Is Mobil 1 really the best? - Page 7
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Is Mobil 1 really the best?

Off-Road Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by sciphi View Post
    I'm using M1 EP 5w-30 currently. It got dark pretty quickly. I'll run it for 2 oil changes, and post a UOA. By that, I mean change it at 25% OLM, not run it for 15k miles like it says. That would be asking for trouble on the 1.4T.

I bet we see somebody run regular old Delco 5w-30 to 0% on the OLM repeatedly, and wonder why they need a new turbo at 60-70k miles.
    Yeah, lol. Sadly, they are out there.
    2012 Cruze RS-T 6M
    Performance
    - Tuned for E85 @ 24psi, 440cc Bosch Injectors, Spec Stage 3 Clutch, CXRacing FMIC, ZZP Down and Catted Midpipe, Forge BOV, K&N Typhoon SRI, Custom Magnaflow Catback, Big 3 Ground Kit, Mobil 1 Oil, RP 75w90 Trans Fluid.
    Exterior - Plastidip Wheels, Stripes, Rear Chrome, RS badge relocation

210hp/270tq on E85.
    OnlyTaurus's Build Thread

November 2012 Cruze Of The Month
    March 2013 Member Of The Month

I'm Building the Very First... Cruze SS!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Learning about my Cruze jayman4312's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XtremeRevolution View Post
    My biggest issue is finding it locally. When I want to change oil, I don't want to pay for shipping, or have to drive long distances to get it.
    GRD in villa park usually carries it, or 6star up near woodfield mall usually has motul as well. I get my 75w90 motul from there for my trans and rearend in the subaru.
    XtremeRevolution likes this.

Autocross Champion
    Quite a few years back - mid 1970s I had a 2 litre german Ford SOHC powered car which I had turboed. I used Shell Rottella T and had no issues, for many miles. I switched to Mobil 1 and in short order needed to replace the camshaft. I am using mobil 1 now in my Cruze but have purchased Royal Purple for the next oil change.

I have used M1 since after my first dealer oil change. I have 52K on the car now. The oil change before the one I did Saturday was done by the dealership after warranty service. I actually noticed a difference in the way it ran after I got the Mobil One back in it. It seemed to just run smoother... I change the oil when it tells me to, since I'm not real hard on it and don't operate it in real dusty or dirty conditions....

I've used Royal Purp in my LS v8 engines (all N/A) and every one of them ran more quiet and smoother afterwards. Some not instantly, but after a few thousand miles on RP, I noticed less valvetrain noise for sure. You can pick up RP at pretty much any Autozone/O'Reilly's.

I have been meaning to give Quantum Blue a try. This would be an order only oil. They blend it for your particular engine, not just 1.4t cruze engines, the one in your car specifically. I only hear good things from those that have used it.

Off-Road Champion
    I may just try a RP change, I'm due coming up.
    2012 Cruze RS-T 6M
    Performance
    - Tuned for E85 @ 24psi, 440cc Bosch Injectors, Spec Stage 3 Clutch, CXRacing FMIC, ZZP Down and Catted Midpipe, Forge BOV, K&N Typhoon SRI, Custom Magnaflow Catback, Big 3 Ground Kit, Mobil 1 Oil, RP 75w90 Trans Fluid.
    Exterior - Plastidip Wheels, Stripes, Rear Chrome, RS badge relocation

210hp/270tq on E85.
    OnlyTaurus's Build Thread

November 2012 Cruze Of The Month
    March 2013 Member Of The Month

I'm Building the Very First... Cruze SS!

Autocross Champion
    I've used Royal Purp in my LS v8 engines (all N/A) and every one of them ran more quiet and smoother afterwards. Some not instantly, but after a few thousand miles on RP, I noticed less valvetrain noise for sure. You can pick up RP at pretty much any Autozone/O'Reilly's.

I have an LS1 GTO - I have used mobil 1 Since 500 miles on it and then changed every 4000 miles. I currently have Mobil 1 EP and currently at around 36000 miles on the odo - I am thinking RP for my next oil change

Quote Originally Posted by XtremeRevolution View Post
    I had to revive this thread due to a recent image I found. I changed the oil with Royal Purple for the last change, and this image popped up on my facebook wall today, saying it was posted by a customer.

Makes you wonder, doesn't it? I might just stick with RP.
    I find that pictures validity to be seriously questionable.

Meanwhile, truly independant lab testing has shown Mobil 1 to last longer than RP.

Lab results in.. Mobil1 vs Royal Purple - Corvette Forum

Pennzoil Platinum and Mobil 1 are just as good if not better than RP. That's the feeling I get from seeing UOA's from the bitog site.
    2013 Chevy Cruze LT RS - Black granite, 6M

Whatever is on sale with the little green Dexos symbol is fine for me. I'm putting in Peak Synthetic next - the official oil of the Indy 500!

Quote Originally Posted by iCruze2 View Post
    I just bought the Valvoline 5w-30 synthetic which is Dexos 1 approved...any concerns with this oil? I have been a fan of Mobil 1 for a long time and always assumed it was the best
    Valvoline is not Dexos1 approved. Valvoline says that it meets Dexos1 standards.
    Going out for a CRUZE

Accelerating to 6th gear!

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast