Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

42# Injectors Non-E85

5K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  GM Master Tech 
#1 ·
Here's the question: I have a tune (not for 42# injectors) just the initial file Trifecta sends. Can I run the Bosch injectors on this tune file and only 93? Or do I need a tune update no matter what because they're bigger injectors?

#7 ·
It's a dyno somewhere the #42s gave 2 - 3 whp think it was posted on the sonicforum

#8 ·
On any given day the engine could make 3 more HP.From 1 dyno pull to another.I just don't see them making any more HP than stock injectors on a 93 octane tune.I do know several members have taken them out because of tuning and driveability issues.GM if anything runs these motors fairly rich at WOT.More or less cools things down and protects the cat and engine from pinging on 87.A tune will lean the top end out some what to make more power

#9 ·
Don't the stock injectors max out at 200hp Since they are only 24# bosch injectors?

#10 ·
Smorey was well over 200 HP when he put his stock injectors back in.I know he said the car ran better with them.The problem becomes stock valve springs they will float.Vtuner worked with him to Diag that problem.When trifecta gave up on it.I see this engine as capable of around 210 HP or so.With meth injection and tune and complete exhaust.And running good with nice driveability.Above that your talking stronger valve springs and a bigger turbo and higher than 22 psi boost.Maybe 42 injectors would be good than? I know if it was me i would just go with the 210 or so HP recipe and be happy the car runs good at that level

Reactions: iTz SADISTIK
#13 ·
Well Smorey and the Vtuner seem to be doing fine on the stock injectors.I would say they have 2 of the most powerful 1.4Ts on the board.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.