Trifecta tune for car noobs
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Trifecta tune for car noobs

Learning about my Cruze

Trifecta tune for car noobs

The gushing on these forums about the Trifecta tune has me very interested in getting it. I don't know much about cars beyond general maintenance but I would like a better ride. These are the things Vince asks for when ordering a tune so I am hoping someone can explain what needs to be put.

3. Auto - Torque Management Delete - Yes/No (I am guessing how much torque GM allows the car to have on an auto? Is it wise to keep management?)
    4. Intake / Exhaust (do I just put stock here?)
    5. High Flow / No Cat(s) / Offroad Only - I assume I put factory here?
    6. Throttle Body / Fuel system - (no idea)
    7. Cylinder head / Camshaft / Valvetrain
    9. Engine swap - No
    10. Speed Limiter Delete? (I am guessing this removes some sort of top speed limitation for the car?)
    11. Dual Tune Selector? Auto Shift Mode Selector and Cruise Control Selector (not sure what to do here)
    2012 Summit White 1LT A/T
    All-star Package & Fog Lamps

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Retired Moderator CHEVYCRUZE RS's Avatar
    Pretty much just state your current mods when you order pretty simple lol . If your running stock just reply "stock" in the box . If you want the extras just check the box either yes or no . Personally I'd get the rev limiter delete but the leave the max torque for safety . I don't think these engines can handle all that just yet
    A stanced daily..... addicted to stance
    ZZPerformance.com
    Rotiform.com
    StanceWorks.com
    2LOW4TO

The rev limiter delete is pointless. I've had Vince push the shift points back to the redline and the car has enough trouble even trying to get there. The turbo runs out of power before the redline.

NVM then haha, thanks for the info Erik!

Im working on my exhaust and ZZP parts before I get Trifecta..... Really dont like the Magnaflow dual setup, muffler just sits way too low! For now im gunna order the mid + downpipe and in the near future run straight pipes from mid and install 2 vibrant performance mufflers in the rear.... ( (1) 2.25" inlet -> (2) 3'' outlets, after the muffler ) + itll look real good with my roadruns bodykit.
    Last edited by CHEVYCRUZE RS; 05-16-2012 at 05:50 PM.
    ZZPerformance.com
    Rotiform.com
    StanceWorks.com
    2LOW4TO

Resident Secret Lover
    That's gonna look beastly

Sent from my SGH-I777 using AutoGuide.com App
    No longer own a Cruze and still help where I can, message me anytime, for anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by ME
    We are more than enthusiasts. We are Believers.
    Now running a 2013 Malibu 1LT and saving to restore a '69 Camaro.

Yeah can't wait , the magnaflows sound nice but it's an awkward setup , and most of the time I hear drips of water coming out of my exhaust . Gotta save up for a new setup on the vibrant mufflers haha
    ZZPerformance.com
    Rotiform.com
    StanceWorks.com
    2LOW4TO

Well, I have just recived my tune from Trifecta about an hour ago. I got the cable 2 days ago. I didn't really have any problems installing it other than being slightly lost for the first couple minutes. But then I got it all figured out. I just have to organise my folders now, and it's easy as pie. The car fired up, but didn't sound any different. I pulled out of the driveway. The boost kicked in @ 3K and a laid down a little rubber. WOW. This thing is alive now. I went and rat bagged it on my way to McDonalds for lunch. The turbo is super strong at about 3000RPM. It is a pretty nice improvement over stock. I noticed the exhaust note is changing. Sounds like a lumpy cam. COOL! I flicked the cruse control button to armed, and it feels like the car goes back to stock or de tunes a bit. Could be my imagination though. Now I need to figure out all the features this tune has to offer. So far I am very happy with the tune. Coming from a guy who has engine swapped a few Honda's in my time, this is GREAT BANG FOR THE BUCK.
    Go on and git one!!!!
    MODS:
    2012 Chevrolet Cruze LT RS, Tinted Windows 35%, Smoked tails 50%, AVS Ventvisors, K&N Typhoon, Magnaflow Dual Exhaust, Custom Front Lip, GM Turbo Emblem, Trifecta Tuned...
    DGR Coilovers(track kit), BMC Rear Window Spoiler....

Can't wait till I jump on a tune . My cruze needs it badly !!!!
    ZZPerformance.com
    Rotiform.com
    StanceWorks.com
    2LOW4TO

Quote Originally Posted by CruzeBC View Post
    Well, I have just recived my tune from Trifecta about an hour ago. I got the cable 2 days ago. I didn't really have any problems installing it other than being slightly lost for the first couple minutes. But then I got it all figured out. I just have to organise my folders now, and it's easy as pie. The car fired up, but didn't sound any different. I pulled out of the driveway. The boost kicked in @ 3K and a laid down a little rubber. WOW. This thing is alive now. I went and rat bagged it on my way to McDonalds for lunch. The turbo is super strong at about 3000RPM. It is a pretty nice improvement over stock. I noticed the exhaust note is changing. Sounds like a lumpy cam. COOL! I flicked the cruse control button to armed, and it feels like the car goes back to stock or de tunes a bit. Could be my imagination though. Now I need to figure out all the features this tune has to offer. So far I am very happy with the tune. Coming from a guy who has engine swapped a few Honda's in my time, this is GREAT BANG FOR THE BUCK.
    Go on and git one!!!!
    Cruise control armed/on = Eco Mode w/ 14 psi (-2 from stock)
    Cruise control off = Sport Mode w/ 22 psi (+6 from stock)

Exhaust note shouldn't change.

'12 Cruze Eco 6M Topaz Blue

Tuned lasr night. Blow off is much louder and also adds a little whine for the turbo now.

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

2012 Chevy Cruze ECO - 6MT - Autumn Mettalic/Black Interior
    30/15 Tint - CF Front/Rear Emblem - CF Door Pillars - Debadged
    Blue LED Interior - CF Steering Wheel Emblem - Plasti-Dip Stuff
    K&N SR Intake - Trifecta Tuned
    Pictures Can Be Seen In My Garage

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast