012's with the 1.4T.

Don't use a conventional oil. It's not any cheaper when the turbo fries or the engine sludges from the turbo turning conventional oil into gooey paste.
    2012 Chevrolet Cruze Eco
    2009 Honda Fit Sport

Learn from the mistakes of others, so when you err it can be in new and interesting ways.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast