Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Catch Can Installation?

9K views 29 replies 12 participants last post by  ECOmaniac 
#1 ·
Forgive me if I've missed it, but I've only found people talking about installing them. Has anybody actually installed catch cans on there 1.4 turbo yet? Thanks in advance.

Edit: Also I didn't write actually twice. It posted it that way for some reason.

#3 ·
OK - for those of who don't know, what is a "Catch Can"?

#4 ·
Nearly all motors route crank case gases back into the intake manifold to be burned by the engine for emissions purposes. These gases though contain oil vapors which over time gum up the inside of your intake manifold. A catch can filters the oil vapors out of the gases preventing this buildup. The only "downside" is that you must empty the catch can periodically, usually when you change your oil. On my GTO I typically had 1/8 cup of oil in the catch can that otherwise would have gone inside my intake.

#6 ·
Looks to me that on the passenger side firewall would be a perfect spot to mount them up at. I just need to know what hoses I'm suppose to plumb into and where they are and I will be getting on this project. The list is building fast and I really need to get started somewhere. :)

#9 ·
Thank you Beaker.

#17 ·
Hey Skillz, just want to run something by you. I've been talking with my friend at work about how he did his catch can set up on his honda civic si (he supercharged it) and well he put two catch cans on. Now I haven't got too in depth with him on it yet, but he was saying that I needed one for the clean side and one for the dirty side. Now I know how opinions go, but I thought I'd share the information and see where it took us.

#29 ·
yay! a catch can thread with no arguing ! ebay seems to be the best place but greddy makes one for 150$ if you wanna go all out. they all do the same thing so in reality your just paying for the name. i intend on installing one soon myself, once its done ill put up a how to and stuff :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.