Winter Project... 2012 Cruze LTZ RS LS1 Swap - Page 6

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Winter Project... 2012 Cruze LTZ RS LS1 Swap

Quote Originally Posted by NBrehm View Post
    I'm seriously tempted to get a Verano engine and go to work on that, but I think I will refrain.
    Indeed. Unless the LS1 is worked internally, a much better option would be the LNF out of the Cobalt SS turbo.

A LNF with a Trifecta tune makes slightly more HP and torque than the LS1.
    2013 Chevy Cruze LT RS - Black granite, 6M
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Bump for an update from 8urvette???

Sent from my XT912 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
    2012 Cruze LS <Totaled
    2012 Cruze Eco < Totaled

I'm here for moral support

The Gearheads Guild

Off-Road Champion

Quote Originally Posted by mcg75 View Post
    Indeed. Unless the LS1 is worked internally, a much better option would be the LNF out of the Cobalt SS turbo.

A LNF with a Trifecta tune makes slightly more HP and torque than the LS1.
    Peak yes, it doesn't have the power curve of an LS1 though.
    Nick
    USAF
    www.motorcityforums.com
    2011 Cruze Eco
    1988 Pontiac Trans Am GTA http://www.fquick.com/garages/viewvehicle.php?id=9723
    In the recent past:
    2002 Trans Am WS6 346CI of unbridled fury! 469RWH/434RWTQ 11.01 @ 123MPH You will be missed!
    2005 Subaru Legacy GT 309WHP/357RWTQ 12.21 @ 113
    2000 Subaru Impreza RS 203WHP/201WTQ 14.2 @ 103

Formula One Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by whatsstuckk5 View Post
    Its truly amazing how close minded some folks are.
    I was surprised at all the negativity here on this subject, I also think any mod of this magnitude should be applauded.

I think a few of you need to look into what engine/trans are in the 2008 Buick Lacrosse Super, pontiac grand prix gxp, or the Chevy Impala SS(all 2008 models). That year all came with 5.3L V8 in a front wheel drive car(303hp). yes rear wheel drive would be better but even more costly. My guess if I was doing this swap, these are the cars I would look at for trans/subframe ideas.

Since the 5.3L only has 303HP in that setup, think i would try to swap in a 3.6L v6 from a 2012 camaro/impala, with direct injection that motor also makes 300+HP & weighs allot less.

Lifetime: 10.4 cents per mile @ $3.67 average price over 60K miles

Epic Beard Man
    I have a friend who is currently swapping in an LS1 into a formerly-turbo'd Miata, so I can very much appreciate what the OP is trying to do. Like spacedout says, to venture out into uncharted territory deserves applause. If he ruins his car in the process somehow, it's his own car that he ruined.

Who knows, if this is successful, it may be the beginning of a whole new category in CruzeTalk.
    Jon-
    "Be courteous and polite, and if we seem a little crazy, that's because most of us are." -Duke of Oil
    2012 Cruze LTZ EcoRS 1.4L 6A, Autumn Metallic with Cocoa/Light Neutral, Built 2/23/2012!
    Trifecta, shiny Injen, Forge Atmo BOV, Collins Big 3, Homelink, RS/Turbo/Eco badges, Huskys, Curt hitch, LTZ Grill, Korean sunglasses holder, ZZP pod, & down/mid pipes
    2005 Ford Excursion Limited V10, soon a 7.3 PSD. 2007 Sunline Solaris T-286SR.

Off-Road Champion

Quote Originally Posted by spacedout View Post
    I was surprised at all the negativity here on this subject, I also think any mod of this magnitude should be applauded.

I think a few of you need to look into what engine/trans are in the 2008 Buick Lacrosse Super, pontiac grand prix gxp, or the Chevy Impala SS(all 2008 models). That year all came with 5.3L V8 in a front wheel drive car(303hp). yes rear wheel drive would be better but even more costly. My guess if I was doing this swap, these are the cars I would look at for trans/subframe ideas.

Since the 5.3L only has 303HP in that setup, think i would try to swap in a 3.6L v6 from a 2012 camaro/impala, with direct injection that motor also makes 300+HP & weighs allot less.
    They were FWD but the ergonomics of the Cruze aren't designed for a motor that size. You will have to fit the engine, transmission a hydraulic steering rack and box (there is no way it will fit with the electric box). All the cars you are quoting have a good 1-2 feet more room under the hood. I wish the OP the best in his quest but a Corvette would be less expensive unless you just butcher the Cruze
    Nick
    USAF
    www.motorcityforums.com
    2011 Cruze Eco
    1988 Pontiac Trans Am GTA http://www.fquick.com/garages/viewvehicle.php?id=9723
    In the recent past:
    2002 Trans Am WS6 346CI of unbridled fury! 469RWH/434RWTQ 11.01 @ 123MPH You will be missed!
    2005 Subaru Legacy GT 309WHP/357RWTQ 12.21 @ 113
    2000 Subaru Impreza RS 203WHP/201WTQ 14.2 @ 103

I think this would be awesome! The LS1 is fairly light, powerful, gobbles up mods like they are Pez, and spits out power. Would love to see the finished project.
    2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP. Street built TEP transmission. Upgraded ratio -3.29. Custom Tuned. Trans Cooler. 3" ZZP Catted downpipe, Magnaflow Cat-back.
    2013 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT. Navigation/MyLink. 2LT Conv Pack. Manual trans.

Learning about my Cruze jayman4312's Avatar
    OP, so were in winter now, hows the project coming along? Great im sure :/

Driver's Ed
    I'm along for the ride. I wanna see it!

Autocross Champion
    Need update from op soon. I hope he's just busy shoehorning that V8 into his cruze and isn't just being a troll.
    2014 Genesis Coupe 3.8 R-Spec
    2011 Cruze Eco
    : Traded for something better

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.